Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    #1 Water: 35/35 points
    #2 Sodium: 35/35 points
    #3 Workout: 55/60 points
    #4 Bad Habit: 25/25 points
    #5 Good Habit: -10 points (PHOOEY - missed ONE day!)
    #6 Team Talk: 7/7 points
    #7 Smack Talk: - 5/5 points

Total: 152 points

OK, another week... Let's FAR surpass our minimums this week and keep our diets in check so that we can blow everybody away! (ummm, I mean, accomplish great things...see huge results...REACH OUR GOALS!!!)
    (all of the above!)

Love you guys!!!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    mHetn16.jpg

Go on you are deserving ... do something to earn that body :flowerforyou:

And just for some encouragement ….

SJz8lRj.jpg
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes (made up of 35 minutes of circuit training, then a walk to the pool - which I didn't count as minutes but made it all a continuous "workout" time otherwise the next bit wouldn't count! - and then 25 minutes of swimming laps. Then had a nice hour of relaxing in pool with kids and friend with her kids :bigsmile: )
    Calories burned: 698

REPS: 50 core reps (sit-ups) (I plan to do 50 sit-ups each day as my core reps this week. Like to give myself extra challenges :laugh: )

STRETCHING: Did 7 minutes

HIIT: Did 8 minutes

Not yet posted re stretching goal progress.

POINTS for week 5:

I am incredibly proud of this :blushing: :

Water: full 7 days = 35 pts
    Sodium: full 7 days = 35 pts
    Exercise: 60 minutes (or more) on all 6 days (Saturday was rest day!) = 60 points
    Bad habit: Successful of 6/7 days - full 25 pts
    Good habit: Did my 5/7 days - full 25 pts
    Encouragement: Every day = 7 pts
    Smack talk - on Geckos = 5 pts.

That is the FULL possible 192 points :bigsmile: That was the challenge I set myself last week and I made it :happy: Not promising a repeat performance this week though :laugh:

This week I need to reign in my snacking. Unfortunately my weekend was very stressful and I went overboard in emotional eating on Friday and Saturday with my best friend. Will need to really exercise some self control this week if I am to break even on the weight, let alone to lose. Already gave in to some banana cake today :noway: :grumble: - my daughter is just too good at baking! (And I am too useless at self-control :blushing: )

Let's make this week a good one Sharks!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Good luck, Ali! It's funny how we're all different - I made my sons a banana cake on Saturday precisely because it was something that *wouldn't* tempt me! (It *does* smell good, though!)
    And good job on your full-point week...I've found that life gets in the way and makes that VERY tough! :drinker:
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You better be careful!!

JumpingTiger.GIF

The Tigers are stalking their prey!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Slimmama - you are being very brave :laugh:

Ali - fabulous job on the full points ... amazing work.

Monday – week 6

#1 Workout 35 mins (3.81 km walk) / 188 cals (W/O 30 mins x 3 days to go & 1435 mins to gol & 1478 calories to go (166.25 x12=1995)).
    #2 Reps: 1075 done (250 UB/250 LB/275 Cardio/300 Core) all required done.
    #3 Stretching - 7 mins done(7mins x4 days plus post yet to be do)
    #4 HITT – 7 mins done ( 6-10 mins x 3 days yet to do)

SPREADSHEET UPDATED
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Sunday

1. 28 mins, 310 cals Tae Bo

2. 700 reps- 150 UB, 150 LB, 200 core, 200 cardio

3. 7 mins stretching done

4. No HIIT

Hi Kristie, for it to count as a workout, it has to be 30 mins ... do you want to take a some reps from your totals and count it as circuit training .. to make up the 30 mins .... let us know and we will log up your workoutmins and reps accordingly - stretching recorded.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

Hey Mary. This week it said the minimum workout time is 20 minutes.

eta- Although I should go ahead and make it 30 mins so I can get the 5 points huh? Ok just add the 2 mins to make it 30 and don't record my cardio reps. So reps total will be 500.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Monday:

workout: 60 minutes with Leslie...350 calories
    HIIT: 12 minutes
    Stretch: 7 minutes
    Reps: 400 (100 each - core, cardio, UB, LB)

