Starting again

Options
inlovebb
inlovebb Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I started dukan diet today after a 2 month pause. Need some motivation from people on the attack or cruise.

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started dukan diet today after a 2 month pause. Need some motivation from people on the attack or cruise.

Hi there! How's the restart going? I came off it for probably about a year and have gained half a stone. Starting again today!! Did you start from the attack again? I'm sure Dr Dukan says not to but I want to just clear all the crap I've been eating lately! How many days did you do, if you did?
  • melham1
    melham1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hello! I restarted today. I need to lose about 30 lbs....le sigh...BUT I am looking forward to feeling good again :)
    Website says I only need to do 3 days of attack but I think I will do 5.

Looking forward to being inspired by y'all!

7521211.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am in the Attack Phase. Have started last Wednesday and lost 9 lbs. I realised yesterday (not late or anything!!) that I made mistakes though and I ate cheese!!! :noway: I think I got confused with Atkins, uh oh. I went for the lower fat versions but I think other than non-fat cheese no cheese is actually allowed. I had reduced fat feta cheese for a bit of a different taste other than roast chicken most days but I think that is still too high in fat content. I was supposed to finish Attack today after 7 days but I think I will keep going now 'til the end of this week and stay away from cheese completely just to make sure I am setting myself up properly for Cruise Phase.9 lb not too bad though. When I started this it calculated that I should lose 54 lbs.

I have to say though that I am so excited about this. I feel incredibly well... Just amazing.

sisdunbar, I think if I was in your place I would also just do Attack again just like you plan to. Im sure it is best to just get rid of everything and have a fresh start. Good luck!

x
  • melham1
    melham1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    [Hanni, for some reason I feel like the book said reduced fat cheese is ok....Am I wrong? Because if I am......oops.

When I did this diet in 2011 I lost a bunch of weight and I definitely ate reduced fat cheese.

9lbs Hanni! That is so good.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]7521211.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • loendue
    loendue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I started the Dukan diet today and I am going to do the attack phase until saturday. I think its gonna be hard but I can do it if I stay motivated! Was the attack phase the hardest for you as well?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot I am back! Have to wait until the weekend to start attack again since I need to go shopping!

Consolidation is harder than it looks. I had some bad family news so I spent the last week with my head in a cookie bag and a drink in my hand. I'm only human!!! So I gained a few back, but I will not let stress be the excuse that is my undoing!!!

Hardest part of consol was that once I eat bread, I get very hungry. I don't think bread is my friend, I will replace it with beans or nuts as I know I metabolize that better. I just got lost on what to eat, it became so complicated. Oh yah and the freakin holiday cookies lol.
  • learysp
    learysp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to get enough calories in! It takes time to cook the meat so i tend to wander off and not eat anything. I'm sitting here at work trying to find another 400 calories to eat!
  • lis2807
    Options
    Hii! I'm restarting the dukan diet too! This time I'm going until the end! :)
  • bubbaopus
    bubbaopus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started Nov 11th. Up until Christmas Eve, were doing great. Actually made it through Thanksgiving with no increase. Took a two day hiatus... Paid the price. Net loss so far is 29 lbs. We're doing a few days of pure protein to compensate, then back into Cruisin'!
    My wife target is Mid-May, while I get to endure Summer in TX with no beer or BBQ... Goal is to drop 105lbs...
  • bubbaopus
    Options
    Learysp, as the book says, don't focus on the calories, but on the diet.
    If you can, cook several chicken breasts so they are available. Hard boil eggs.
    I buy a monster pork loin roast, clean it up (get rid of the obvious fat), slice it, brine it (lower sodium than a normal brine), then either grill or under the broiler.
    If you're hunger, then you've not taken enough in. Am right there right now. Time for an egg!
    Cheers!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I am on stage 4 and beyond, but am starting year #3. I am very glad I went through all three levels and counted calories and continue to follow the Dukan plan. The big one that I have implemented is NEVER get "seconds"...

Hang in there!
  • bubbaopus
    Options
    The seconds thing is a tough one... We're trying to focus on that as well... I just get a larger cup for H2O