Why are you proud of yourself today?

Options
Saw this on the forums and thought it would make a great addition to our No Binge November motivation.

Tell me anything that made you proud of yourself today.

It doesn't have to be food/weight related. Just once in a while, you need to be proud of yourself!

Replies

• VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Mine is:

Im proud that I stayed in control for breakfast.

Me and my BF went out for coffee this morning and we each had a scone as well. I managed to just eat my scone, enjoy it, and move on, without feeling guilty that I had a 'sweet breakfast' and without the urge to go crazy and ruin my day!
  • PaLanteChica
    Options
    I am proud of myself today because I have managed not to emotionally eat at all this whole week and have been able to stay under my calorie count. Unheard of especially with the defcon 4 stress level week I have had lol

Glad you enjoyed your scone :) Sweets are totally my weakness so I commend you for the control!
  • purplepopsicles
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for going on a long walk today :)
    sweets are my weakness as well
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself today because last night my hubby and I had our date night which was dinner and a movie, I ordered a small entree to share, a small pasta dish which when I felt full I stopped and a Twix bar for in the cinema which we share as well.

Woke up this morning to a very small gain on the scales but much better than the results of our usual dinner and movie nights!
  • burese53
    burese53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I got together with some old friends for lunch today. I had not seen them in a while and really missed them. We had a great time! I overate, but did my best to work it off, by taking the dogs for a long walk tonight.
    P.S. - Great discussion topic! :smile:
  • MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I've moved up in my fitness class to beginner level 3, even though all the moves are impossible and my legs are covered in bruises.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't eaten any junk food at work, a real problem for me lately. I also brought a different snack today (carrots and tomatoes -- because I ran out of apples, my usual snack). I think the different snack appeals to me as a treat. I probably need to vary my snacks all the time to keep myself from being bored with them.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    writing down goals for the month instead of just thinking "i wish i could" or "i should".
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that even tho I had a binge last night, I didn't let it DEFINE my day today.

If I could even keep my few binges to one day or a night everynow and then, I'd be much happier. I usually let them drag me down for at least 3 whole days of binge eating.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Tonight my mom and my friend went to see the movie Last Vagas and my mom and friend were gonna have big buckets of popcorn, so I asked them to go to a resturant so we could eat a good dinner and I did, so I didn't have any popcorn. I'm proud of my control and not caving in and getting any!
    I even walked after we got home! GO ME!! :)
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Proud I got my *kitten* out of bed at 6:45am this morning to hit the gym.

It even snowed on the way back..

ROAR!!
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not a lot today. I drank 5!!! Palm Bay coolers last night. And had some munchies. Regretting it today and need to get back on track.

Great work VanillaBean for hitting the gym so early.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of me... yesterday diet wise was no good. My son was sick so I took the day off work to care for him. Ate breakfast and snack one, then lunch I drank a can of rockets for a pick me up... then we ended up at the hospital because 40 degree heat plus vomiting and not being able to keep any liquids down isn't cool... so missed afternoon snack... whole time thinking at the hospital how much I would love kfc, and really wanted fries mmmmm ????fries????. My partner has been working in the mines underground all day and I knew he would be hungry when he got home... I'm proud of me, because instead of stopping in and getting KFC???? I went to Coles, bought eggs, asparagus, zucchini and stopped in at the chocolate isle for a kitkat.... I'm so proud of me because I didn't buy any chocolate! (because what I wanted wasnt on sale but shh doesn't matter) went home and cooked 150g steak with veggies and fresh asparagus with a poached egg... I'm so proud of me because I was only over my calories by 6 which is nothing, and I didn't give into my cravings. I'm so proud of me and wanted to share my poor grammar with you too ???? ???? ????
  • I am proud that I got up and worked out before work this morning! Now to stay on track and not over-eat today!