And, I am TIRED!!! I haven't had a lot of energy today, but I plowed through anyway...hopefully, a good night's rest will have me ready-to-go tomorrow!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sunday:

WORKOUT: 62 minutes Elliptical: 500 Calories Burned

REPS: 0

STRETCHING: 7 Minut5es

HIIT: 6 minutes

Monday:

WORKOUT: 527 calories, 80 minutes
    40 minutes walking , 197 calories
    40 minutes elliptical, 330 calories

REPS: 0

STRETCHING: Did my 5 minutes

HIIT: 7.5 minutes

POINTS summary for week 6

#1 Water - 5/35 pts (M 5pts,T 0pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #2 Sodium - 0/35 pts (M 0pts,T 0pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #3 Workout -10/60 pts (M 10pts,T 0pts, W 0pts,Th 0pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #4 Bad Habit:_/25 pts (1/4 days)
    #5 Good Habit: _/25 pts 1/3 days)
    #6 Team Talk:0/7 pts
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts -

POINTS total for week 5

#1 Water - 35/35 pts (M 5pts,T 5pts, W 5pts,Th5pts,F 5 pts, S- 5, Su 5pts)
    #2 Sodium - 10/35 pts (M 0pts,T 0pts, W 5pts,Th 5pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #3 Workout -25/60 pts (M 5pts,T 10pts, W 5pts,Th 5pts,F 0 pts, S- 0, Su 0pts)
    #4 Bad Habit:25/25 pts (4/4 days)
    #5 Good Habit: 25/25 pts 3/3 days)
    #6 Team Talk:1/7 pts (Tuesday)
    #7 Smack Talk: - 0/5 pts -

My calorie burn goal for the week is 207.9x12=2494.8 which I am rounding up to 2,500 calories. This means I have to burn a minimum of 500 calories a day. This is going to be a tough week but I already have two days down.

And I was extremely surprised to be in the top ten for weight loss. Great job to all of the sharks that made it there. Hopefully we can dominate it this week.
  • fang19423
    Options
    Sunday

1. 28 mins, 310 cals Tae Bo

2. 700 reps- 150 UB, 150 LB, 200 core, 200 cardio

3. 7 mins stretching done

4. No HIIT

Hi Kristie, for it to count as a workout, it has to be 30 mins ... do you want to take a some reps from your totals and count it as circuit training .. to make up the 30 mins .... let us know and we will log up your workoutmins and reps accordingly - stretching recorded.

Hey Mary. This week it said the minimum workout time is 20 minutes.

eta- Although I should go ahead and make it 30 mins so I can get the 5 points huh? Ok just add the 2 mins to make it 30 and don't record my cardio reps. So reps total will be 500.

Sorry Kristie, I missed that :blushing: ... though I have logged as you said and added 10 calories for the 2 mins circuit training.
  • fang19423
    Options
    Tuesday – week 6

#1 Workout 96 mins (50 mins circuit training & 46 mins LS walk away the pounds 3 mile walk) / 901 cals (W/O 30 mins x 2 days to go & 6 mins to gol & 577 calories to go (166.25 x12=1995)).
    #2 Reps: zero done ( all required done).
    #3 Stretching - 7 mins done(7mins x3 days plus post yet to be do)
    #4 HITT – 6 mins done ( 6-10 mins x 2 days yet to do)

• jaajh
    Options
    Thanks for updating the chart so regularly this week Mary :flowerforyou: Feel like I haven't been pulling my weight over the past few days! Sorry! Been busy helping my friend pack up her house, so I'm away from my computer more than usual.

