Introduce Yourself!

Options
Hello all - Let's get to know a little more about each other...feel free to only answer the questions you want!

MFP Name: ukredhead 19
DietBet Name: Michelle S.

Start Weight: 188.4
3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.): 182.7
6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 177.1
8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 173.3 **This would be back to my pre-baby weight!
9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 171.4
10% Goal(Mar - April): 169.6

My biggest weakness: Sweets...i love chocolate
My motivation: My kids...my husband is super fit and runs 5 - 10 miles a day, and here I am all overweight and can barely run a mile. I want them to have two healthy parents and be a good role model for them. I want to break some nasty eating habits and focus on eating healthy satisfying foods...and be able to have a piece of pizza occasionally, just not every day!

Anything else interesting.....(i'm pretty boring!)

Replies

• ashanley1
    ashanley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: aclarke2950
    DietBet Name: Amy C

Start Weight: 254
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.):246
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 238
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 233
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 231
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 228

My biggest weakness: Pizza and Ice Cream
    My motivation: I have already achieved many of my fitness goals over the last few years including running a 1/2 marathon. I'll be doing that again on sunday,but I'd like these achievements to be a little easier and less taxing on the joints :) I want to be able to walk into most any store and find something that will fit. I don't want to be obese anymore.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

MFP Name: heykaraoke
    DietBet Name: shanothy

Start weight: 179.4
    3% goal: 174.0
    6%: goal: 168.6
    8% goal: 165.0
    9% goal: 163.3
    10% goal: 161.5

My biggest weakness: Snacking when I'm bored. It's a terrible, terrible habit and it definitely needs to change!

My motivation: Honestly, I just want to feel better about myself. Right now I hate how I look and I hate how I feel. I want to love myself and feel good about myself.
  • spaul3
    Options
    MFP Name: spaul3
    DietBet Name: Shannon L P

Start Weight: 163.6
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.):158.7
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 154.5
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): Too Lazy to do math!
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar):
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 147.2

My biggest weakness: Snacking in general. Oh and beer. I Love Beer.
    My motivation: I am getting married in August and want to knock them dead when I walk out in my wedding dress!
  • donjessop
    Options
    MFP Name: donjessop
    DietBet Name: Donald J

Start Weight: 315.6
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.):306.1
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 296.7
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 290.4
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 287.2
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 284

(Those decimal points really matter to me!)

My biggest weakness: Pizza and chocolate cake
    My motivation: A Type 2 diabetes diagnosis on July 30th started the ball rolling for me. The fear of being dependent upon insulin made me change my life around. I have been soda free since July 30th. I purchased a Fitbit in August and discovered that I averaged 2700 steps per day whereas I am not averaging over 12,000 steps per day. My daughters are teenages and I want to be healthy when my grandchildren show up. I owe it to them and I owe it to myself.
  • Dany1314
    Dany1314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mfp name: dany1314
    Dietbet name: Daniella w
    Weight: I am on the lower spectrum of the scale but I have gained 25 pounds in the last two years due to eating out most days of the week.
    My biggest weakness: is Godiva chocolate cheesecake or any chocolate for that matter. I also suffer from snacking because I'm bored and don't have anything better to do
    My motivation: I just want to feel healthy and not tired all the time
  • Irisblossom81
    Irisblossom81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: irisblossom81
    DietBet Name: Kendra W.

Start Weight: 279.6
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.): 271.3
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 262.8
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 257.2
    9% Goal (Feb-Mar): 254.4
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 251.7

My biggest weakness: Junk food in general.
    My motivation: I'm doing this one for me. I want my kids to see me as healthy and not obese, but mostly this is for me. I want to be happier in my own skin and not turn away from mirrors and cry everytime I have to buy some clothes. I tend to lose some and gain back more. I'm dedicating this time to getting all the way to my goal and I think this baby step is a good way to start. I tend to get discouraged by how far I have to go to reach the big goal and quit. My husband is committing to losing weight with me and we're going to be starting a paleo diet and see how that helps me to curb the junk food desire.
  • rachelkrueger11
    rachelkrueger11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: rachelradschlag
    DietBet Name: Rachel R.

Start Weight: 167.8
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.): 162.8
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 157.8
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 154.8
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 152.8
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 151

My biggest weakness: sweets
    My motivation: I am getting married October 11, 2014 and I really want to be in the best shape of my life for that!

Anything else interesting: This is my 3rd diet bet. I did the Jillian Michael's one not too long ago and just missed my goal so I'm extra motivated for this one. I'm also doing the Broke *kitten* Bride's diet bet which ends in a little over a week!
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! Rachel...i did the Jillian Michael's too, and barely made it...I killed myself that last week! I'm going to be better prepared this time around! I also gained 4lbs back in between these two, so I NEED THE MOTIVATION!

Donald...I had gestational diabetes and my dad and brother both have type II...they say its only a matter of time before I'm diagnosed, but I am going to do everything I can to hold it off with diet and exercise. You are taking a huge step and should be very proud!

Everyone else...i agree I am sick of being so upset about being overweight and feeling so depressed about it...yet I couldn't seem to change it. Well, now I know that its all up to me, and it's time!
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    OH....and if anyone has experience leading a group like this and wants moderator rights let me know...I know nothing about it! This is my first time ;)
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: SailorMoon007
    DietBet Name: SailorMoon007
    Start Weight: Too much
    End Weight: Getting better ;)

My biggest weakness: feeling to good about myself when I start to do well, so I end up falling off the wagon
    My motivation: I have an 8 year old son, and I want to be around for a long time for him, as well as be a good example of health for him. Plus, I love me a little competition ;)

Anything else interesting: I'm starting this dietbet out with a broken pinky. Possibly going on surgery #3 in a month if it doesn't show some massive improvement. How did I break said pinky? In a dodgeball game. This "tiny" injury has set me back on a ton of stuff; like dodgeball, aqua zumba, and burlesquercise. I can not wait to get my physical life back. In the meantime, I'm starting to train for a 5K, a half marathon, and I'm doing some month long challenges, too (sit-ups, push-ups, planks, and wall-sit). I can't wait to get to know all of you awesome people!
  • lization1
    Options
    MFP Name: lization1
    DietBet Name: Liz J.

