Week 1

Options

Replies

• umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So it was day 2 for me yesterday and i am proud to say i was able to finish the whole workout without having to stop the dvd several times like i did on day 1. It felt so good to workout again. I worked out to various JM videos in June and even though the scale wasnt moving, i could see changes in my body. then life happened and well, here i am again. Anyhow, really excited to do it again today.

Btw how many days of each level is everyone planning on doing?
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying doing RI30 over 30DS. Better exercises than the 30DS. I do the CD 5 days a week along with 4 days of Zumba. Weekends are a rest for me. This is my 2nd day of Week 1 and I'm loving it! Someday I will do pushups on my toes. Infact, I think tomorrow I will try it!!
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 done. I'm liking RI30 more and more each day and every day appreciating the 30 second strength intervals as I'm really able to do the full 30 seconds rather than struggling and giving up if they were longer.

@dshalbert: That is great motivation to me to keep going with RI30 - not only are you already doing it a second time, but those great compliments that you got :-) Congrats!

@umekanzah: Great job working through the whole workout without stopping! I'm planning to do a week of each level with one rest day. I'm not sure when I'll put the rest day in as I'm kind of enjoying the workout so far! If I'm really struggling with a level (ie not able to do the reps) then I'll probably keep going a little longer than a week to get it right.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Btw how many days of each level is everyone planning on doing?

I'm planning on doing each level 5 days. I have knee issues, so I may not do 5 days straight. The last time I did RI30 I did no more than 3 days straight with a day rest, then 2 days on and 2 days rest, then on to the next level. But that was what my physical therapist recomended for me. I have to really pay attention to my body so I don't end back up in PT. I still got results, so do what works best for you.
  • rachelromero13
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am starting RI30 today and will be doing level 1. I'm excited to get started!! For those of you without heart rate monitors, how do you log the exercise? Circuit training?
  • 1knowright
    1knowright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just started RI30 today! I'm already sore right after the work out, but still a good one.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    So week 1 day 2 done. Felt much better than yesterday so that was good but my hamstrings are kind of tight - anyone else having that?

Still working on form a little, for some reason I'm struggling with my form on the side lunges that I was absolutely fine with during Level 1 of 30DS!! The other one I struggle with is the hollow man one I think they call it - the one with shoulders and legs off the mat. I have to put my hands under my butt to keep my lower back on the floor. Anyone have any tips? Is it just that my core isn't strong enough?

Hey olalola! Here what worked for me:
    Hamstrings- those stretches at the end are not long enough for me. I do the hamstring stretch for at least 20 -30 seconds per leg. And hold on to the wall or furniture if you need to.
    Hollow man- it will take time. My core is my weak point and it is hard to do if your ab muscles are weak. Keep at it and and you will be able to hold it longer each time. You will surprise yourself.
    Side lunges- still trying to figure that one out myself lol! That one makes me nervous because of my knee issues so I do a super modified version of that one:wink:
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    L1D2. I also have issues with Hollow Man but suspect I have no abs so guess is just a case of try try try again! Really like this workout and excited to have done two days in a row with minimum ache!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    @dshalbert: thanks for the tips! I will try these tonight when I work out. So frustrating with the side lunges as I had absolutely no problem during 30DS with the exact same move except for my arms dying which ironically is the part I have no trouble with now :laugh: I think I'm over-thinking it because Jillian keeps emphasising how important it is not to do this, that and the other so I'm constantly checking instead of trusting my body to get it right which it did before!!
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey

Glad to hear every one's enjoying Level 1 so far!

My plan was to do each Week Mon - Fri, then take the weekend as rest days. Last week and this week I've had so much on that I've not managed the 5 days, so will do Week 2 again this week, then start Week 3 next Monday.

Together we can all do this :flowerforyou:
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So far so good, only hate the very last abs move (so painful!) and feel extremely stupid while doing "the running man". Also, I am a little bit scared about the next weeks as Jillian goes on and on about how tough they are gonna be. Hopefully, I'll be prepared!
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 1 Day 2! I FEEL AWESOME!! I'd rate my performance a 7/10 today, up from 5/10 yesterday. Trying to do most of the moves in the advanced way - doing pretty good I'd say!
  • leahhugh
    Options
  • leahhugh
    Options
  • leahhugh
    Options
    So far so good, only hate the very last abs move (so painful!) and feel extremely stupid while doing "the running man". Also, I am a little bit scared about the next weeks as Jillian goes on and on about how tough they are gonna be. Hopefully, I'll be prepared!

HAHA. The running man is ridiculous, I'm glad I work out ALONE, when my husband is NOT home!

Just remember to keep your abs tight and pull with them, I love the way that move gets my abs burning!!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Week 1 day 4 done. Ouch my abs hurt today!! I think (like Leah) I've upped my game each day since day 1 and also am holding my abs tightly throughout and oooh I felt it during that workout.

I am loving RI30 so far! Hope the next levels will be as enjoyable (even if they're much harder!!)

Awesome to see everyone doing so well :-)
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me was last night and i loved it. For some reason 30 day shred was pretty boring for me, not sure why. really liking RI30 so far, and it goes by sooo fast. My daughter (4.5 y) works out with me too while my toddler son thinks he has a free pass to go underneath my legs or sit on my tummy during the workouts, lol. But my arms are like noodles and my legs are like jelly after the workout. I am like DONE for the day afterwards.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Today I did my 3rd workout of Level 1. I survived. :laugh:
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Snap. D3L1. Found it hard to get up today but actually really enjoyed the workout. Like the middle strength section which makes it go faster I think!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    So week 1 day 5 done today. I'm really loving it, don't want to take a day off! What's the general consensus, it's only a 30 minute workout, do we really need a rest day? What's everyone else doing?

Everything felt easier today, went straight from one move to the next - usually I take sips of water to give myself a 5-10 second breather between sets!!