how do you log "weird" foods in your diary?

Options
lebowski8
lebowski8 Posts: 55 Member
So, how do you log "weird" foods in your diary?

I ask because I often eat at independent restaurants that, unlike chains, don't have nutrition facts available for their foods. Since of done LC before, I can reasonably guess what is acceptable and what isn't.

Last night, for example, I ate Belgian endive salad (goat cheese, caramelized pecans, pear, red peppers, apple-cider vinaigrette). And also Beer cheese (raspberry lambic, aged Cheddar, smoked Gouda, Gruyère) in an unknown quantity (1/2 cup??) and unknown preparation (was it made with a roux? or cream?). I considered Bouillabaisse ostendaise (mahi, tuna, cod, shrimp, mussels, saffron, rouille, grilled baguette)... hold the baguette. But I decided not.

I had a house made soup that to my best approximation was a chicken vegetable, but without as much potato as what you'd get in a can.

Anyway, I've checked the keto stix last night and all day today and I never went out of ketosis. :) So that's good!

However, Last weekend, my guesses about carb content were wrong and I was out of ketosis for 3 days :(

But really, I can only guess as the nutritional content. And that's what I've been doing, guessing.

Anybody? how do you log "weird" foods in your diary?

Replies

• Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, without additional MFP programme downloads, you can only "quick add" calories, not carbs, protein, fat or fibre. If there IS a way, I'd like to know it too!!!
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just do the best I can and try and recreate the recipes in the system
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You could just add all the foods separately to your diary, a bit more work but at least you get everything in or out, so I do it as well most of the times... as for the amounts I guess a bit, I never work with cups, grams or so, but I think it's more accurate then what is mentioned in the food sources, which differ too much anyway to my opinion.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Stuff like this messes me up too, and I usually don't add it to my diary. If I know what was in the food and how much I will try, but usually Im too lazy or I forget.
    Sorry I'm no help!!