SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Checking on here to encourage you all today, and YOU encouraged ME! Just looked at last week's results / this week's challenge:

OK, we may have slipped to 4th place, BUT we have FIVE Sharks in the Top Ten! WAY TO GO SHARKS!!!!! AND no drop-outs from our team so we are still a complete team not needing to have anyone else added to us to make up numbers :bigsmile: WE ROCK :bigsmile:

So be encouraged today by your own good results :happy:

And let's get back to that number one spot this week :laugh:

WEEK 6 CHALLENGE - IN SUMMARY:

WORKOUT: 5 days of at least 20 minutes. Calorie goal this week is 12 times you body weight at last week's weigh in. You need to calculate that and post it for us here so we can put it on the chart.
    So for me that would be 174 x 12 = 2089 as my calorie burn goal.

Team goal here is only minutes - and we need to get in 1500 minutes, so that is 167 minutes each (I haven't counted Kristin in this total - will be glad simply for whatever she can contribute :flowerforyou: We seem to have lost Kai :cry: )

REPS: 150 core, 150 upper body, 150 lower body, 150 cardio.
    Team goal = 7500 which is 834 each - so aim much higher than your personal 600 :bigsmile:

FLEXIBILITY: 7 minutes on 5 days
    AND record on the main challenge page in what tangible way you are nearer your flexibility goal.

HIIT - 6-10 minutes on FIVE days.

WE CAN DO THIS SHARKS!!!!

Enjoy your day off today and get back into it tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yay Sharks!!!

Here is my calorie burning calculation for week six:
    142 x 12 = 1704

Thanks to Mary and Ali for posting everyone's results on the chart, and a SPECIAL thanks to Sheri for creating these awesome challenges for us!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Calorie burn calculation for week 6

180.4*12= 2165
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Y'all better get used to this view, dolphins have taken the lead and plan to stay there.
    2itngar.jpg
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Shark buddies!

It occurred to me that even though being the "number one team" *looks* good, we are in this challenge for results (not that status.) And we are showing results - five of us in the top ten weight loss spots this week! The highest percentage of weight loss is what wins this challenge - not who was in the 'top' team from week to week. Now, of course I'm not knocking the fact that we can/should be in first place as a team...I'm just saying that we should keep-on-keeping-on when it comes to doing our individual parts of the challenge so that we show consistent results!

A friend of mine put this on Facebook, and I thought it could apply to our goals here:
    "Your best teacher is your last mistake."

And, my calorie-burn goal for the week: 1426
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was talking to Chich and Chawng and they said the SHARKS are still #1 in their book....which is what counts, IMHO!!!
    Look closely and you'll see they are have SHARKS' fins, too.

0JCgfUu.jpg

ETA: 2927 is my calorie requirement this week.... so up with the intensity. Prayer appreciated....
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Tell me what y'all think of this...
    I know Sheri has said in the past that we can't count regular cleaning as a workout... Today, I scrubbed my kitchen and entry-way floors (mmmm...Pine-Sol!) I made a conscious decision to do this as my workout because it's not my typical cleaning. (You may think I'm terrible, but my regular floor cleaning is just sweeping...and then the occasional string mop/bucket.) This was scrub-brushing, and I spent about half the time squatting to add intensity (although I think the scrubbing itself was pretty intense!) Anyway, I have logged it as 75 minutes of calisthenics, and am going to claim my ten points for today unless somebody has an issue with that! Just thought I'd ask for input from you guys!

So, what do you think?
  • jaajh
    Options
    Tell me what y'all think of this...
    I know Sheri has said in the past that we can't count regular cleaning as a workout... Today, I scrubbed my kitchen and entry-way floors (mmmm...Pine-Sol!) I made a conscious decision to do this as my workout because it's not my typical cleaning. (You may think I'm terrible, but my regular floor cleaning is just sweeping...and then the occasional string mop/bucket.) This was scrub-brushing, and I spent about half the time squatting to add intensity (although I think the scrubbing itself was pretty intense!) Anyway, I have logged it as 75 minutes of calisthenics, and am going to claim my ten points for today unless somebody has an issue with that! Just thought I'd ask for input from you guys!

So, what do you think?

Sounds OK to me! It was over and above your usual clean - and it is not as though you are logging workouts like this every day. AND you added in squats - so were clearly trying to make it harder (than it already is when you are scrub brushing!)
  • jaajh
    Options
    And my encouragement today is really one for myself (have had a bad couple of days in this respect!) :

0ALjBIH.jpg
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm with Pam, lets all work individually as well as a team to reach our personal goals. But, wow what a great team we Sharks are :flowerforyou:

Love your inspiration for today Ali ... if only I could always remember it :laugh:

My calorie goal for this week is 166.25 x12 = 1995 calories.

.... And my encouragement for today ....

IprQBzy.jpg

... And required calorie burns so far UPDATED ON SPREADSHEET
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Howdy sharks! Happy Sunday! Let me say a big congrats to the 5 sharks in the top 10! that is like way sweet! We are seriously rocking it as a team! I'm so glad you guys don't mind me tagging along on here because it has really been helping me stay accountable! This third trimester all i wanna do is eat and sleep! But I remember I have this board to come to and its helping a ton! Sad that we seem to have lost Kai hopefully everything is still going good! Here are my points for last week!

