"Laziness fuels more laziness; activity fuels more activity."

Well, at least up to the point when you're completely give out, huh?! lol
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sharks,

Here are my week 6 points

#1 Water: 35/35 pts
    #2 Sodium: /35 pts (I don't know as I haven't been logging lately :embarassed: )
    #3 Workout: 40/60 pts(yes, got in my 60 minutes on 6 days again happy )
    #4 Bad Habit: 25/25 pts (7/7 days)
    #5 Good Habit: 25/25 pts (3/3 days)

Total: 125

To answer Pam's question, I used to log almost everything. I fell of off the wagon when it comes to that. I think I was just trying to see what it was like not to log (and I was being lazy).
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharks!

I'm trying to make it from Rotterdam to Amsterdam, which is 50 miles. That's aiming VERY high with my reduced activity level due to broken toes. We will see!

Here are my results from Sunday and Monday

SUNDAY:
    run/walk miles: 3 miles (substituted 9 miles on stationary bike per Sheri)
    workout miles: 0
    core reps: 100
    stretch time: 10 minutes
    fruit/veggie servings: 6

MONDAY:
    run/walk miles: completed
    workout miles: 12 (swimming fast laps 75 min. + stationary bike 30 min. + circuit training 15 minutes)
    stretch time: 10 minutes
    fruit/veggie servings: 4 (so far)

Let's kick some Tiger, Wolverine and Dolphin tail this week!!!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Ali - your mile calculations are spot on. :flowerforyou:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • fang19423
    Options
    My encouragement today so that we all reach our goals.

:heart: #1 Picture it
    :heart: #2 Plan ahead - you are used to planning your meals, but plan your wardrobe too. If you plan on having that 32” waist, (or smaller), buy a pair of pants with that lovely waist size and hang them so you can see them and work towards fitting in them.
    :heart: #3 Keep a log - we are all doing this but, keep at it log every morsel and every exercise, accountability is so important
    :heart: #4 Measure portions
    :heart: #5 Don’t allow junk in the house
    :heart: #6 Get a training buddy - make an appointment with someone for a walk or a training session, ensures that you won’t pull out.
    :heart: #7 Set a goal - long term and short term milestones are important
    :heart: #8Reward yourself - have a manicure or other treat when you reach a milestone.

Step by step and planned mouthful by mouthful, we will get there :bigsmile:
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Monday:

workout miles: 8 (50 min. circuit training, 20 min. HIIT)
    actual miles: 2 (walk)
    calories: 586 :noway:
    sit-ups: 40
    fr/veg: 3 (raspberries, salad, broccoli)
    stretch: 10 minutes

I entered my info on the chart...is it correct that the only place for 'actual miles' is at the beginning? That's what it looked like, so I changed my number there...let me know if I did that wrong!

OK, I'm going on a date tomorrow...and I cannot fathom a world in which I do not get an eggnog latte from Starbuck's! I've looked it up, and I almost passed out - 370 calories for a little one! :sick: But, we live an hour-and-a-half from a Starbuck's, so it's not like I can do this every day! (Thank heavens!) We also live in a 'dry' county, so I can't get a Long Island Iced Tea every day either...just sayin'! (Yes, this is pre-meditated!!!) So for tomorrow evening's entertainment, just drop by my food diary! :laugh:
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Mary, I love your encouragement/plan of action! Wisdom!

MONDAY
    WORKOUT 300 minutes (15 miles, 1576 cals) on the fence (carrying stringers & pickets, bending, lifting, holding things to be nailed in, pushing things into place, digging out high ground, stringing line, etc. etc. etc. and then putting all sawhorses, power tools, and such away. 5 hours non stop. walking was a good bit of the time, but never a steady 20 minutes at a particular pace, so just log it as w/o miles. Also, I feel like 15 miles is over the top, so I don't mind if it is cut down??
    REPS 0
    SIT-UPS 0
    FLEXING 10 minutes (Yes, Ali, 10 LOOOOONG minutes!:grumble: )
    FRUIT/VEGGIES 2 servings stewed tomatoes, 1 large salad with carrots and tomatoes (2 servings), 1/2c pumpkin (5 servings total)

10/35 Na Su M
    15/60 5 on Su/ 10 on M/
    BH & GH yes Su M
    2/7 Support Post (below)
    5/5 Smack Talk to Tigers (posted Su)

zOT0JKo.jpg

This was what it looked like mid way through today...
    XoPNhBB.jpg
  • fang19423
    Options
    Donna - your fence is getting there :bigsmile:

And a few more stats from me ...