I have just posted the following on the main page, about my stretching progress. Thought I'd copy it here too:

I have to admit ... I absolutely HATED the stretching parts of the challenge in the first few weeks, but although not exactly loving it yet, I don't mind it now! (Is that progress? laugh ) Maybe I am liking it more now that I DO see some results happy - I can now straddle my legs wider and although I am not yet at getting myself down to knee height when reaching forward (my goal) I am certainly getting closer. My head is almost down to knee height when I stretch over my legs, but stretching forwards is harder somehow (must be that stomach getting in the way laugh ) Seeing real progress though - and even find myself going OVER the number of required minutes of stretching sometimes noway - would NEVER have done that at the beginning!blushing

Then here are my stats for MONDAY (at least I can help by entering those on the chart for you Mary!)

WORKOUT: 35 minutes circuit training and 25 minutes aerobics = total 60 minutes
    Calories burned: 583
    (Still need 3 more days workouts and another 808 calories burned)

REPS: Did 50 core reps (sit-ups) and 200 cardio reps (100 jumping jacks, 50 high knees and 50 butt kicks)
    (Still need to do 50 core reps, 150 upper body and 150 lower body)

STRETCHING: Did my 7 minutes
    (Still need to do days)

HIIT: Did 8 minutes
    (Still need to do 3 days)

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE :laugh:
  • jaajh
    Options

I think I'm going to start doing REP IT UP WEDNESDAY again. As I did before, I'll still do my reps on the other days, but I'll push that little bit harder on Wednesdays. Anyone care to join me???

I will join you for Rep it up Wednesday! Will make myself push really hard and get not only the rest of my weekly reps in, but also lots of extra ... and now I have said it, I need to DO IT :love:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Some motivation for us all to keep on pushing ourselves:

Xq3PCx2.jpg

We CAN do this Sharks! Even if your calorie burn goal is a bit higher than usual, even if there is all sorts of "stuff" going on in your "normal" life right now ... whatever the situation, just push on through as best you can. We don't need to be perfect ... we just need to try our best :bigsmile:

I LOVE this team!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Ali - don't be daft, you do more than your fair share ... we all pop in and out as we can :glasses:

And I so like this quote " If it does not challenge us it won't change us" ... and I couldn't say it better "we don't need to be perfect ... we just have to try our best " - you are so on my wave length :bigsmile:

And my encouragement is:

7GHrlyr.jpg

Just don't stop ... keep going :flowerforyou:

Sv7WkV6.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen!"

and in the same vein...

"Don't wish for it; WORK FOR IT!!!"

Have a GREAT, productive Tuesday, Shark buddies!

:heart:
  • fang19423
    Options
    :blushing: I felt guilty that I had done no reps today even though I have met my requirement so I have added some to my Tuesday stats as follows: 50 each of cardio, core, LB, UB reps - Total 200. :love:

Go Sharks go.

UPDATED ON SPREADSHEET
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    MONDAY
    Workout: 255 minutes (ran 13 miles and did 75 min of yoga)
    Cals Burned: 1715 (45 calories left for the week!)
    Reps: 0 (150 UB, 150 LB, 150 cardio left-- 150/834 done for the week)

Stretch: 7 min
    Good habit: done (planked for 65 seconds!)
    Bad habit: done

Still need to post on the main page re: flexibility. Go sharks!!!
  • jaajh
    Options
    MONDAY
    Workout: 255 minutes (ran 13 miles and did 75 min of yoga)
    Cals Burned: 1715 (45 calories left for the week!)
    Reps: 0 (150 UB, 150 LB, 150 cardio left-- 150/834 done for the week)

Stretch: 7 min
    Good habit: done (planked for 65 seconds!)
    Bad habit: done

Still need to post on the main page re: flexibility. Go sharks!!!

Great burn there Kate! Well done!

I don't have your points for week 5. Could you let me know how many you had please. Thanks!
  • jaajh
    Options
    :blushing: I felt guilty that I had done no reps today even though I have met my requirement so I have added some to my Tuesday stats as follows: 50 each of cardio, core, LB, UB reps - Total 200. :love:

Go Sharks go.

UPDATED ON SPREADSHEET

:noway: You feel "guilty" about doing no reps today when you did 1075 yesterday :laugh: THANKS anyway for more reps for the team :bigsmile: YOU ROCK!

... And it is Rep it up Wednesday tomorrow! :bigsmile:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!