Proof sugar is as addicting as heroin

Options
MikeFlyMike
MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
Simply try to take it away from a sugar addicted person. I haven't seen reactions like this since watching the TV show Intervention.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/jimmy-kimmels-halloween-candy-prank_n_4218181.html

Replies

• Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    May be true but kids react the same way when you take away toys etc.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    In addiction treatment centres, sugar is usually controlled. Given out by cube or packet and then people still try to steal it. One of my co-worker's daughters just returned from such a centre and she was repeatedly sent to solitary confinement because she kept stealing the sugar. I agree that sugar is as, or more, addictive than heroin. I would argue more becuase it is socially acceptable to use sugar and it is almost never questioned. And it isn't limited to just refined pure sugar. I acted the same way with bread, pastry, chips... all things carbs, sugar, and starch. However, I say that in my situation it was more malnourishment than addiction, but it looked and felt the same.

PS. I'll try to remember to watch those videos when I get home.... sounds like it would be funny. Poor kids.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    May be true but kids react the same way when you take away toys etc.

^^this^^

however I do believe that sugar is addictive, not sure it is as bad as heroin. :laugh:
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I was trying to be a bit sarcastic and post a funny video. Sorry wasn't trying to be serious or downplay heroin addiction.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was trying to be a bit sarcastic and post a funny video. Sorry wasn't trying to be serious or downplay heroin addiction.

No worries :)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

No worries :)

^^this^^ I think we all got the humor of it. :) Sorry that didn't come across in my post. :) I put the laughing smilie on there... ;)
    :laugh:
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OMFG! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen!