SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Well done Melissa and Kristie! Our American ladies are staying strong in this Thanksgiving week! So proud of you! :flowerforyou: I know Nonna has been getting some burns in too (seen status updates even though she hasn't got on here yet!) KEEP GOING! Burn those calories now and you'll all enjoy tomorrow's dinner even more!

And I loved that post Kristie - you are going to have to adapt that for Christmas too! I will definitely need the reminder :blushing:

And Pam - not forgetting you either. I hope you are feeling MUCH better today. Hang in there!

How are you doing with all the holiday pressures Kristin?

I think the other 4 of us are non-Americans ... but we're all rooting for you!!!

The good news for you all is that Sheri is being KIND! She has now given us until SATURDAY to get our workouts done and you can weigh in on Saturday morning not Friday! (A chance to let those sodium levels go down a bit after Thanksgiving dinner :laugh: )

SO LET'S GO FOR IT SHARKS!

My TUESDAY:

WORKOUT: 30 minutes circuit training (and I felt like I was slacking because I "only" did 30 minutes!!! :laugh: )
    Calories burned: 311
    (Still need one more workout session.)

REPS: 100 reps (50 sit-ups and 50 double crunches)
    (175 reps to go)

STRETCHING: 8 minutes (back to the minimum today! :laugh: )
    (1 more lot of stretching to do.)

Water: 9 glasses

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!

Just posted my second physical positive on the main page. Still need to do and post a "pay-it-forward".
  • jaajh
    Options
    So sorry I didn't say this earlier, but I was REALLY SORRY to see Melissa (mangodabango) and Kate leave us last week :sad:

If you come on here ladies I want you to know you will be missed! BUT you can continue playing along with us and gaining points if you like. We would LOVE to have your encouragement and it might help with accountability too. Come and say "hello" from time to time, if nothing else. And HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you both!

:heart: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ali...I *did* feel better yesterday...I took lots of oil of oregano to try to ward off any sickness, and I woke up with a little headache but not feeling so bad. But I was really busy getting ready for family to come into town, so I don't have anything to report for yesterday... I am very thankful for a lighter week this week; I think my mind and body needed a little respite!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Sorry sharks for not being around this week, I have had a lot going on in my personal life which I won't go into but I have been trying to keep on top of things. Sorry Ali and Pam that I have not been around to help log all the data.

Melissa and Kate so sorry you are not with us any more. Pam hope you are feeling better now. Kristie, hope you are having a better week this week :flowerforyou:

SUNDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes circuit training - 602 calls
    REPS: zero
    STRETCHING: 8 minutes
    Water: 8 glasses

MONDAY:

WORKOUT: 0 minutes - 0 calls

TUESDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes circuit training - 602 calls
    Water: 8 glasses (plus 2 glasses of wine :blushing: )

WEDNESDAY:

WORKOUT: zero minutes - 0 calls
    REPS: 675 reps (cardio, core, ub & lb - all listed in daily log)

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Well, I think I *may* escape without catching a cold...but I have NOT managed a workout since my dad has been in town. (Why is this so hard this time? During the other challenges that I did, I didn't let anything stop me...now, I'm being such a wimp!)
    My stepmom has agreed to take a walk with me tomorrow, but it's COOOOOLD outside! (Yes, I need a kick in the rear!)
    But, Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I *WILL* get all my challenge requirements done this week!

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm here and thinking about you all!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    :heart:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Sorry sharks for not being around this week, I have had a lot going on in my personal life which I won't go into but I have been trying to keep on top of things. Sorry Ali and Pam that I have not been around to help log all the data.

Don't worry about not updating. It's a little quieter on here this week :wink: and I am keeping on top of it just fine with a little help from Pam.:happy: You just deal with the things you need to and know that we are here for you whenever you need us. REALLY hope everything gets back to normal for you soon. Sending you a big hug and praying for you. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Well, I think I *may* escape without catching a cold...but I have NOT managed a workout since my dad has been in town. (Why is this so hard this time? During the other challenges that I did, I didn't let anything stop me...now, I'm being such a wimp!)
    My stepmom has agreed to take a walk with me tomorrow, but it's COOOOOLD outside! (Yes, I need a kick in the rear!)
    But, Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I *WILL* get all my challenge requirements done this week!

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm here and thinking about you all!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Yay to escaping the cold, but I am with you on the "why is it so hard this time?" I have never let the fact that Sheri has gone easy on us stop me going all out before, but this week instead of my usual workouts I have been doing HALF my usual time (or even, yesterday, none at all!) I need Sheri pushing me, obviously :noway:

SO pleased your stepmom is going to walk with you today! Get those bonus points in! :love:

And while on the subject of the holiday: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU AMERICAN SHARKS! Thinking of you today ... ENJOY (but not TOO much of the food!!! ) :flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:

Was not a good day! Can't believe how "lazy" I am being this week!!!!

WORKOUT: none :blushing:
    (Still need to get one more in to complete challenge, although have got my minimum minutes done)

REPS: 50 sit-ups and 25 squats
    (Still need to do 100 reps)

STRETCHING: none today
    (Still need to do 1 more lot of 8 minutes)

WATER: Did at least get 10 glasses in :happy:

Also posted my second physical positive. Need to do and post a pay-it-forward.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE! (Just mine!)
  • pamcuster
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yay to escaping the cold, but I am with you on the "why is it so hard this time?" I have never let the fact that Sheri has gone easy on us stop me going all out before, but this week instead of my usual workouts I have been doing HALF my usual time (or even, yesterday, none at all!) I need Sheri pushing me, obviously :noway:

SO pleased your stepmom is going to walk with you today! Get those bonus points in! :love:

And while on the subject of the holiday: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU AMERICAN SHARKS! Thinking of you today ... ENJOY (but not TOO much of the food!!! ) :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I'm a little worried about needing Sheri's push in the future! After the last challenge ended, I lost a few more pounds and then I started gaining it back. That's why at the beginning of this, I said my goal is to come up with a workable plan for maintenance. It has helped me to realize that fitness/weight loss is NOT a destination that I can reach and then stop...I'm going to have to keep at it forever. But...that DOES seem very intimidating! ...one day at a time, I guess. Also, I read recently (and need to plan for this) that *after* you reach your "goal" weight, you need to set other goals to keep moving forward.

Ideas? Wisdom for maintenance (when that time comes!) ?
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: WEEK 8!!!:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:

:heart: Workouts
    Sunday 120 minutes fence work 559 cals (logged as "walking 2.0mph")
    Monday 120 minutes fence work 558 cals (ditto) MOST of fence DONE!!!!:smooched:
    Tuesday & Wednesday no real workout
    Thursday 48 minute ACTUAL walk....with Hobbly Hubbit! 295 cals. We walked my brother's neighborhood after the "big" meal. His place is quite hilly for Delaware and It was cold, but I was glad to be out and really walking and the extra points warmed me considerably. I BEGGED the fam to go geocaching at White Clay Park, but they kept saying "We will. We are. We're going to." Another day I guess. It was a nice visit. So glad the week was easy. Sorry for waiting to post...

:bigsmile: Reps:
    Sunday 200 total (50 bicep curls with bricks, 50 arm circles with bricks, 50 calf raises, 25 lunges, 25 squats)
    Monday 200 total (50 each bicep curls, woodcutters, squats, calf raises)
    Tuesday 50 total (crunches)
    Wednesday 225 total (50 each of bicep curls, tricep extensions, chest flies, crunches. 25 punches)
    Thursday 100 total (50 calf raises, 25 lunges, 25 squats)

:glasses: Flex goal 8 min on S, M, T, Th

:flowerforyou: Personal
    listed 2 physical personal traits
    listed a Pay it Forward

:drinker: 50 pts for the walkies!

I for one am NOT fretting over this "lazy" week. There will be weeks like this throughout the rest of our lives and knowing I DID IT before makes I CAN DO IT again a reality. Before I started working on 'me' I had no BEFORE to motivate. Now that U have a before, I can SEE the future, and it is GOOOOOOD!!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    IMG_2643_zps5f2db5be.png
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    Week 7 points= 99
  • jaajh
    Options
    THURSDAY:

WORKOUT: 30 minutes circuit training. (At least I am keeping up with my Ripped in 30 programme!)
    Calories burned: 311
    (Completed all required workouts and minutes now :happy: )

REPS: 150 (50 sit-ups, 50 chest presses with hand weights, 50 chest flies with hand weights)
    (Completed required reps too :bigsmile: )

STRETCHING: Did my 8 minutes
    (Again - challenge completed here :bigsmile: :bigsmile: )

Water: 10 glasses.

I just posted my Pay It Forward on the main page too.
  • jaajh
    Options

I for one am NOT fretting over this "lazy" week. There will be weeks like this throughout the rest of our lives and knowing I DID IT before makes I CAN DO IT again a reality. Before I started working on 'me' I had no BEFORE to motivate. Now that U have a before, I can SEE the future, and it is GOOOOOOD!!!!

