2014 Bride Check In

Options
micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
Howdy girls! May 2014 bride here! Almost 6 months left to go! I have 15 pounds to go before my wedding weight goal and 30 till my ultimate goal. Hopefully I will meet my wedding weight goal! Where do you guys stand with your goal?

Also, pretty excited that I chose my bridesmaids dresses :) I have one bridesmaid who is being very meh about everything and never bothered to even go try any dresses on. :( Hopefully she orders on time. If not, I am not sure what to do :( She is one of my oldest friends and I want her beside me on my big day but so far she hasnt really shown me she wants to :(

Replies

• JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married in April and it's starting to feel close! I've got 5 or 8 pounds to lose and although I've lost 30 since Feb, I'm having a little trouble getting the scale down to my goal. I started working out at the gym this summer and I know I'm just building muscle right now. I'm not giving up and I'll keep trying different things because I want this... not just for the wedding, for me.
    Ok, enough about me.

Hope your friend gets a little more excited. It's supposed to be a fun time, right?! I'll be excited for you for her;) What do your bridesmaid's dresses look like?
  • melissaR18
    melissaR18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 5 months until my wedding. I used MFP a year ago and didn't have the results I wanted and gave up. However, with my wedding around the corner, I need to stick to it this time and lose weight. I honestly don't know how much I can lose in 5 months but I'm going to try.

I just picked out my bridesmaids dresses too! Its so fun!
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 10 months until my wedding and thank god because I am 35 lbs off! Ordered my dress though so thats super exciting! I scheduled my engagement pictures for Dec 14 so I have a mini goal of 15 lbs total by then. I am on my way with 4 down so far. After Christmas I am going to go into full swing organization mode. I am totally type A and like to have everything planned out well in advance :P
  • Laur005
    Laur005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a July 2014 bride, so I have a little over 8 months left to go. I would like to lose around 25-30 lbs (or at least drop some body fat!) I'm trying to stick with it, but I don't have any friends who are still using MFP so hopefully this group will help a little. Just in the past two weeks I've been eating healthy and logging almost everything, and I dropped 4 lbs and a percentage of body fat in time for our engagement photos, so I am feeling hopeful!
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm getting married in October 2014, so I have 11 months to (hopefully) lose 30 plus or minus pounds of fat and gain at least 10 pounds of muscle! This seems like plenty of time, but I'm shopping for my dress in late January and I know won't feel happy if I jiggle or bulge too much. I've been looking forward to dress shopping ever since I can remember, so I want it to be a completely positive experience. I'd be happy with a 10 pound loss by then! I struggle to get even a pound a week, so it's time to start working out and eating right!
  • micqs
    Options
    I think you all have excellent and obtainable goals :) The excitement is starting to build and I think that excitement is what is going to kick our *kitten* into gear! Good luck to you all you are shopping for your dresses! I ordered mine in August! My headpiece and veil came already and the stylist told me my dress would be here in December! Its ahead of schedule! What I am I supposed to do with my dress for 5 months!? Haha.

Junctiongirl: Have fun with your engagement pictures :) I am going to try to have ours redone. I liked them when we first got them, but then I realized how big I looked (thanks to my grandmothers snarky comment unfortunately).

Robingoblin: Dress shopping is fun to an extent :p I went by myself and took pictures (my bridesmaids are several states away). It wouldve been helpful to at least have one person with me but I have heard that alot of people can be overwhelming. And my advice: Dance in the dresses you try on ;) When they stylist got me in the dress, I looked in the mirror, then when I went back to the changing room, she went to get another dress before getting me out of the one I was wearing. I danced, threw my hands up, jumped. You'll find some dresses do not actually stay up if you dance :P Dont know if its just me but I like to throw my hands up in the air :p

Laurmor005 and MelissaR18: Feel free to add me! I do have to be honest and say that I am not as active on commenting on statuses as I used to. So some days, it might be comment city, others not so much. lol. Depends on how my day is going. But I do log on every day.

Jasmineoravec: :) They are from alfred angelo style 7262S. Short style, cherry colored with black lace overlay. Its up to the bridesmaids if they want them three inches longer or with straps :) Im thinking of allowing them to pick their own shoes. Matte Black would be the only requirement. maybe?
  • brown_organics
    brown_organics Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My Wedding Day goal is to lose 40+lbs (anything extra is awesome) by May/June -- when I will find a dress.

