Doctor's Appointment in the morning

Options
mzhrrs13
mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
Ok, dreading my doctor's appointment in the morning. When I was first diagnosed, my A1C level was at 11.8%. Three months ago, it was at 7.5%. It is coming down, but I fear that it has not come down enough. My highest blood glucose level was at 215 and that was two years ago when I was diagnosed and in June of this year when I over indulged at Wet Willy's :ohwell: To make a long story short, the day after my over indulging, my body was too weak to even function. From South Carolina all the way to Georgia, I could do nothing but sleep --- NOT GOOD!! That was my wake up call to get serious about my diabetes. Since then, I have lost a total of 15 pounds, gained 3 of those pounds back by slacking and now I am afraid of what the scale will reveal and what my A1C results will reveal on my next 3 month visit.....

Replies

• fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • celestep2k1
    celestep2k1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. Tomorrow is another day...a fresh start with your new number in hand, no matter what it is. Please keep me posted and add me as a friend if you like. None of this is easy, but it can be less difficult when you have people who understand what you're going through, to lean on when you need it and offer a stiff kick in the rear when you need that too. ~ All my best, Celeste
  • mzhrrs13
    mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I think that I will be alright. My mishap was in June and I had my A1C done in August. I started back logging my diet and exercise routine right after the over indulgence!! I was on track until September. I just need to learn to be consistent in all that I do.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow. I know that when I get a good report, sometimes I slack off...but I'm really working hard to make sure I don't fall into that trap again. It sounds like you have figured out that consistency is the key, and that's a good thing. Congratulations on your weight loss and keep working on it because it will only make you healthier in all ways, but especially with the diabetes. Let us know how you do!!!