Season 4 - Ep. 6 - Live Bait - 11/17/13

Options
2»

Replies

• Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    do you guys think he'll encounter Carol and she will join his group? just a theory i had.

I thought about that too. Especially since she never met him she would have no idea who he is and could easily fall for the "good boy" version of the Governor. Plus he's going by Brian now, so she would seriously have no idea who he is.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I personally love his character. He was, before the apocalypse, a good man. A loving father and devoted husband. He started Woodbury with the best intentions. And really it wasn't until Michonne killed his daughter that he spiraled into the monster he was at the end of last season. I see him as the most realistic character in the show, but that's just me.

I think that he will probably cross paths with Carol, and with her help, end up at the prison with Rick. Stranger alliances have been formed.

Technically, Michonne didn't kill his daughter, she was a zombie. That plus remember when he had Daryl & Merl thrown into the circle of zombies? Maybe it's just me but I got the impression that was a regular activity for the people of Woodbury considering everyone cheered like they were at a monster truck rally.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I personally love his character. He was, before the apocalypse, a good man. A loving father and devoted husband. He started Woodbury with the best intentions. And really it wasn't until Michonne killed his daughter that he spiraled into the monster he was at the end of last season. I see him as the most realistic character in the show, but that's just me.

I think that he will probably cross paths with Carol, and with her help, end up at the prison with Rick. Stranger alliances have been formed.

Technically, Michonne didn't kill his daughter, she was a zombie. That plus remember when he had Daryl & Merl thrown into the circle of zombies? Maybe it's just me but I got the impression that was a regular activity for the people of Woodbury considering everyone cheered like they were at a monster truck rally.

Zombie... not a zombie... still his daughter. And throwing Merle and Daryl into the fight together happened after the incident with Michonne. Prior to that, the fights were fixed. The biters had their teeth pulled out by Milton. It was WWE for the town's entertainment. People may have gotten hurt occasionally--and by accident--but it was all staged.

I can see your point a little (still don't like him haha). But Daryl didn't go all psycho and epically evil after the Governor turned Merle into a walker (essentially killing him). I think to turn into the psychopath that the Governor turned into, you have to be a at least a little off somewhere in your pre-apocalypse life.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Zombie... not a zombie... still his daughter. And throwing Merle and Daryl into the fight together happened after the incident with Michonne. Prior to that, the fights were fixed. The biters had their teeth pulled out by Milton. It was WWE for the town's entertainment. People may have gotten hurt occasionally--and by accident--but it was all staged.

What about the whole kidnapping Glenn and Maggie? That was pre-Michonne's "killing" his daughter, IIRC. Also, killing all those military guys was kind of messed up, as was keeping all the heads in fish tanks.

I think he lost it well before he knew Michonne.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Regarding the Governor...I've never known anyone to change what they believe is right & wrong down deep without some kind of religious experience. But then this is a TV show, so who knows. IF he really cared about his new family & truly wanted the best for them, he'd tell them to go to the prison & ask to become a part of the community without him around, knowing that it would make it more difficult for them if he was there. Then he should do whatever he can from the outside to protect the prison group...go out on runs & bring back supplies, whatever, until MAYBE they might take him back in. But the question remains whether he'd have time to do any of that once Michonne saw him...lol.

I believe it was in one of C. S. Lewis' non-fiction books where he talked about how a man's character is like a sinking ship. When a ship starts to sink (a crisis), the rats come running up from below. It wasn't that the sinking suddenly manufactured rats, they were always there, the crisis just made them visible. He compared it to a man's character, that any crisis just brings out what's been there all along...it makes what was always there visible. Whether that means being a hero, or being a monster.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

What about the whole kidnapping Glenn and Maggie? That was pre-Michonne's "killing" his daughter, IIRC. Also, killing all those military guys was kind of messed up, as was keeping all the heads in fish tanks.

I agree. The Governor was a bad man before anything happened with Michonne. He wanted Michonne taken out when she left Woodbury. He humiliated and nearly raped Maggie. He killed the military men who were with those in the helicopter. The "death" of his zombie daughter didn't make him bad. He was already that way.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I agree. The Governor was a bad man before anything happened with Michonne. He wanted Michonne taken out when she left Woodbury. He humiliated and nearly raped Maggie. He killed the military men who were with those in the helicopter. The "death" of his zombie daughter didn't make him bad. He was already that way.

I agree. He definitely lost it long before Michonne stepped into the picture. I think Michonne was the only person that saw past his bull****. We all know Andrea tried to make him into a good guy and look at where it got her. Plus Michonne is an actual physical threat to the Governor...she's not afraid to go toe to toe with him and kick his *kitten*.