MONDAY - week 7

#1 WORKOUT MILES: 54 mins biggest loser power walk (591 cals) 4 miles – using 1 for run/walk miles and the remaining 3 for w/o miles. = (15.64 w/o miles to do and all walk/run miles done)
    #2 REPS Core 300, SIT-UPS 30 (100 core / 70 s/up's yet to do)
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins done (10mins flex x 3 days yet to do)
    #4 Personal: FRUIT/VEGGIES x7 (2 more days to go)
    & Miles goal: Bettystown to Dun Laoghaire 13.36/35 miles done

TUESDAY - week 7

#1 WORKOUT MILES: 50 minutes circuit training (501 cals – at 10kclas pm this counts as vigorous activity so equates to 6 w/o miles so 9.64 w/o miles to do and all walk/run miles done)
    #2 REPS Core 300, SIT-UPS 30 (all core reps done / 40 s/up's yet to do)
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins done (10mins flex x 2 days yet to do)
    #4 Personal: FRUIT/VEGGIES (will post later)
    & Miles goal: Bettystown to Dun Laoghaire 18.36/35 miles done
  • fang19423
    Options
    Monday:

workout miles: 8 (50 min. circuit training, 20 min. HIIT)
    actual miles: 2 (walk)
    calories: 586 :noway:
    sit-ups: 40
    fr/veg: 3 (raspberries, salad, broccoli)

I entered my info on the chart...is it correct that the only place for 'actual miles' is at the beginning? That's what it looked like, so I changed my number there...let me know if I did that wrong!

Hi Pam, no you have it right, the walk/run miles do not go into the total miles so once you have your 3 minimum walk/run miles logged the rest can go into your workout miles. :bigsmile:
  • fang19423
    Options
    Mary, I love your encouragement/plan of action! Wisdom!

MONDAY
    Also, I feel like 15 miles is over the top, so I don't mind if it is cut down??

Donna you have earned your 15 miles with that calorie burn :drinker:

• fang19423
    Options
    My encouragement for today is just keep trying ... every little good decision is getting you there ...

VAnYjeJ.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    "The question isn't *CAN YOU?* ...it's *WILL YOU?*"

YES, WE WILL!!!

Let's work for results, Sharks!

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    You are all so fabulous! Love the distances you are all travelling this week :love: :flowerforyou:

@ Nonna - that fence is looking superb! Can't wait to see a finished photo (and I'm sure you can't either!) Love how this is building up all your muscles as well as helping you to get your miles in. I agree with Mary - you DESERVE those 15!

@ Mary - :heart: :heart: :heart: your motivation for yesterday. Really practical encouragement! THANK YOU!

And to everyone who agreed with me that 10 minutes is a VERY LONG TIME to stretch :happy: :happy: :happy: that I am not alone in feeling like this :laugh: But in the interests of fulfilling our challenge obligations, I know we will all just keep on stretching :bigsmile:

My week this week is crazy hectic. I love getting my workouts in early as that hour and a bit of workout/stretching is ME time this week! Rest of week is the usual balancing act of fitting work around family etc, but also this week helping my friend each day. SO MUCH for her to get done at home and hospital before they leave on Saturday morning :sad: So I might be less regular on here (i.e. only once a day :laugh: ) Prayers appreciated that I won't do any emotional eating this week! At the moment I've been too busy to snack (has it's advantages!)

MY MONDAY:

WORKOUT: 32 minutes circuit training (just over 3 miles) and then 32 minutes of brisk walking - exactly 2 miles. (For points, total 62 minutes) Total miles: 5
    Calories burned: 543
    (Walked 12 miles - still another 8 to get to my Nan's and then the 20 to get back home :laugh: )

REPS: Only 50 sit-ups today. (This has become my first thing in the morning habit! Gets me moving!)
    (Done all my sit-ups now, but am not stopping there!:bigsmile: Still need another 350 other core reps though!)

STRETCHING: Yes, did my TEN minutes today :bigsmile:

Fruit and veg: 3 again today.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE (which is only mine! Thanks Mary :flowerforyou: )
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    diving-tiger_3629_990x742.jpg
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    And I almost forgot my encouragement for today:

vhpic6f.jpg

Here's to lots of sweat Sharks!!! :bigsmile:
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hey sharks! Sorry my points are so late this week we have been internetless for the last couple of days but hopefully should be sorted out by thursday! Here's my points for last wee!