I kind of have the dress picked out but I want to try it on when I'm at goal.

Wedding date is August 30th
  • junctiongirl
    junctiongirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Darn Grandmothers and their snarky comments!
  • micqs
    Options
    Well, we bought our wedding bands yesterday :) Had an absolute blast doing it. Im very thankful that the Zales associate could match our quirky sense of humor. Haha. We were going to wait but Zales sent us a nice coupon and the associate recommended not waiting as apparently winter is becoming exceptionally popular and lack of merchandise. So we will have them by the end of this month. I am very well excited! Next step= determining men's attire.

In terms of weight goal. I feel like I have hit a plateau. Ive been teetering between 157 and 161 for a few weeks. Not sure exactly how to get off of the plateau and get the scale and measuring tape moving again. :/
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    11 months to go here. We are still working on our vendors. We have a photographer and should have a DJ this weekend. The Save the dates are at the printer and should be ready in a week! I'm starting to scope out places to take the girls bridesmaid dress shopping since that will be taking place at the end of December (when all the ladies will be in town as I have out of state bridesmaids).

Now that I have passed my personal training exam and am officially certified I can concentrate on my own fitness instead of studying and find time for a few clients ;)
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    5 months from this past Monday will be ours, and while I'm excited, I haven't lost nearly as much as I had hoped - I really had to kick it into high gear recently just to lose 5 lbs, and I was hoping to lose another 10 (at least) by the wedding - guess we'll see!

I took my Mother and Grandmother dress shopping and it was a nightmare ... everything fit poorly, the dresses were too heavy, and and on top of that, I have the added bonus of having had a double mastectomy a year and a half ago (with a "failed" reconstruction), so everything makes my chest look horrible. I 100% empathize - grandmothers snarky comments are the WORST!

Hope all you girls are taking time to enjoy the little successes - we feel very rushed in the planning because we're having a very simple wedding, but for a LOT of people, so there's details that we need to nail down that just won't seem to come together. Hang in there, everybody - 2014 will be a great year for all of us, and we will ALL be beautiful brides, no matter what size we are! <3
  • robingoblin
    Options
    I've also hit a plateau, unfortunately. I'm not too down about it, though. I've made some big changes -- started working out with a personal trainer and doing minor lifting (hopefully will work up to heavy weight lifting!) in my problem areas that would show in a dress. My back, arms, shoulders, and bum are getting so toned! Gaining muscle is probably happening at the same rate as burning fat, so the scale isn't providing too much positive feedback. I'm also coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't be tiny - my frame has always been on the large side, even when I was a skeletal teenager - so I might as well be amazingly toned!

@micqs, your bridesmaids dresses look BEAUTIFUL! What a classic, unique look.

I'm really curious about everyone's dresses:
    Which silhouette did you pick and why?
  • micqs
    Options
    Ive got an a line dress. Because I liked the way it looked more than any other style. I did almost though go with a semi mermaid. Not sure what exactly its called. It was from alfred angelo. It was the rapunzel dress. It was unique and very different. BUT I liked the a line much better. :)

SO. Anyone have advice on what to do next? I am really in the mood to plan and not sure what my next step is. I know I need to figure out the menswear but what ELSE can I do? Im at the 6 month mark. My bridesmaids should've purchased their dresses (the have two more days to do so). I am in the process of working with a graphic designer and working on the final draft of invitations and RSVPs. We bought our wedding bands, have our venue, photographer, DJ, and videographer. Save the dates were sent out. SOOOOOO Now what?
  • nvaughn7
    nvaughn7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)
    March Bride here! And new on this group. 4 months to go and things seem to be going ALOT faster. We just signed the lease on our apartment and my first bridal shower (I'm having 2 because our families are states apart) is on SATURDAY!!!! I bought a dress to wear to it that was tight for motivation a few weeks ago and guess what, IT FITS!!

As for wedding weight goals:

Started at: 167
    Currently: 157
    Goal: 140

I've got about 17 lbs to go with 10lbs down! Started myfitnesspal after losing 5lbs on my own.

MICQS--- Not sure if you have started this, wish I would have done it sooner, but start addressing envelopes! This process takes forever and doing a few a night is so much easier than trying to cram them in at the end!!

