Start Dates/Rest Days

Options
When did you start Insanity?

Which day of the week is your rest day?

I started on Saturday, November 9th. My rest day is Friday, because Friday rush hour traffic is always the worst so I get home really late and just want to sit down and rest.

Replies

• Dae96
    Dae96 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started Insanity Saturday (Nov. 9) too! I don't really have a rest day... I mean if something happens I won't be able to workout obviously! But I don't have a set date. :p
  • jenn6832
    Options
    I've just ordered Insanity, will hopefully arrive by the weekend so I can start asap! I think I'm gonna make Sunday my rest day. I'm really excited to start :D bring it onnn..

will probably regret saying that a few days in mind you.. :laugh:
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I also started Saturday. I guess my rest day will be Friday because that would complete week 1 according to schedule. Fridays I'm usually tired from the earlier week workout so that's considered my lazy day!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me. Just completed plyo workout and burnt 423cals. I see a lot of ppl burn twice that amount ... What are your numbers like?
  • llc7511
    llc7511 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting @ 5am tomorrow morning!!! My rest day should be Mondays according to schedule, but teaching full time & a part-time job I'm not sure when the best day will be. Can't wait to start!! Hope I don't fall asleep teaching or on the 30 mile drive home!! Lol
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started Oct 21. can I still join? :bigsmile:
  • poma91
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me. Just completed plyo workout and burnt 423cals. I see a lot of ppl burn twice that amount ... What are your numbers like?

It depends on your weight, height, age and gender AND how hard you push, how many breaks you have, etc. etc.

I am 22, 5'4" 143lbs and I burn around the same amount
  • emilychris13
    emilychris13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Poma91- Absolutely you can join! Glad to have you :)
  • poma91
    Options
    Awesomeee! :D I am so excited but I dread month 2 haha :D
  • AlbertaBunny
    Options

It depends on your weight, height, age and gender AND how hard you push, how many breaks you have, etc. etc.

I've done Insanity with a heart rate monitor and usually read between 450 and 600 - depending on the workout. I'm 5'1 and 135. Hope that helps!
  • mrlang
    Options
    I started November 4th. I am not following the schedule every single day, but I am doing the workouts in the order as the calendar states. I am on day 5 after 7 days into it, so not too far off! I just completed T25 including Gamma so this is not as bad as I thought! Definitely glad I built up some endurance & strength first ;) Good luck all!
  • mrlang
    Options
    I
  • mrlang
    Options

I've done Insanity with a heart rate monitor and usually read between 450 and 600 - depending on the workout. I'm 5'1 and 135. Hope that helps!

I am 33, 5'4", 168# and I burn around 360 calories. I wear a HRM to have more accurate results. MFP is always too high for me when they try to calculate cals :(
  • AMSVET1986
    AMSVET1986 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started Oct.28th and am on day 16 so far. Have noted a big improvement in cardio so far. You don't hurt as much after the first week, keeping my rest day on Thursday for now :) Is everyone taking before and after pics?
  • amiluca1
    amiluca1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on the 30/10. Im on Day 16. Your stats are quite similar to mine - im 26, 5'3 137lbs. But ive gone up from 133 to 137 since starting but my body looks better.
  • maasha81
    Options

I am 33, 5'4", 168# and I burn around 360 calories. I wear a HRM to have more accurate results. MFP is always too high for me when they try to calculate cals :(

Thanks all ... I do use a polar hrm when I work out. I am 32, 5'4" at 117lbs
  • fsayer
    Options
    I started Insanity 3 days ago and my knees hurt :( but I am going to keep going! I am excited to see results. I plan to measure every week and more importantly work on a healthier diet.
  • alesao1
    Options
    I started insanity yesterday! taht would make saturday my rest day. Looking forward to great results. I don't know how many calories i burnt, because i don't have those HRM watches or anything.
  • jan968
    Options
    Today was day 16 for me. Plyometrics today and feeling awesome.
  • maasha81
    Options
    I started Insanity 3 days ago and my knees hurt :( but I am going to keep going! I am excited to see results. I plan to measure every week and more importantly work on a healthier diet.

Make sure your form is correct and you're wearing proper shoes. If you are working out on a hard surface, use a mat. Knee injury can be so painful. Good luck