Husband called me a moose this morning.

Options
abelle2
abelle2 Posts: 9 Member
He saw me at an angle that was particularly unflattering. I saw the look on his face, and then he looked away. I knew what he was thinking, and I got mad. I threw a little silent passive aggressive temper tantrum. When I walked away, he called me a moose and told me to go to the gym.
Wow.
It hurt for so many reasons. First of all, he's not wrong. He's never said squat about my weight gain. Obviously he noticed, but he never said anything. To hear it from his mouth was painful and it was mean. Secondly, I am trying; 6 whole days with no binging. He doesn't know I'm trying. And he doesn't know that I do this awful binging thing. Maybe if he knew what I'm struggling with and how good I've been these past 6 days he wouldn't of said it. Nonetheless, it crushed me. I was so proud of myself. Now, I'm hurt. Normally, when I'm hurt, I eat. This is one hell of a test of my dedication to turning myself around.
I guess it's time to come clean. I'm not entirely sure I can say it out loud. But if I expect him to help me and be supportive, he should know what I'm up against.

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was tough to read. I'm so sorry :(. Words can hurt, especially when they're from someone you love. I wish I had some advice to give, but I'm at a loss. I think it may be good to have that conversation, as hard as it will be, and lay everything out on the table. If you can communicate your feelings and struggles, it may give him a different perspective and lead to him being more supportive of you. Good luck. Try not to let this overtake you and lead you to another binge. It won't be worth it, and it will just continue the ugly cycle.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. The more our loved ones make statements like that the more we binge. One guy I worked with asked the whole office why God made me. Than he yelled out to see how far skin can stretch. I am praying for you. You look beautiful. I have lost 80 lbs and kept it off for ten tears. I now list 14 with my fitness. Ask God to help you control those binges. A Nan who loves God loves his wife and would never sat something like that. Be patient with him he has a lot of growing to do.
  • abelle2
    abelle2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I needed to feel the love today. :)
    He's since apologized, and I gave him a small sense of what's going on. It wasn't a deep conversation, but it was a start.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sorry that it was not a great start to your day but it certainly has ended on a higher note after you opened up to your husband, right? No need to keep this a secret in your marriage.
  • adriennewx
    adriennewx Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think temper would have got the best of me if I was in your place. what a horrible thing to say. big hugs. bet he would be mortified if he knew how it had made you feel
  • kamh07
    kamh07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    People don't realize how terrible comments are until it is said back to them. If it happens again, make him read this discussion thread and he will be humiliated. I remind myself all of the time that my words can influence people for the better or worse and which results do I want to be responsible for.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husband is just coming to understand the depth of my issue. The binging used to be once every 3 or 4 months. Now its nightly. That's hard to hide..and work off. 14.6 lbs of weight gain in less than a month. My heart goes out to what you are going through. Hang in there....