Poll: How do you label yourself?

Options

Replies

• UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ... not feeling like a man so much as feeling like you don't fit the societal standards. I don't know, what do you guys think?

It sounds to me that you're not bad at being a girl, just bad at conforming to society's stereotypes of what it means to be a girl, and that's not a bad thing at all. :-)
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    @squidvonbob - i'm 100% female that very much enjoys gender bender clothing. I personally think i look shmexy in mens clothing, shoes, ties, button downs, belts, pants, suspenders etc. etc. Your sex is 1 thing but your gender wavers. It doesnt really matter! I also love wearing dressing and heels occasionally (very occasionally) the gf loves me wearing my mens and womens clothes. You have figure out what you're comfortable with and be confident about who you are and accept that you might change over time too!
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i identify as a lesbian woman but i have a strong attraction towards masculine and male-identified female-bodied people. so when my partner passes as a male, i identify as queer, but when she passes as a female, i identify as lesbian. she's androgynous and i'm fluid like that.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm pansexual, though I do often label myself as 'bisexual' outside the LGBT community. I'm attracted to people across the gender spectrum and really have no preference for one gender presentation/identification over another.

I'm a cis-gendered woman. I don't particularly identify as femme, though I suppose I do present that way both in terms of my clothing and my body shape.

I'm polyamorous. I'm currently dating someone, but am open to other relationships as well.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Sexuality: queer
    Romantic orientation: queer

I don't like labels very much so when people ask I just use queer.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, that's a bit of a tough one for me because I'm not super sure myself.
    I'd say Bi, maybe 55% lesbian 45% straight.

As for gender I have a serious question.
    I am a girl. I was born a girl and have always felt I'm a girl. But I'm also a very bad at being a girl. I wear t-shirts and jeans and am awful at putting on makeup, but I have long hair and I'm short and shy and like cute clothing but look bad in it. I see people saying stuff like, "well I'm a tomboy, so I guess I'm 80% female". AND THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TO CALL ANYONE OUT OR UPSET ANYONE, but that doesn't seem like gender identity at all. It's not feeling like a man so much as feeling like you don't fit the societal standards. I don't know, what do you guys think?

I agree about societal standards. That's why I don't identify as femme. I don't wear make-up, jewelry, heels, or do my nails. My clothes aren't very femme, though not very butch either (I do like showing off my curves). Society's definition of feminine is narrow and doesn't fit plenty of women.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    100% Femme Woman, Lesbian, but i dont come off even being gay at all until someone sees me with my fiance' :)
  • dj0jazzy
    dj0jazzy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a femme lesbian unless you ask my girlfriend she always says I'm straight
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Queer. Dapper. Nerd.
  • mcgriddlezzz
    Options
    I'd describe myself as a femme cis-gendered queer woman. I'm almost always attracted to female-identified persons, but every now and then I'm attracted to male-identified persons. My attraction shows no gender boundaries, although I'm generally not that attracted to hetero cis-gendered men.
  • noah_mac
    noah_mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    With a label maker of course... :wink:
  • mustapekka
    Options
    gosh, i find it so difficult to label myself! in my own mind i probably think of myself as 80-90 % lesbian and 10-20 % straight. i've only ever had serious relationships with women though, and that's how i think it'll stay. but i try to keep an open mind! i usually tell people i'm 100% gay though - 'cause it's much easier that way. and simpler for them to understand :)

i identify as a woman, but i'd probably be equally happy as a man. i like to wear make-up, dresses, nail polish ect. but i do also feel in touch and comfortable with my masculine side. i don't mind getting my hands dirty if i have to! :)

i've always liked women on the more feminine side (not excessively girly-girl though, they need to have some umph in them:)).
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    im %100 female... 95%lesbain and 5% bi

im single and waiting
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lesbian woman.

look butch...act bLtch.

I am all woman.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Lesbian, female, and neither femme nor butch, at least not stereotypically. More of the "chapstick lesbian" variety :) My partner and I both have dominant personalities but she is dom in our relationship, which I guess makes me submissive lol. We don't really draw lines though- we do what works for us.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The labels I use for my sexual orientation are queer, lesbian and gay
    Gender wise I identify as female, my definitions of gender are very broad so this doesn't say anything much about how I "perform" my gender.
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lesbian, female, and neither femme nor butch, at least not stereotypically. More of the "chapstick lesbian" variety :) My partner and I both have dominant personalities but she is dom in our relationship, which I guess makes me submissive lol. We don't really draw lines though- we do what works for us.

I LOVE "chapstick lesbian" !!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Me too! And it's so true lol my partner and I have chapsticks stashed all over our home, car, backpacks, etc.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im a lesbian fem very girly... my girlfried is a dominant stud and im submissive to her... we do use labels and we each have roles that we go by and it works for us...
  • LeighRaeW
    LeighRaeW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a pansexual, not particularly feminine female. I tend to prefer people who are a mix of masculine and feminine traits. I'm not generally attracted to overly manly men or very feminine women. I find androgyny particularly beautiful.