Lexington, KY

Options
kristen6022
kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
The man and I are heading to his family for Thanksgiving, by way of Lexington, KY. Anyone have any hidden gems they know of? We'll only be there for an evening (Monday) and would be looking for brew pubs, wine bars, and good food.

Replies

• Al_Ann_momma
    Al_Ann_momma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I tried to go to the Kentucky Bourbon Ale brewery (I think that is the name of it) a couple years ago. It was closed when we arrived. We did The Bourbon Trail and decided to stop there since we were in the area. It is a very small place. We do frequent Kentucky (around the Louisville area). I do know of a few places in that area but I am for some reason having a brain fart and I can't think of the names to any of the places. I am headed down that way this weekend, so I will get my ducks in a row and let you know. I'm thinking that Louisville maybe a bit of a drive from Lexington. Not sure I was much of a help :drinker:
  • kristen6022
    Options
    The shortest route from Columbus, OH to Spring City, TN is through Lexington. Louisville adds an hour. We might go back the Louisville route depending on when we leave his parent's house. We'll have our dog with us that HATES the car, so I'm thinking the shortest route with the least amount of diverting would help. In my research, there doesn't seem to be many cool places in Lexington, beer wise and typically the BF and I base our vacations around food, beer and wine! I was kind hopin' someone lived there and had some favorite haunts. But thanks for your response!
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The Village Idiot
    307 W Short St

Marikka's
    411 Southland Dr --> German place

Henry Clay's Public House
    112 N Upper St

Check out the websites/reviews of those places and see if they seem like what you're looking for. I'm partial to Marikka's because I LOVE German restaurants. =D
  • kristen6022
    Options
    The Village Idiot
    307 W Short St

Marikka's
    411 Southland Dr --> German place

Henry Clay's Public House
    112 N Upper St

Check out the websites/reviews of those places and see if they seem like what you're looking for. I'm partial to Marikka's because I LOVE German restaurants. =D

I have all 3 of those written down. They all had good food/beer choices (even though German food isn't one of my favorites). I also have Lexington BeerWorks, Arcadium (the BF loves arcades), Table Ten Three (I like wine), and a few others. I think the Villiage Idiot is something we will both like. I also want to hit up West Third Brewing and Country Boy Brewing (seem like 2 breweries we have here in Columbus, small , food trucks, just a tasting room).

I'm kinda hoping we find enough that we want to spend another night there on the way back to avoid 7hrs straight in the car and a side trip to Louisville.

Thanks so much for responding!