Movie other then Fat Head

Options
Flmommy1
Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
I want my just diagnosed per-diabetic husband who is open to diet advice to watch a movie. I only have one shot with this guy. I think Fat Head is going to turn him off because of the emphasis on fast food. Are there any other movies that talk about the dangers of carbs and that fat is good that you can suggest?

Replies

• hlcrotsley
    hlcrotsley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fat Head was terrible. I haven't found a good documentary yet....
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Cereal Killers is coming, but isn't out yet.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/835313616/cereal-killers-the-movie

There are quite a few lectures. Peter Attia, Gary Taubes, Mark Sisson - all of these guys have videos online. Maybe pre-screen a few to see which best conveys the message, and then sit down and watch with him.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    The Perfect Human Diet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2014248/
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Loved Perfect human diet. A bit dry - but that is the point. If he would read a book? I liked "Don't Die Early" and am just starting "Grain Brain" and like it so far. Bottom line, eat paleo-ish in philosophy and you will be healthier for it.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I liked Food Inc. It's not geared towards Paleo per se, but I love the emphasis on how horrible the food industry is and how the local farmer is the good guy!!!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fat Head was terrible. I haven't found a good documentary yet....

*GASP* I loved fat head, it inspired me to start keto
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fat Head sounds interesting. I disliked the Perfect Human Diet. It was boring and got too much into evolution and I don't believe in it or Paleolithic ancestors.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I found King Corn interesting.
  • Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I went with The Perfect Human Diet and it went over great. Yay! I never thought I would get my husband on board and now he is open to "trying."