Carbquick....

Options
Has anyone eaten carbquick?

I had a carbquick biscuit yesterday, it was DELICIOUS, and only 2 net carbs - but, since it is bread, I'm a little skeptical.

Does anyone know if carbquick is ok to eat - or if it will kick me out of ketosis?

Replies

• sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different in terms of ketosis. Test and see.

Products like carbquick are probably ok in moderation but they don't really help you long te because they're bread so they're reinforcing your preference for stuff like bread. Does that make sense?
  • ChiTownGirl824
    ChiTownGirl824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, that actually does make sense because now I just want dough-y things.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I bought this last week, and have done a few items. So far, ketosis has not been impacted for me. And the taste is good. The cheddar biscuits (recipe on the box) tastes pretty comparable to Red Lobster.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    So I did my ketone blood test this morning. I was down 0.1 from yesterday's reading, but still in ketosis. I had 2 of the Carbquik Cheddar Biscuits yesterday.

For me, Carbquik is a nice occasional treat. I don't think I want to have it as a daily item - but this could be an OK once a week treat, that has little impact on ketosis. If I were at maintenance, I would consider this as a great item to incorporate in vs reverting back to regular carb-laden foods. Definitely, if it's the difference between a non-keto cheat, and using Carbquik - this is a good alternative.

Just my opinion.
  • marjofi
    marjofi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I want to try CARBQUICK but was skeptical on buying it. I think I'll just have to try it for myself and see if it affects my ketosis.
  • ChiTownGirl824
    ChiTownGirl824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have had carbquick donuts and biscuits thus far - and I remained in ketosis - so I think its all clear (at least for me)