#1 Water - 35/35 pts
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts
    #3 Workout -25/60 pts
    #4 Bad Habit: 25/25 pts
    #5 Good Habit: 25/25
    #6 Team Talk:1/7 pts
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts

Total points - 111 points :)

and here is todays work out

There is no way I can hit the calorie burn i'd need hehehe but I got my mins and reps down!

Sunday

Work out - 20 mins elliptical
    Calories burned -150
    Reps -175 - 50 bicep curls 50 tricep kick backs 25 squats 25 dead lifts 25 lunges
    Stretching 10 mins done! :)
    No Hiit again hehehe that would be a spectacle let me tell you tho lol

Here's a positive thought for today!:wink:

640wgp.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Oh, yeah, Mary...we *ARE* a great team! I see no reason why we shouldn't hold the number one spot AND show awesome results! They really should go hand-in-hand!

So, let's take that spot back guys!!! It's OURS!!!
    High-energy workouts - Low calories!!! :wink:

My Sunday:
    workout: 60 minutes (20 with Jillian/ 40 with Leslie, consecutive)...324 calories
    Reps: 200 (50 each - core, cardio, UB, LB)
    HIIT: 10 minutes
    Stretch: 7 minutes
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Here is what I posted on the main challenge page.

****Since starting the challenge, I notice my hips aren't hurting as much. I'm working on my hamstring flexibility, but in doing so, I've been loosening up my entire lower body, which I'm loving! My heels are getting closer to the ground during downward dog and I know I'll make that goal before the end of the challenge.****

Sunday:

Workout: 45 minutes Just Dance 2014 (going to do my new Zumba tomorrow)

Cals Burned: 475

Reps: N/A

HIIT: 10 mins

Stretch: 10 mins

I think I'm going to start doing REP IT UP WEDNESDAY again. As I did before, I'll still do my reps on the other days, but I'll push that little bit harder on Wednesdays. Anyone care to join me???

ETA: My calorie burn for this week needs to be 2308.
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    squats_zps563ee0a6.jpeg
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    Sunday

1. 28 mins, 310 cals Tae Bo

2. 700 reps- 150 UB, 150 LB, 200 core, 200 cardio

3. 7 mins stretching done

4. No HIIT
  • pamcuster
    Options
    I'll try for more reps on Wednesdays! How many is 'more?!' :noway:
  • fang19423
    Options
    SHARKS ROCK :heart:

Week 5 points.

#1 Water: 30/35 pts (M/10, T/9, W/11, Th/10, F/9, S/8, Su/5)
    #2 Sodium: 35/35 pts (M/392, T/1992, W/1148, Th/951, F/1618, S/1042, Su/1793)
    #3 Workout: 50/60 pts(M61,T46, W126,Th68,F60, S, Su30)
    #4 Bad Habit: 25/25 pts (5/5 days)
    #5 Good Habit: 25/25 pts (5/5 days)
    #6 Team Talk: 7/7 pts (M(Y)-T(Y)-W(Y)-Th(Y)-F(Y)-S(Y)-Su(Y))
    #7 Smack Talk: - 5/5 pts - (Dophins, wolverines & tigers page on Monday )
    Total 177 points.

And now for some workout stats …

Sunday – week 6

#1 Workout 30 mins (BL power walk) / 329 cals (W/O 30 mins x 4 days to go & 1470 mins to gol & 1666 calories to go (166.25 x12=1995)).
    #2 Reps: zero done (150 UB/150 LB/150 Cardio/150 Core and total 600 to do).
    #3 Stretching - zero (7mins x5 days plus post yet to be do)
    #4 HITT – 7 mins done ( 6-10 mins x 4 days yet to do)

:glasses: Samantha ... I am up for rep it up Wednesday too ... pity I didn't read it earlier though as I have already done in excess of 1000 reps today which I will log later when I get my work out done. :sad:

Keep rocking it sharks :flowerforyou:
  • fang19423
    Options
    Sunday

1. 28 mins, 310 cals Tae Bo

2. 700 reps- 150 UB, 150 LB, 200 core, 200 cardio

3. 7 mins stretching done

4. No HIIT

Hi Kristie, for it to count as a workout, it has to be 30 mins ... do you want to take a some reps from your totals and count it as circuit training .. to make up the 30 mins .... let us know and we will log up your workoutmins and reps accordingly - stretching recorded.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • jaajh
    Options
    This isn't exactly motivational, but I for one needed the laugh this morning:

VugR3Ag.gif

But now for the motivational bit: OK Sharks! Let's get this week off to a great start! NO EXCUSES! We are strong, we are a Number 1 team :bigsmile: , and we WILL push as hard as we can :love: Have a great week everyone!
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

Workout: 0 (but tomorrow is going to be a biggie. 1000cals at least)

Cals Burned: 0

Reps: 150 core

HIIT: none

Stretch: 7 min
    Good habit: done (planked for 1 min!)
    Bad habit: done

My calorie burn for this week needs to be 1759.2!
    Still need to post on the main page re: flexibility. Also, already down a lb for this week, but we'll see if it sticks!
    Go sharks!!!