Looking for gay male MFP weightloss pals

Options

Replies

• ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    9vcgwg.jpg

Nick here, been away awhile but back now refocused, re-determined and looking for more friends.

Would be especially great to hear from more Brits who'd like to meet up on a Saturday or Sunday for long walks around London or maybe out in the Kent\Surrey countryside?
  • mikejsky
    mikejsky Posts: 4
    Options
    Hehe, this questionnaire looks like fun and a good way to break the ice.

1. Where were you born?
    Vancouver, BC - Yay Canada!

2. Where do you live at the moment?
    Vancouver, BC

3. Where else have you lived?
    No where, although I like going on vacation haha :)

4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation?
    I was a business analyst for five years, but recently have gone back to university for a bachelors and masters in physical geography. My dream job: Environmental Risk/impact Analyst

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself

1. I am a complete geek... to put this in perspective, I'm currently running a D&D campaign (oh god, it's like coming out all over again :P)

2. I love kayaking.

3. I am a huge fan of cheesy 80s/90s horror movies, and my poor husband is often forced to watch them with me.

4. My guilty pleasure is old episodes of King of the Hill >.< I have no idea why I find it so comforting, but I do.

5. As I write this, there is a stuffed Cthulhu plushy sitting on my desk :)
  • OsiViper
    OsiViper Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I could also use some more friends to help keep me motivated;

1. Where were you born?

Durango, CO

Albuquerque, NM

Durango, CO
    Farmington, NM
    Albuquerque, NM

Currently I am a student in Culinary School. I would like to work as the Head/Sous Chef at a big hotel restaurant such as Marriott doing all sorts of Banquets, Parties, Weddings, Etc.

-- 1. I'm currently getting my 2nd Associates Degree. My 1st was in Nursing (RN)
    -- 2. I'm A Brony
    -- 3. I like Photography
    -- 4. Like Mountain Biking
    -- 5. Recently Single after being with someone for 7 years :(
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Although I've been on MFP for quite a few months, I've only started posting on the forums in the last week or two. I guess I should have figured there would be a forum for the LGBT community. So I'd love to join in too. I like the survey to break the ice too. So here goes nothing:

1. Where were you born?

Bethesda, Maryland

Richmond, VA

Hartford, CT (but just for college)

I'm a computer programmer and have been in the same job, same company for the last 28 years. I guess my dream occupation would be a retired powerball winner. :)

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :)

1. I guess like so many guys my age, although I've known I was gay since I was 8 or 9, because of societal and familial pressure, I was married, and didn't come out of the closet until about 2-1/2 years ago at the ripe old age of 55.

2. Six months after coming out, I met my partner and we are excessively happy and know we'll be together until one of us kicks off this mortal coil.

3. I have a congenital form of arthritis. My parents coddled me excessively as a child, which only made it worse. Physical activity would have helped, not hurt. We know that now. So 9 years ago, I had both hips replaced. And last September I had one knee replaced.

4. Although I've been going to the gym and had a personal trainer (who was the first friend I ever came out to), I was limited in what I could do because of the deteriorating knee. Once it was replaced, I have kicked it into high gear, and since January I have been kicking *kitten*. I am now looking better, feeling better, moving better, than I ever have in my entire life.

5. No one at the gym (besides my trainer) suspects that I'm gay. They haven't even caught on when I stand and salute anytime that Rihanna's S&M starts playing. lol.

I've worked with a registered dietician to get things going, I've been with my trainer for 3 years, obviously i've been through the medical grindstone, I've read and consumed everything I can on what works, what doesn't work, so if I can help anyone or support anyone, let me know.

I'm open to any and all friend requests from the community. We all need to support each other, don't we?

But please, do we have to have an ad for Regent University on the top of the page for the LGBT message board? Really?
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born?

Cumberland, MD

Hokkaido, Japan

Lexington, VA (college)

Currently an assistant English teacher. Will be moving (back) to my dream job of running my own business next month! Excited!

I love retro video games, David Lynch, Michel Gondry, Japanese stuff, and bourbon (part of the reason I'm here, sadly).

Looking for more friends, so please add me!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    The ads on MFP use your browser history (and possibly location) to show something someone somewhere thinks will be relevant to you, leebesstoad. I've never seen Regent University. I'd guess it came up for you because you're relatively close to Virginia Beach.

Here's the ad I had at the top of the page when I read your post!

4395d390-24f6-488a-a388-d2abe8b25ae5_zps7ae05bde.jpg

Apparently, based on my browser history, I'm a lipstick lesbian looking to win a Miami lovefest!
  • dekutree
    dekutree Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey! Fairly new here, just starting my sixth week. Feel free to add me :)

1. Where were you born? Oxford, UK.

2. Where do you live at the moment? Oxford, UK.

3. Where else have you lived? London, UK.

4a. What is your current occupation? Self-employed musician and editor.
    4b.What is your dream occupation? Full-time composer.

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself. (1) I'm a pianist. (2) I love to cook. (3) I would like to travel more. (4) I have an awesome siamese cat. (5) I'm a total board game geek.
  • OhWejo
    OhWejo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm here as well! Feel free to add me! I am always looking for new friends! Also feel free to join my group, ServingUpRealness. This group is where we meet once a week, on Monday's and post about how we are doing with our goals,...it is a way of being accountable. The group is also for support. I have lost quite a bit of weight and would like to help anyone who has any questions...and who knows I'll probably have some too! So happy to meet you all!

