SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hey shark fans! This week has been a rough one on me. Having a hard time keeping my eye on the prize this week for some Reason but I did get some reps and walking in! And plan on some more today! Hopefully I can get through this funk of mine! It's getting very annoying!

Monday
    Work out 30 mins walking
    cals 150 burned
    Reps 100 - 25 bicep curls, 25 tricep kick backs, 25 squats, 25 dead lifts
    Stretching - 10 mins

Tuesday
    Work out walking - 60 mins
    Calories - 250
    Reps 100 - biceps triceps squats and dead lifts
    Stretching 10 mins

I need to post my stretching progress on the main page but I wont lie there's not a lot of progress lol most of mine just helps keep me from being so stoved up i can't walk. Not a lot of forward progress but no backwards lol
  • kristinc06837
    Options
    Wednesday!

Work out - Elliptical 45 mins
    Calories - 300
    Reps 200 - 50 Biceps 50 triceps 25 squats 25 sumo squats 25 lunges 25 front kicks
    Stretching 10 Mins

Here is a little pic that really resonated with me today and I hope it helps motivate some of you!

nx2cgh.jpg

I don't know if it is just hormones or what lately but I tell you I have had a really hard time staying positive lately I just keep getting my self in a foul mood and get really frustrated with not being able to function at an ability I'm used to. I love being pregnant and am so excited for my little girl but I am very excited to reclaim my body! Will have to say making my self work out today really really really helped get my mood in check so I will need to remind my self of that every day!

Hope every one has a good rep it up wednesday! :drinker:
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yes, Kristin, surely it's hormones...just stay with us...we'll all get through this together! :heart:

Wednesday...

workout: 60 minutes of yoga...261 calories
    HIIT: 7 minutes
    Stretch: 7 minutes
    Reps: 200 (50 each - core, cardio, UB, LB)
    (so much for repping it up...I just ran out of time today!)
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."

Thomas A. Edison

Wednesday

1. 38 mins, 396 cals kickboxing

2. 350 reps- 100 UB, 100 LB, 150 cardio

3. 7 mins stretching done, progress posted on main thread

4. HIIT 7:30 mins done
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Thursday– week 6

#1 Workout 63 mins (16 mins BL power walk/ 47 mins circuit training) / 648 cals (All required mins , w/o's & Calories done (166.25 x12=1995)).
    #2 Reps: zero done today ( all required done).
    #3 Stretching - 8 mins done(7mins x1day yet to be do/ flex post done)
    #4 HITT – 7 mins done ( 6-10 mins x1 day yet to do)

Hope you are all keeping well ....

Kristin, I am amazed that you are still keeping with it, at this late stage - you are an inspiration despite what you think :flowerforyou:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • fang19423
    Options
    I have heard it said that if you do what you always do, well then the results will be the same. So, I am trying to step things up a little. There was a special offer on and I have joined a 4 week-fitness class 4 days a week which incorporates weights ... (Gym membership is not an option for me). It means that I have to be at the class at 0715 4 mornings a week, this morning was my second morning ... I am hoping it will help but I am encouraged by none other than the great Albert Einstein and I hope you will be too. :smile:

SMBFOa5.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Ooh, how 'bout this? -

"Your stomach shouldn't be a waste basket."

Let's make smart choices, Sharks! Weigh-in TOMORROW - AGAIN!!! :noway:
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    strength-motivational_zps6930f3af.jpg
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I love all these encouraging post you are all putting up here! :flowerforyou:

Here is mine for today. I took it from something another MFP friend of mine quoted a few days ago:

"You are successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal."

That means we are ALL successes ... no matter what that scale says tomorrow :laugh: Here's hoping it smiles at us nonetheless :heart:

And Kristin - I echo what Mary said: YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! If we had all been as dedicated as you are when we were pregnant, maybe we wouldn't be having to work so hard at losing pregnancy weight later! I am still working on weight I now gained 12 years ago!!!! KEEP GOING! Whatever you can do helps you. I LOVE having you on this team. :love:
  • kristinc06837
    Options
    You ladies are the best :) seriously thank you for the kind words! Its just what I needed today!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo you guys are awesome and are really rocking it this week.....ooops wrong page GO WOLVERINES!!!!!!!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Wooohooo you guys are awesome and are really rocking it this week.....ooops wrong page GO WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

Thanks Faye ... we miss you on the shark team but I know there are some lovely people on the wolverine team too. You are doing great by the way and looking fabulous :smile:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Here are my results for Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday

SUNDAY:
    No workout, just reps and flexibility
    core reps: 150, upper body reps: 125, lower body reps: 50
    flexibility: 7 minutes

WEDNESDAY:
    Workout: 30 minutes walking
    Calories burned: 122
    Reps: 25 core (crunches) and 50 cardio (modified jumping jacks)
    Flexibility: 7 minutes
    HIIT: 6 minutes