Start Weight: 174.8
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.):169.6
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 164.3
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 160.8
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 159
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 157.3

My biggest weakness: Picking here and there and baked sweets like cookies, cake etc. Oh, and ice cream.
    My motivation: I've lost count over the years of how many times I've attempted to get to loose weight. I'm 5'8" and have been down to 160 twice over the years. I'm hoping this will be the last time. I'm sick of feeling self conscious and limiting myself with things I do because of it.
    Anything else interesting: I've changed the way I'm eating. Have cut out all flour, wheat, sugar etc. Focusing on healthy carbs, fat and protein. Lots of water. Have been doing for about 3 weeks and feel great. A lot of craving are gone!
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: SD67
    DietBet Name: Sunshinesdad

Journey Start Weight (Sep 19, 2013): 376
    DietBet Start Weight: 350.2
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.): 339.7
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 329.2
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 322.2
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 318.7
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 315.2 (But my personal goal is to be under 300 by this point)

I am a big guy (6' 5 1/2") and after I hit my late 20's (I am 46) I started to add weight and remove physical activity. I have always thought about it but never seemed to have the motivation or determination to do what was needed to lose the weight and change my life.

I was referred to a "Lifestyles" program at my Dr. office and in the first group meeting on Sep 19 2013 I had all my readings done (weight, bmi, body fat %, etc). My BMI was 44 and my weight was 376. The program was explained which was basically to follow the Canada food guide and I was totally depressed afterwards because I was sure that if I did this I would starve. She also handed out food journal pages. A couple of days later I started doing the journals and at first I didn't want to eat junk cause I really didn't want to have to write it down (I still wanted the junk but wouldn't eat it). Then a few days after I started this I completely changed my thinking and I no longer wanted to eat junk cause I truly didn't want to eat it. I also started to crave veggies and fruit.

I lost 17 lbs in the first 2 weeks of doing the food journals. I was then introduced to MyFitnessPal and have been doing this ever since. Currently I am now under 350 and have lost 30 lbs. Good luck to all of us and I know we can all do this!!

Oh, biggest weakness has always been pop and chips! My motivation? Truly I am not sure what "Flipped the Switch" in my brain but I have a 3 year old daughter and I never have the energy to do too much with her. I want to set a good example to my 16 year old son who is almost as tall as me and probably weighs about the same, my daughter, and my wife.

Follow me on my journey at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3PCGZ_c0m91rN7zn75aow . Watch, post comments and subscribe. I will post 2 or 3 Vlogs a week.
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

MFP Name: Laneer75
    DietBet Name: Laura N

Start weight: 244.4
    3% goal: 237.6
    6%: goal: 229.74
    8% goal: 224.85
    9% goal: 222.4
    10% goal: 220.2

My biggest weakness: Chocolate and eating when bored

My motivation: I want to feel better about myself, but I also am in a relationship where we are discussing having a child together someday. If that is going to happen (especially at my age 37, nearly 38) I need to get my BMI much, much lower.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Laneer75, my wife and I had a lot of fertility issues in our life. Took us 8 years for our first (doctors said it probably wouldn't happen), adopted a little boy (he died 8 hours after signing the papers), and then gave up and were satisfied we had all we were going to be given. 2 year later when my wife was 39 we found out she was pregnant with our now 3 year old daughter. She was born when my wife was 40. Keep the faith and getting in shape will definitely help that process as well. That is what we think did it for my wife.
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you SD67. I hear many stories of women having a baby in their late 30s/early 40s - I hope that someday I can count myself in those numbers.
  • donjessop
    Options
    MFP Name: SailorMoon007
    DietBet Name: SailorMoon007

Ah, a fellow Albertan. Good luck with that snow coming in over the next few days.
  • donjessop
    Options
    Sunshinedad/SD67: I know where you are coming from with regard to the junk food. If I don't have a salad every day I feel like I'm missing something. I used to go for the potato chips at a party and now I am trying to find out where the veggie tray is. And as for following the Canada Food Guide, who could live on that minimal amount of food? I was going to starve. I am very happy to say that I was wrong.
  • donjessop
    Options
    My motivation: I want to feel better about myself, but I also am in a relationship where we are discussing having a child together someday. If that is going to happen (especially at my age 37, nearly 38) I need to get my BMI much, much lower.

My wife was 38 when she had our third daughter. We had pretty much given up thinking that we would have a third and then along she came. Three weeks early and 9 lbs 5 oz. Very healthy. You can do it and everyone here will be supporting you.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    MFP Name: ChasingKatie
    DietBet Name: Katie G

Start Weight: 319
    3% Goal (Nov.-Dec.): 309.4
    6% Goal (Dec. - Jan.): 299.8
    8% Goal (Jan. - Feb.): 293.48
    9% Goal (Feb - Mar): 290.2
    10% Goal(Mar - April): 287.1

I'm really hoping to do a super transformation, and keep up with the normal 4% every month. That would bring be down below 250! Feel free to add me here or on dietbet. My pic on there is a trophy.
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    Welcome Katie! Amazing job so far....good luck with this 6 month challenge. Its going to be fun and challenging for sure!