Let's Be Honest

Options
Let's be honest, who all stretches before a workout or even on a day that you don't workout? Stretching is key to doing everything, it is very important and must always be done, for healthy muscles, injury prevention, and also helps muscles grow.

Replies

• 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You know I really do know this however I never do it lol. I'm gonna stretch right now :bigsmile:
  • SandySweats
    SandySweats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I stretch at the end of the workout. My warm up is the treadmill. I will often do light stretching between sets.. I am supposed to do a stretching routine on my off days but I am a slacker. I would love to learn some yoga,,,, but,,,,, :-)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I warm up before exercising, which includes dynamic stretching. I static stretch and foam roll after my runs/playing sports. Static stretch only after weightlifting.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    I do a little stretch after warm up, the odd stretch in between and extensive stretching at the end of workout.
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    Absolutely! Always after, often in the middle of the day at different times, and sometimes before depending on what my workout is and how I'm feeling before I do it.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    im kind of yoga obsessed, so strechin is my numero uno thing in the morning....and evening.

i try to warm up and cool down that way after a workout too, but my morning and evening 15mins are a must :)
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I stretch every day. I take yoga classes 5 to 6 days a week and take Muay Thai twice a week. At the end of every Muay Thai class they make you stay for stretching. Its amazing for the body!!!
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stretch regularly after most of my workouts. In fact four times a week, my coach leads me in stretching after some of my workouts. If I stretch after my workouts, I'm not as sore the next day and my coach can make me work harder. In fact this summer, after 6-7 hour bike rides, I'd have to get into the pool and swim for 15-30 minutes to loosen up my legs...another form of stretching.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    not that often. I did some excersizes yesterday that resulted in hip pain all day from me so instead of working out today I did yoga. I started to do more working out last week and decided to start to stretch out more and start doing yoga again
  • pjammer10
    pjammer10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sadly never. I don't even warm up when I do cardio because I feel like it causes me to be able to not do as much, like it tires me out quicker. I would love to take a yoga class at my gym, but I've never had the nerve to go, and now my son who is 1 is going through separation anxiety and keeps getting kicked out of the daycare gym so I'm having to work my gym workouts around my husbands work schedule :-(
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Because most of my workouts programs actually incorporate it both in the beginning and ending ....I do it but it feels like a chore for me. I do know it helps prevents injury so I do it more out of obligation. Lol
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    For weight lifting it helps prevent injuries. As for cardio im not too sure but one day when I was doing some cardio back in Sept I added in a turn around/ swinging my youngest around and some how screwed up my ankle so I believe it had to do with that but for a cpl of weeks I couldnt do much so stretching it out constantly did help. So never again while im doing cardio im doing anything extra with my kiddo. After wards yea no problem
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I stretch everyday, whether I'm working out or not.
    I always stretch before working out, and having just recently paid the price for not stretching afterwards, I do that now too :)
  • Sheamousemom
    Options
    Never, I barely have time to work out after I finish the chores and get the kid to bed.
  • Zibberroo
    Zibberroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I never stretch before, as there are studies that it may increase the risk of injuries. I have a five minute warm up leading into my routine. I always stretch afterwards though.
  • vero1997
    Options
    I don't take alot of time to stretch before my runs. I haven't had any injuries but I am really sore after my longer runs.