Continuing to gain weight??? Can you please help?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will do my best to hit those macros. I asked my doc and his dietitian again, and I really shouldn't have any special requirements, except, as usual, water and hydration. So, thank you so much for responding and trying to help me. I certainly understand your hesitation- it's an unusual condition/situation.

If my gut reacts to the protein load, I may have to increase gradually until I get used to it, but that is it and I will know that pretty quickly. I am a few years out from surgery and have a pretty good handle on it. I do think when I get ill (have periods of GI dysfunction caused by stress, illnesses or whatever), that my metabolic systems have been trained to be stingy and hold fat, but that is a "feeling" based on difficulty I've had with fat loss and not science, at all.

So…should I continue my lifting-dominated routine for now? I prefer that, but am not opposed to adding bits of cardio.

Keep your activity levels as is. We can keep cardio 'in the back pocket' for when/if we need to nudge the weight loss along.
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you and a BIG CONGRATS, by the way!! You are awesome. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thank you and a BIG CONGRATS, by the way!! You are awesome. :)

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have been forced into a break by a variety of circumstances. I, of course, gained 3 pounds on this break. But, I hope to be back to my usual state of health next week and will re-start this plan as recommended. Yikes and sigh.

Hope you are well.