Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Diet/Calories

Just wondering if you guys are following the diet plan too or just focusing on calories and eating enough protein? I've never stuck to a set diet plan before just because I'm quite a fussy eater but obviously the results from Insanity are so much better if you stick to the diet!

Replies

• emilychris13
    emilychris13 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm not doing the Insanity diet plan. I'm just continuing to maintain my usual calorie counting, but trying to up my protein intake and being sure I plam my meals around when I'm working out... so I don't end up week or hungry in the middle of a workout.

I'm glad you're joining us and starting Insanity this month! Get ready for your muscles to hate you :)
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    I'm not doing the Insanity diet plan. I'm just continuing to maintain my usual calorie counting, but trying to up my protein intake and being sure I plam my meals around when I'm working out... so I don't end up week or hungry in the middle of a workout.

I'm glad you're joining us and starting Insanity this month! Get ready for your muscles to hate you :)

Ditto!!!!
  • llc7511
    llc7511 Posts: 7 Member
    How do you calculate calories burned on an Insanity workout? I need to keep track so I know how much more protein to add.
  • emilychris13
    emilychris13 Posts: 14 Member
    The best way to do it is with a Heart Rate Monitor that you can wear during your workout. I haven't invested in one yet, but I really want to. Right now, I've just googled what people typically burn through insanity and I'm estimating based on that.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    I don't follow the nutrition guide because
    1. I am on a budget and living in Germany I cannot find some ingredients easily, so the meals proposed there are kind of fancy for me :bigsmile:
    2. Based on the formula I have to eat 1800 calories a day and up that to 2000 in the second month so for me that is waay too much. I eat in deficit while trying to up my protein intake and each week I assess for myself if the calories that I take are enough - like if I am hungry, exhausted, am I sleepy or sleep more than normal. Based on that I change my calorie intake.
  • amiluca1
    amiluca1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Everyone. Im in week3, day 16 of insanity. Im not followinf the diet plan because i can't be that organised. And also, I'm generally a very low carb, higher protein person, so Im sticking to that. Ive only just started my fitnesspal and wish i had done it sooner, because since starting Insanity ive put on 2kilos!! I started it at 60.5, and now im 62.5 !! My goal was 55k. So im going to watch my cals intake here on myfitnesspal and see where im going wrong, or if its muscle gain. I dont care if its muscle gain, although its really hard to get the curse of the scale out of my head, as long as my body appears smaller and more toned, I can deal with muscle gain. But as a girl, slim is what I was aiming for!!
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Hi Everyone. Im in week3, day 16 of insanity. Im not followinf the diet plan because i can't be that organised. And also, I'm generally a very low carb, higher protein person, so Im sticking to that. Ive only just started my fitnesspal and wish i had done it sooner, because since starting Insanity ive put on 2kilos!! I started it at 60.5, and now im 62.5 !! My goal was 55k. So im going to watch my cals intake here on myfitnesspal and see where im going wrong, or if its muscle gain. I dont care if its muscle gain, although its really hard to get the curse of the scale out of my head, as long as my body appears smaller and more toned, I can deal with muscle gain. But as a girl, slim is what I was aiming for!!

You are doing nothing wrong, and low carb high protein diet actually is the way to go (don't forget the calorie deficit) I kind of explained why people put on weight in the first month in the other thread in the group. I had the same problem and I googled it very profoundly. I also have watched Q&A with Shaun T online and the problem of not losing weight on insanity in the first month also came up. Here is what I wrote in the other thread:
    This is totally normal, actually expect to lose almost nothing in the first month. Since this is very intensive program during the first month the muscles store glycogen (which is used as fuel for the muscles) till they adjust to the intensity. One molecule of glycogen retains 3 molecules of water. So even if you don't drop on the scale that is probably because you are retaining water. Follow your measurements with tape - this will give you more accurate results.