Updates: How are you doing?

Options

Replies

• marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Eep we lost a lot from our group! Stay strong!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I actually think this challenge is the thing I needed to get my off my plateau! Thank you! :heart:
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I actually think this challenge is the thing I needed to get my off my plateau! Thank you! :heart:

I KNOW, right?? It kicks your butt and makes you stay accountable, huh?? LOVE IT!!! :heart:
  • StephanieB85
    StephanieB85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Felt myself wavering the last couple days, but it stuck with it! I've been in a blah mood, and I always turn to snacking. Really trying to stick with this though! I've lost several pounds already and that is a huge motivator. Determined to finish out the month and keep going! Even started the squat challenge, which even day 1 is more than I'm used to doing, I usually don't exercise like that. We roller skate or go for walks, or clean house, but I really don't dedicate exercise time, and I need to! I think this will be a good start.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am loving this challenge for keeping me on track! I was over my calories by 200+ today AFTER taking an hour+ walk. So while my family is all watching tv, I am running the stairs to get rid of those extra calories. At first I thought, no big deal because I have more than enough saved from the previous couple of days to cover them. Then I started feeling guilty and thinking about the extra calories that I am going to have tomorrow at a wedding we are attending, so I got off my butt, set the over timer and ran the stairs for 5 sets of 5 minutes. I feel so proud of myself right now. And tomorrow I will just have to dance my butt off to burn the wine I plan on drinking.
    Thank you for holding me accountable!:flowerforyou:
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I was reading one of the comments and someone said you did a good job matching up buddies? Did I miss something?
  • Jillybeanfit
    Jillybeanfit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm doing awesome, finally beat my pleateau in the butt and lost a pound! But I also learned this week I was eating too little calories all along and I really need 400 more a day!
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Doing Great.:happy:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I was reading one of the comments and someone said you did a good job matching up buddies? Did I miss something?

I saw that too...didn't know what it was about though!! :ohwell:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I'm doing awesome, finally beat my pleateau in the butt and lost a pound! But I also learned this week I was eating too little calories all along and I really need 400 more a day!

I have learned sooooo much for these past couple of years!! It's amazing how we live day to day and not realizing ALL the stuff we do to ourselves!! Good for you for figuring this out now and not when it's too late!! :drinker:
  • auntiecorri
    Options
    oops..still learning how to add a quote to my post!
  • auntiecorri
    Options

I am also in the dark about this...Although, JAGreene62, I consider you my "buddy" and I appreciate all your supportive comments!
  • hog_farmers_wife
    hog_farmers_wife Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I thought I missed something too because I didn't understand the buddy thing either.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this challenge! It has taken my motivation to another level and I can't thank you enough for that.

Do you have these challenges every month? If so I am ready to sign up for next month. thumbsup.gif
  • Jagreene62
    Options

I am also in the dark about this...Although, JAGreene62, I consider you my "buddy" and I appreciate all your supportive comments!

Awww that's sweet....THANK YOU!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this challenge. Even on days when I am allowing extra food or a cheat day if you will, I'm very conscious of what I'm eating. Before this challenge, a cheat day meant I had no accountability and didn't think about it and my cheat day calories were probably in the 3000 range. Today I kept it at 2000 calories. Bonus for me. Thanks for starting this challenge :)
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had a day trip to Christchurch today, and am impressed at how well I did!

On the morning flight they offered the choice of a muffin or a cookie time cookie - I managed to decline both!

When I got to Christchurch we went to grab some breakfast. Normally I would get something like Eggs Benedict (2 poached eggs, English muffins, salmon slices and hollandaise sauce), especially if work is paying for it! Today I just had one egg on wholegrain toast (I was planning on having some avocado as well, but the cafe didn't have any).

At the airport while waiting for my flight home, I came so close to buying a giant cheese scone (easily 250+ cal), but instead just had a little banana.

On the late afternoon flight home I normally look forward to 'Koru Hour' - a glass of wine with cheese and crackers, but today I passed up the wine, and had vegetable crisps instead of cheese and crackers (only 50 cal)

I planned ahead yesterday and made a big batch of Turkey Mince Chilli, so it was already to go and I would have time to eat between getting home and my netball game later in the evening.

All in all, I managed to make some very good choices and I'm proud of myself for it :)
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I had a day trip to Christchurch today, and am impressed at how well I did!

On the morning flight they offered the choice of a muffin or a cookie time cookie - I managed to decline both!

When I got to Christchurch we went to grab some breakfast. Normally I would get something like Eggs Benedict (2 poached eggs, English muffins, salmon slices and hollandaise sauce), especially if work is paying for it! Today I just had one egg on wholegrain toast (I was planning on having some avocado as well, but the cafe didn't have any).

At the airport while waiting for my flight home, I came so close to buying a giant cheese scone (easily 250+ cal), but instead just had a little banana.

On the late afternoon flight home I normally look forward to 'Koru Hour' - a glass of wine with cheese and crackers, but today I passed up the wine, and had vegetable crisps instead of cheese and crackers (only 50 cal)

I planned ahead yesterday and made a big batch of Turkey Mince Chilli, so it was already to go and I would have time to eat between getting home and my netball game later in the evening.

All in all, I managed to make some very good choices and I'm proud of myself for it :)

Doesn't feel good when you say, "I think I'm finally getting this new life thing!!" :flowerforyou: CONGRATS!!
  • Jillybeanfit
    Jillybeanfit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! I am finally losing lbs after months being stuck on the same weight!
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I put on a top this morning I haven't worn for a couple of weeks. It's normally quite tight around my hips, today it's much looser!