'Diet Foods' - Available in Australia

Options

Replies

• Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    My "stable" of convenience diet foods are:

Chobani yoghurts (protein to keep me feeling full for longer and less than 200 cals)
    YoPlait Forme No Fat No Added Sugar yoghurts
    Multigrain Corn Thins - at only 47 calories for 2 pieces. They are like eating popcorn :)
    Up & Go Protein Drinks - great for breakfast. 200 cals.
    John West Tuna & 3 Beans - great for lunch! Omega 3 source and Protein at just over 300 cals.
    Frozen Meals (Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine) for convenience and low calories
    Packaged Asian salad with some crunchy noodles.
    Small cans of tuna (90g) - loving the flavours here but Tuna with Springwater is still good with crackers.
    Nana's Frozen Waffles for a treat (40 calories per waffle)
    Smoked Salmon, Cucumber
    Almonds, walnuts and cashews (I make up 25g snack bags due to the fat content, and that is around the 200 cal mark I think. Really really good at keeping me full for longer)
    VitaWheet Soy & Linseed Lunch Slices
    LaZuppa soups (some under 200 cals) however, it's very high in sodium
    Lindt Dark Choc 85% (if I feel like something sweet)
    Dried figs/prunes/appricots (2 of these to put in my snack pack for something sweet)
    So Good Soy Milk 99% Fat Free (good for protein for keeping you full for longer)
    Helga's Multigrain Bread
    Poached Eggs
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I bought a coconut milk/almond milk blend from Coles on the weekend. It's in the long life milk section and was only 37 calories I think for 100mls. Very nice too.
  • Cesarina100
    Cesarina100 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Where do you get Chang noodles I looked every where
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options
    I just discovered cottee's diet chocolate sauce, yet to try it though!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

not available anymore I don't think. Look for slim pasta of konnyaku noodles at asian grocer (cheaper)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Found this at woolies today. Great macros!

20131125_152930.jpg

20131125_152940.jpg
  • cevalid
    Options
    Not a food, but I just found the Lipton Green Gunpower tea (20 bags for $3). It tastes/smells a lot better than regular green tea.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I found them the other day at Coles in the health food section.

I can't eat them, or Slim Pasta, they make me really sick.

...Which is good, cause they taste awful!
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Rowies snacckie bites with chia, brown rice and rainbow veggies. 138 calories for the pack. Lovely toasty flavour! You could dip them in humous etc but I loved nibbling on these crispy, healthy treats on their own. I am not sure if they were from Woolies or Coles but they were where all the health food bars etc are. They are Aussie made by Rowies Cakes and are sugar,wheat, yeast, dairy & gluten, egg and nut free not that I care about any of that but good for someone that needs to watch out for any of those.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

not available anymore I don't think. Look for slim pasta of konnyaku noodles at asian grocer (cheaper)

Not available? Since when? I picked up 4 packets today from Coles & have been doing that weekly since I discovered them 12 months ago.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I bought a coconut milk/almond milk blend from Coles on the weekend. It's in the long life milk section and was only 37 calories I think for 100mls. Very nice too.

Almond milk is only 2% almonds in it. Rest is not almonds or anything great for you.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Simply Less Coles range? Looking at it now and would like to give it a try.

I took their stuff back to the store & told them it was crap. Don't bother.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do like the Simply Less Chocolate Mousse - it's loaded with fibre, but I'm not sure whether it's the sort that is beneficial. It's yummy though. I only buy it when they have the 3 for $5 specials.

I have made home made almond milk in my Vitamix - it's a pile of almonds and water. That's it. It was really good, but I haven't made it for a while. I'm not sure whether I see the point of buying it premade, it won't be as good for you.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Freeze dried strawberries from health food shops. Only 70 calories and taste like lollies. Gorgeous!
  • merse81
    Options
    I used to make a frozen dessert of : low fat ricotta and cottage cheese mixed with the sugar free hot choc mix and a scoop of protein powder. freeze over night. it turns into a rock, which means it takes you longer to eat and its soo filling. mind you its not as tasty as icecream :)

I need of restocking the changes low cal noodles
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Woolies:

reduced sugar bbq sauce 9cals per 20ml

mushroom pizza (only $2.50!) 856cals, 35P/122C/23F (I'm adding chicken and bacon to this) for the whole pizza.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Tamar Valley greek style yoghurt no added sugar - 62 cals per 100gm, 2gm total fat. (Tasmanian brand)

Several flavours - just the best! thick, delicious. With a fruit syrup style through it.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    had the mushroom pizza tonight. Bloody good. Get on it people!
  • 2014blitz
    2014blitz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fat and broke: making good decisions.

I am on a tight budget and have found a couple of foods I can rely on that come from the supermarket shelves.
    My mainstays are-

Eggs: I boil half a dozen and keep them in the fridge for a quick protein hit
    Aldi soups:
    Tomato Soup (400g?) has around 140 calories, and a whole can + can of water makes for a low calorie, low budget bellyful (89c)
    Beef and Vegetable Soup (535g) has only 344 calories, is more a stew than a soup and is also super filling ($2)
    Minestrone Soup (535g) has only 252 calories and is filling, has 3 or 4 serves of veg ($2)
    Aldi Hearty King braised steak and onion (400g) has 296 calories, and is a reasonable meal ($2)
    Aldi Hearty King ravioli bolognese (410g) is really yummy, filling and only 386 calories ($2)

From the freezer section at Aldi, I recommend:
    Aldi International Cuisine Beef Stroganoff 98% fat free, (350g), at 309 calories ($3.70)
    Aldi International Cuisine Sundried Tomato, Chicken & Pasta (350g) at 333 calories ($3.70)
    Aldi International Cuisine - Vegetable Cannelloni, (400g), at 328 calories ($3.70)

With the addition of decent coffee and some fresh fruit, I can use the above prepared food and keep a budget under $50 a week, which isn't too shabby. It isn't gourmet either, but I am not hungry, haven't had to actually cook for months, and have dropped a considerable amount of weight (26kgs).
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Fat and broke: making good decisions.

I am on a tight budget and have found a couple of foods I can rely on that come from the supermarket shelves.
    My mainstays are-

Eggs: I boil half a dozen and keep them in the fridge for a quick protein hit
    Aldi soups:
    Tomato Soup (400g?) has around 140 calories, and a whole can + can of water makes for a low calorie, low budget bellyful (89c)
    Beef and Vegetable Soup (535g) has only 344 calories, is more a stew than a soup and is also super filling ($2)
    Minestrone Soup (535g) has only 252 calories and is filling, has 3 or 4 serves of veg ($2)
    Aldi Hearty King braised steak and onion (400g) has 296 calories, and is a reasonable meal ($2)
    Aldi Hearty King ravioli bolognese (410g) is really yummy, filling and only 386 calories ($2)

From the freezer section at Aldi, I recommend:
    Aldi International Cuisine Beef Stroganoff 98% fat free, (350g), at 309 calories ($3.70)
    Aldi International Cuisine Sundried Tomato, Chicken & Pasta (350g) at 333 calories ($3.70)
    Aldi International Cuisine - Vegetable Cannelloni, (400g), at 328 calories ($3.70)

With the addition of decent coffee and some fresh fruit, I can use the above prepared food and keep a budget under $50 a week, which isn't too shabby. It isn't gourmet either, but I am not hungry, haven't had to actually cook for months, and have dropped a considerable amount of weight (26kgs).

Wish we had Aldi up here ;(