5/35 sodium
    30/60 Work out
    Bad Habit - minus 10
    Good Habit -25
    2/7 Support Post
    5/5 Smack Talk

Total - 92 points

Sunday
    #1 WORKOUT MILES: Moderate activity - 45 mins = 4 miles
    #2 REPS 100 - biceps triceps squats and sumo's 25 each
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins
    #4 Personal: FRUIT/VEGGIES 4 servings ate
    & Miles goal: To Chewelah which is 20 miles from here

Monday
    1. work out miles - 30 mins moderate activity - 3 miles
    2. Reps 100 = biceps triceps squats and sumos 25 each
    3. Flexing - 10 mins done
    4. Fruits and Veg - 3 servings

Tuesday
    1. Work out 30 mins mod activity - 3 miles
    2.Reps 200 - Bicep tricep squats sumo squats leg lifts and rows
    3. Flex - 15 mins done
    4. Fruits and Veg - 5 servings

And here is a little motivation for us today :)

260fona.jpg
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY
    WORKOUT 180 minutes (9 miles, 842 cals)
    140 min on the fence (7 w/o miles)
    40 min walking around the Lowe's parking lot with a cart of 2x10's waiting for Dan to return since only 3 will fit in my car...who knew? LOL! (2 actual miles)
    REPS 50 crunches, 50 leglifts, 50 woodcutters, 50 birddogs
    SIT-UPS 40
    FLEXING 10 minutes
    FRUIT/VEGGIES 2 servings stewed tomatoes, 1/2 c peppers&onions, 1/2 c kidney beans, (4 servings total)

15/35 Na Su M T
    25/60 5/Su 10/M 10/T
    BH & GH yes Su M T
    3/7 Support Post (below)
    5/5 Smack Talk to Tigers (posted Su)

n0AfxIA.jpg
    SxFsGcR.jpg
    94hK1wN.jpg
    99O6ysf.jpg

This was what it looked like mid way through yesterday...
    XoPNhBB.jpg
    This was this morning...
    0vIb60M.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Tuesday:

workout miles: 7 (40 minutes with Leslie; 25 minutes circuit training)
    calories: 407
    no reps today
    fr/veg: I'm claiming three, although the servings were small on two - red peppers, arugula, ceasar salad...technically, there *were* real fruit juices in the drinks that I had tonight at Red Lobster! :wink: :drinker:

And the calorie count wasn't as bad as I thought it would be today. I almost didn't log today 'cause I thought it would be horrible; now, I'm glad I did because I see that I can be relatively *bad* every now and then without completely wrecking all my efforts!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    MONDAY - week 7

#1 WORKOUT MILES: 60 mins Zumba Exhilarate = 6 miles (using the chart)
    Cals Burned:
    #2 REPS Core 100 (side plank raises and cross knee plank thingies), SIT-UPS 0 (300 core / 100 sit ups left)
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins done (10 minute youtube video)
    #4 FRUIT/VEGGIES - 4 Servings (I usually have at least three at lunch with my giant container of veggies)
    Miles goal: From my house to my sister's house= 34 miles (6/34 miles )

TUESDAY - week 7

#1 WORKOUT MILES: 44 minutes Turbo Jam: Cardio Party = 3 miles
    #2 REPS Core 0, SIT-UPS 0 (300 core / 100 situps left)
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins done
    #4 FRUIT/VEGGIES: 3 servings
    iles goal: From my house to my sister's house= 9/34 miles done

I find that if I put on a 10 minute youtube video or do 10 minutes of a really soothing yoga dvd, the stretching minutes kind of fly by.

I also plan to do my actual miles on Wednesday and REP IT UP.....I really need to step it up to get those miles though....
  • fang19423
    Options
    Hey sharks! Sorry my points are so late this week we have been internetless for the last couple of days but hopefully should be sorted out by thursday! Here's my points for last wee!

5/35 sodium
    30/60 Work out
    Bad Habit - minus 10
    Good Habit -25
    2/7 Support Post
    5/5 Smack Talk

Total - 92 points

Sunday
    #1 WORKOUT MILES: Moderate activity - 45 mins = 4 miles
    #2 REPS 100 - biceps triceps squats and sumo's 25 each
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins
    #4 Personal: FRUIT/VEGGIES 4 servings ate
    & Miles goal: To Chewelah which is 20 miles from here

Monday
    1. work out miles - 30 mins moderate activity - 3 miles
    2. Reps 100 = biceps triceps squats and sumos 25 each
    3. Flexing - 10 mins done
    4. Fruits and Veg - 3 servings

Tuesday
    1. Work out 30 mins mod activity - 3 miles
    2.Reps 200 - Bicep tricep squats sumo squats leg lifts and rows
    3. Flex - 15 mins done
    4. Fruits and Veg - 5 servings

@Kristin, for the moment we have not put your reps on the chart as they are meant to be core reps, however given that you are so heavily pregnant, I'm sure Sheri won't have a problem switching yours to UB reps. I will message her and then we can take it from there. You are doing great by the way.

@Donna - that fence is looking great ... by the way could you check the chart regarding your miles, just in case I got it wrong. I put 16 miles for your w/o miles and added 2 to your run/walk miles. Was this correct?

@Samantha - that is a great tip regarding the stretching, because I think we are all finding the 10 minutes a bit tedious

@Pam - a splurge now and again does the soul good, but the important thing is to stay accountable and keep logging it - you are doing great.

Added my own fr/veggies to chart as I didn't put them in my stats yesterday = 4