Wejo
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more friends on MFP.

Feel free to add me :)
  • SanDiegoJohn
    SanDiegoJohn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Seems like a fun topic, and the questions are an easy way to intro myself. So... here goes.

1. Where were you born? Miami, Florida

2. Where do you live at the moment? San Diego, California

3. Where else have you lived? Florida, Hawaii, Korea, Germany (Marine Corps duty stations)

4a. What is your current occupation? Operations Manager

4b.What is your dream occupation? Motivational Speaker/Author

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself.

(1) I have gone from Couch Potato to athlete. Since February 2011, I have run multiple 5K and 10K events, Tough Mudder, Super Spartan, seven 200+ mile relay races, 19 half marathons and 5 full marathons.

(2) I'm featured in a documentary called, "From Fat To Finish Line." (http://www.fattofinish.com)

(3) I laugh. A lot. I am nearly always in a really great mood. (It's annoying to some people.)

(4) My husband and I fell in love at first sight and have been together over sixteen years.

(5) I'm a guilty-pleasure Sci Fi guy. I love Doctor Who, Torchwood, Eureka, Primeval, Being Human, etc.

And to the title of the thread, yep, I'm happy to make new weight loss pals here at MFP. Who doesn't enjoy giving and getting encouragement and support?

John
    http://runner12.com
  • amorales5931
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Bronx, NY

2. Where do you live at the moment? Indianapolis, IN (I know, I know ...)

3. Where else have you lived? Washington, DC

4a. What is your current occupation? Continuing Ed

4b.What is your dream occupation? I'd like to own a bunch of multi-unit properties and just collect the rent!

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself.

a) I'm divorced
    b) I have two kids - boy and girl
    c) I must cruise through the panama canal someday
    d) Also - rafting the colorado through the grand canyon
    e) If I could earn an Ed.D for free, I'd do it in a heartbeat! (but it's too expensive)
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    =-)
  • CSG929
    Options
    I was just a guest on the weight loss podcast Tips of the Scale. I believe I may be the first openly gay male guest on the show, so please feel free to check out the link below.

http://tipsofthescale.com/0031-collin-gehl-from-buffalo-new-york-m36/
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, Collin! Thanks for the link and thanks for doing the show.
  • MrfreddieV
    Options
    I have been wondering where all the guys are as well.
    Searching the list #1 there are way more gay woman( love and respect you)in the group list. #2 most of the guys on the lists have no intro. I am pretty new to the MFP and am hoping to meet a few like minded guys as well.
  • MrfreddieV
    Options
    P.S. I live in the town of Hope BC Canada
  • rmccooty
    rmccooty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Based in Berlin, British guy looking for friend for motivation to lose weight and get fit n healthy in 2014, who with me? Help each other. Guys from all around the world (Berliners obviously welcome).

Any experienced MFP members here with tips? Let me know what helped you.

Thanx

Rohan
  • nygr8guy
    nygr8guy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? New York, NY

2. Where do you live at the moment? Stamford, CT

3. Where else have you lived? Brooklyn, NY, Bayside, NY, Scarsdale, NY, Hartsdale, NY

4. What is your current occupation? Business Support Manager

5.What is your dream occupation? Technologist
    6. Tell us any 5 things about yourself.

(1) I enjoy life! Life is good, sometimes I wish I had more time to enjoy it.

(2) I survived a plane crash where 56 people lost their lives.

(3) I love to meet new people. Although I have many acquaintances, I have just a few friends.

(4) I met my husband almost 14 year years ago. We went on a "coffee" date and wound up staying 8 hours. From then on it was love.

(5) I love dogs. We have 2 Shelties Baxter & Teddy. They are our sons who never grow up.

I would love to meet new MFP friends and get my weight under control. Feel free to friend me!
  • MrfreddieV
    Options
    Not sure where I fit in the bear otter ect. But I am here as well.
    I live in The town of Hope BC Canada. I do not get out as much as i should but as i am caring for my Mom I make the best of it.
    Not that there is any regret just 24/7 I am home. My poor moms has been very fragile these few last mouths.
  • Cherkiz
    Options
    count me in as well!!!! getting back in to grove after heart issues last year. losing weight on a beta blocker is a lot tougher....

1. Where were you born?

Chicago, IL

Milwaukee WI

Bogota Colombia,
    Panama City, Panama
    Poznan, Poland
    Milwaukee, WI
    Moscow, Russia
    St Petersburg, Russia
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Washington, DC
    Philadelphia, PA
    Chicago, IL
    Helsinki, Finland
    Grinnell, IA
    Westchester, NY

Retired early at 48, after living overseas for 20 years..... taking some time off then will find something to fill my time...

5. :tongue: Tell us any 5 things about yourself

Worked in Beer industry for 20 yrs
    Fluent Russian, ok Polish and Spanish
    Love Traveling, and have LOTS of miles to use
    Retired with my husband and my little dog, Paul
    Had a heart arrhythmia that was treated last year, but gained 20 pound... find losing weight on heart meds and at 49 challenging