Cheat Day? No Cheat Day?

Options
I am so confused with cheat day. I will either let my cheat day last 3 days or cheat a little every day. I am just starting my weight loss journey. Should I completely cut out bad sugars for a certain period of time so that my body will get used to not eating these bad foods?

Replies

• Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Since you are just starting out perhaps try cutting it out so that your body can adjust to your new lifestyle. If you have cheat days, you're not really changing any behaviours, and I find that some people overdo it on the day they set aside to eat whatever and just binge. It becomes a free-for-all day. For me, I just cut it out completely. After some time, like a couple of weeks, your body will react with feeling like crap, sluggish, mental fog, and maybe even tummy upset when you DO reintroduce processed junk. When you are so used to eating processed sugary food, you have no idea how GOOD your body can feel and how energized you are with eating clean healthy food, until the day you eat it again.
  • jobi1kanoobi
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. I allow myself the odd treat but always do additional exercise to make up for it either before or afterwards. If you want to be successful in losing weight you need to understand the implications of eating certain foods. You need to think of it more as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, so don't starve yourself or deny yourself but find a healthier alternative that you like.
  • Sheamousemom
    Options
    I do cheat evenings once a week if my exercise goals are up to date. and I am finding I don't want to go that nuts because it not worth it.. Also if there is a major holiday etc...For example Thanksgiving the diet is going out the window or 24 hours--that will be the cheat day. As I said before I am finding it to be self limiting at this point anyway, I just find it worth it. But I am giving myself permission not to log or worry about it for a day.I will be exercising though. After 3 weeks, I can't imagine a day without a walk in it, it would feel weird and wrong. .
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I used to have cheat days during weekends but I don't do it anymore because I noticed that I gain back all the weight I lost during the week and I feel that all my hard work will go to waste if I gorge myself. Sometimes they cravings kick in but I opt for WeightWatchers desserts which are low in calorie. However, I love having a piece of chocolate cake after dinner only on Sundays or if there's a special occasion like Christmas then I will eat to my heart content lol

But once again I don't have any cheat days and I'm quite happy with that coz I don't like waking up the next morning to see that I've put 2-3lbs in just one day of bingeing.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I incorporate a cheat meal into my cals every now and again but it doesn't feel like a chest since I catered for it. Sometimes I want that decadent dessert with a couple glasses of wine ...so I have it but ensure I eat really healthy during the day or even all week.

I use to have cheat meals on wkds but it didn't make sense as it defeated all my hard work during the week
  • fsayer
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! So far I have been pretty good without the need of JUNK. I have cut back on my carbohydrates :)
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ah yes! I recently learned to cut out the cheat meals completely for now. I would too have cheat days and once that happened I would gain weight and lose focus. This time around I'm sticking to the game plan and listening to my body. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Cheat days for me turn ugly really fast. A small treat once a week maybe. But I usually dont.