<3 Nikki
  • nvaughn7
    nvaughn7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    RobinGoblin--- Enjoy having a frame and curves, you are way too gorgeous to worry about being super small!!

As for my dress, I picked a sweetheart top ball gown made of crinkled chiffon by vera wang. It's so pretty and big and pouffy. I love it! How about you? What does your dress look like?

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-Gown-with-Draped-Bodice-and-Tulle-Skirt-VW351178_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-White-by-Vera-Wang

If you want to see what it looks like, copy paste this into your address bar!

<3 nikki
  • Lieve84
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 2014 bride too, February 14th...it's getting close! I've become a mommy in August and well...the weight is still on ;) With under 3 months to go I should really try to loose as much weight as possible and I could use some support. So, here I am! I'm from Holland so I think in 'kilograms' instead of 'pounds'. I want to loose 10kg before the wedding, which is about 22lbs. Wish me luck ;)
  • robingoblin
    Options
    Aww, nvaughn7, you're too sweet!! :flowerforyou: Vera Wang is a bridal goddess, good choice. It's such a beautiful, romantic style! I'm going shopping in January or February (I'm over 10 months away), but I love Pronovias, Jenny Lee, and Justin Alexander.

@micqs: I'm a bit farther away, but according to my planner, 6 months away is a great time to
    - start figuring out the menu
    - start designing centerpieces
    - start planning honeymoon (location, flights, SAVINGS)
    - invitations, but it looks like you already have that!
    - set up wedding website with registries, directions, etc.

I'm a huge DIY enthusiast, so at 6 months, I might start designing and lasercutting placecards or something like that. According to all my family members and friends that got married recently, all of those time intensive crafts should be finished at least a month ahead of time!
  • micqs
    Options
    Welcome Leive! Congratulations on your new little one!!! Feel free to add me! I try to stay active with commenting as best as I can. I think your goal is completely attainable :). Just gotta kick it!

Robin: I'm unable to figure out menu. :( the venue caters it's own food. We have to choose the food and go to a tasting but due to my fiancés relocation, we cannot do it yet. It's four or so states away :( so I'm at a stalemate. When I go home for thanksgiving I'm looking at center pieces that my mom has started to play with. But other than that I'm stuck. Can't figure out cake or hair or any of that jazz. Lol. I'm going to take a long weekend off in January I think to do those things as long as hubby can get off too. We have our wedding website completed and did our registries Lol. And no honeymoon got us :(. It's just not in our financial abilities right now. I think we're going to take a few days at a bed and breakfast but that's it. :( very disappointing. I just want to have it all planned!!! Lol. It's killing me I can't do much of anything else.
  • micqs
    Options
    And nikki, I LOVE your dress. It's absolutely gorgeous!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Pretty dress Nikki! I got mine from Ivory & Co (UK designer) I wasn't 'in love' with it but it was certainly the best I found in the two days I had to go dress shopping whilst I was visiting home (10,000 miles away). It also makes me feel slimmer so at least if I don't lose the 20lb that I'd like I should still look ok?

Robingoblin - I'm sure you'll find it positive , I wish I had but with the limited timeframe it was less fun than I would have liked :-(

ETholden - Big hug! You'll look gorgeous, its like the right man sometimes it just take a while to find, I'm sure you'll find something. When are you looking next?

Does anyone feel that this has all seemed a bit too easy though? (or am I odd) The only thing yet to sort is the bridesmaid and a bit like micqs finding she's proving to be more difficult than planned.

We have 5 months to go... Sorted:
    Wedding website, Save the Date & Invites (helps that I'm the designer!)
    Wedding Bands - what are yours like micqs? I love jewellery
    Venue
    Caterer (and menu)
    Band
    Photographer
    Videographer (was planning on one but lots of people talked me into it)
    Dress
    Groom & Best Man suits
    Cake
    Flower
    Candy Cart
    Wedding Night hotel.

Am I missing something?!

I don't think you should get your engagement photos done micqs, I think its a great example of how far you will have come, besides thats who he loves!!

Lieve - You'll be beautiful regardless of weight lost, they do KG's here in Aus too but I like how pounds move faster ;-)

Robinggoblin - Do you have a laser cutter?! I'm so envious. I'd love one.