THURSDAY:
    Workout: 115 minutes (circuit training, rowing machine, chair aerobics and stationary bike)
    Calories burned: 359
    Reps: 150 core (crunches), 100 upper body (wall push ups, bicep curls), 100 cardio (modified jumping jacks)
    Flexibility: 7 minutes
    HIIT: 8 minutes

I hope that the scale will reflect how hard everyone has been working!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharks! Remember to tighten your glutes while working out. If YOU don't squeeze your buns, NOBODY ELSE WILL! :devil:
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    Thursday

1. 78 mins, 883 cals- Tae Bo and Step

2. 150 reps- 100 UB, 50 LB

3. 7 min stretching done

4. 7:30 HIIT done
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Thursday:

workout: 30 minutes with Leslie...175 calories
    reps: 0
    stretch: 7 minutes

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    20 minutes each day... Nope:cry:
    MINUTES total = 210 ...0 Su, 0 M, 60 T, 30 W, 120 Th
    2927 calories ........ NOPE...Total = 1790 0 Su, 0 M, 580 T, 394 W, 816 Th
    150UB............200 (Thursday)
    150LB.............200 (Wednesday)
    150 CARDIO..........None
    150 CORE...........150 (Wednesday)
    5 DAYS OF FLEX..... Wednesday, Thursday 2/5 days
    FLEX POST..........DONE (I CAN TOUCH ALL BUT THE VERY BACK OF MY PALM TO THE FLOOR)
    HIIT 5 DAYS.............NONE:blushing:

POINTS...I have NO idea... I have done my kitchen sink most, but not all days. I am doing well with complaining all days. No smack or happy posts, didn't log, so no H2O or Na points

Sorry Sharkettes, I hope my #s help the GREATEST TEAM EVER. I will try to get 150 cardio reps in in the morning, but not much else. Working on the fence all day has my whole self aching. Thx for praying and encouraging me. And keep crushing the competition!!!:heart:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    caloriesfunnyquote.jpg

Better find some bug bombs or something.... Kill them sneaky little creatures so you can keep up with the Dolphins:bigsmile:
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

WORKOUT: 80 minutes Just Dance, 518 calories

REPS: 0

STRETCHING: 7 minutes

Wednesday

WORKOUT: 520 calories, 60 minutes Elliptical

REPS: 450 mix
    Lower Body
    150 leg presses

Upper body
    50 tricep extension
    50 low rows
    25 bicep curls
    25 upright rows

Core
    100 crunches
    50 hip raises

STRETCHING: 7

HIIT: 7.5 minutes

Thursday

WORKOUT: 435 calories, 65 minutes Just dance

REPS: 150 cardio
    50 butt kicks
    100 high knees

STRETCHING: 7

HIIT: 7.5 minutes

POINTS summary for week 6

#1 Water - 35 pts (M 5, T 5, W 5,Th 5, F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts (M 0pts,T 0pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #3 Workout -40/60 pts (M 10pts,T 10, W 10,Th 10,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #4 Bad Habit:_/25 pts (3/4 days)
    #5 Good Habit: _/25 pts 2/3 days)
    #6 Team Talk:0/7 pts
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts -

I did have a typo on the day I said I stretched for 5 minutes. It was the 7. I am copying and pasting and missed changing that. It has been a very long week and I haven't had much time to update here because my workouts had to be so long every night.

This week felt tough but I'm glad I got through it.

I will be posting this on the main thread, but when we started this challenge I couldn't touch my toes very easily, but now iris less of a struggle. I'm also using the stretch time as a time to decompress for the day.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY:

WORKOUT: 35 minutes circuit training and 32 minutes 2 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone = total 67 minutes
    Calories burned: 580

REPS: 50 sit-ups

FLEXIBILITY: 7 minutes

HIIT: 8 minutes

FRIDAY:

WORKOUT: 55 minutes circuit training and 5 to10 minutes general reps - didn't time exactly but was over 5 minutes! Will just record as 5 as really was just doing these to ensure I got my 60 minutes in! (Were lower body and core - none of these were counted below in reps! Did do 50 sit-ups first thing this morning which ARE counted in reps) Total 60 minutes.
    Calories burned: 621

REPS: 50 sit-ups (this has become my first thing to do in the morning item! Gets me moving!)

STRETCHING: 7 minutes (Can't believe I did this when I don't "have" to as have got all my stretching sessions in for this week. Must be beginning to like it :laugh: )

HIIT: None today - no time before 10 am!

SPREADSHEET UPDATE TO HERE!

The table is looking good Sharks! We have met ALL our team goals :bigsmile:

Get those last chance workouts in this morning though! All counts where it REALLY matters and helps that scale to smile :bigsmile:

GO SHARKS!