You are right Donna! Thanks for the good perspective :flowerforyou:

Also, well done for getting that Thanksgiving workout WITH hubbie done! :bigsmile: AND fabulous news that the fence is almost done. Do we get to see another photo?

How did the rest of our American sharks get on yesterday? Hope you enjoyed yourselves (but still dragged that family member into some form of exercise :bigsmile: )

We have until Saturday morning to log our weekly stats and do the weigh-in, so keep going for one more day!
  • jaajh
    Options

Yeah, I'm a little worried about needing Sheri's push in the future! After the last challenge ended, I lost a few more pounds and then I started gaining it back. That's why at the beginning of this, I said my goal is to come up with a workable plan for maintenance. It has helped me to realize that fitness/weight loss is NOT a destination that I can reach and then stop...I'm going to have to keep at it forever. But...that DOES seem very intimidating! ...one day at a time, I guess. Also, I read recently (and need to plan for this) that *after* you reach your "goal" weight, you need to set other goals to keep moving forward.

Ideas? Wisdom for maintenance (when that time comes!) ?

If only I knew the answer to that one! I think being accountable helps A LOT. That is why things like this challenge work so well for me! We need to work at something to keep us motivated in between challenges! As for maintenance, having not got anywhere near goal yet, I am afraid I have nothing to add there either. Would love to see other people's thoughts on that though!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I feel awful that I didn't participate as much as I should this week. I've been at work late almost every day and I took a little tumble (I'm fine now by the way). Between everything, I only managed to work out twice and I didn't do any reps. I will be kicked out, but I'll try to follow along as I now have to start training for the 10k.

That being said....I posted my physical attributes on the main page and here are my workout stats:

Sunday: 45 minutes Just Dance, Cals burned: 455

Thursday: 60 minutes Wii Zumba, Cals burned: 574
  • jaajh
    Options
    I feel awful that I didn't participate as much as I should this week. I've been at work late almost every day and I took a little tumble (I'm fine now by the way). Between everything, I only managed to work out twice and I didn't do any reps. I will be kicked out, but I'll try to follow along as I now have to start training for the 10k.

That being said....I posted my physical attributes on the main page and here are my workout stats:

Sunday: 45 minutes Just Dance, Cals burned: 455

Thursday: 60 minutes Wii Zumba, Cals burned: 574

Hope you are doing OK after your fall.

Did you get any stretching in this week? If you did, we can put that on too. And you do have until tomorrow morning if you want to get another workout in or some reps. I know you'd still be one workout down (or maybe not if you get one in on Friday and one pre-10am on Sat!) You never know, Sheri MIGHT be kind and let you stay in. It is up to you. If you feel you need to back out, that is OK too, but we will be sad to lose you :cry: EVEN if you decide to leave the challenge part, you CAN still stay in the team and compete for points and towards team goals. Being eliminated does NOT stop that! So I hope that we do still see you on here!

And on that note, please send me your points for Week 7 (last week) so I can put those on the chart.

REALLY hope you decide to stick around with us. We will miss you if you go:sad:

• FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I got my stretching in on Sunday and Monday....10 minutes each day if that helps. I'll make up the minutes. Apparently I don't read directions as I thought we only had until today. I only need 15 minutes to make 120 and I know I can do better than that. I'll put in double effort and try to do some reps too.

Hope it will be enough!

You guys will have to try pretty hard to get rid of me :laugh:
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    Hi all! I thought I did fairly well yesterday until I decided to input all of my recipes and actually log yesterday. I was only about 500 calories over but my sodium was WAY high! You know what that means --> :drinker:

Thursday
    41 mins/ 401 cals Tae Bo + 45 mins, 123 cals Dance Central with Hubby= 86mins, 524 cals

450 Reps

8 mins stretching done

posted 2nd attribute and pay it forward

eta: totally forgot about Wednesday. Don't know what happened there.

Wednesday
    66 mins, 565 calories Tae Bo and Zumba

I don't think I did any reps or stretching. I can't remember but I still have until tomorrow.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Well - my week has not improved too much but you all seem to be doing pretty well.

I have posted my positive attributes on the main page and my stats are below for the remaining of the week.:

THURSDAY:

WORKOUT: WALKING (WITH MY HUSBAND) 60 minutes - 376 calls
    REPS: 250 reps (cardio, core, ub & lb - all listed in daily log)
    Water: 10 glasses

FRIDAY:

WORKOUT: Rowing 32 minutes - 341calls
    REPS: zero reps

That's it folks :flowerforyou:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE