Optional mini-challenge: Week #1

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Dec. 2nd - Dec. 8th

Your (optional) mini challenge this week is to make a healthy food choice every day.

What this means is, on Monday, instead of adding the usual creamer to your coffee, you add nothing.
On Tuesday, instead of choosing a candy bar to beat your sugar craving, you choose a banana.
Etc.

Each day this week, stop by this thread to let us know what healthy food choice(s) you made.

Note: You won't be removed from the group for not completing this challenge as it's optional.

Replies

• RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Humm, this will be easy for me (or can't do challenge) because I don't eat sweets, and I eat very healthy, nothing to replace bad choices, for I choose healthy choices to begin with.
  • NEWYEARNEWME2014
    NEWYEARNEWME2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    drinking tea with honey ,lemon instead of coffee.
    Starting to eat oatmeal most mornings too.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I normally eat very healthy too but today I chose to make butternut squash soup to fill me up instead of having chips (or fries for the americans) with my dinner. Im still eating pizza but its homemade so pretty healthy.
    For the rest of the week I will try to avoid crisps (or chips for the americans!) and eat some fruit or veg instead. crisps are my go to food when I am hungry between meals.
  • teacup98
    Options
    Today I used reduced fat butter and Truvia on my oatmeal, instead of a little regular butter.
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I bought presliced carrots as an afternoon snack to have instead of potato chips.
  • LifesAStage
    Options
    Chose water over diet soda! :)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Chose water over diet soda! :)
    [/quote

This is one I've mean trying to do for years!! :grumble: At one time I told myself....Okay, before you have a soda you have to drink a glass of water. I did that for 2 days....then back to just soda. I am so addicted. I have read sooooo many articles good and bad about the subject. I only drink diet (which is another subject all on it's on). I will have to see how well you do with this one.

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you succeed!! :drinker:
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had grilled fish, JUST one serving of rice pilaf, and 2 servings of broccoli for dinner!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Just saw this and so it looks like it begins tomorrow (Monday), so I'm in.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This challenge starts tomorrow, but I did it today. Drank water instead of soda (I think this will be a popular one, lol).
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I ate 1 serving of soup instead of 2 (a whole can) and saved the rest in the fridge. I also drank water instead of soda.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    No candy but had a banana
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    No candy but had a banana

You are so funny Be.....all the candy is suppose to be gone by now, right?? That was in October!!! :laugh:
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Had roast chicken breast for my breakfast rather than sugary cereal; also just one coffee this morning with only one sugar in :)
  • Julie61ann
    Julie61ann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    November 1st - water instead of pop! (by the way i found an easier (for me) way to give up pop...If you have a hard time switching from pop to water first start by eliminating caffeine pop for about a month (I still drank 7-up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, Orange, etc..) then when you have that under control it seem to be easier to give up all pop)

Good luck everyone!
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I chose 2 clementines as a lunch snack instead of a slice of pumpkin bread.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This morning I went into a convenient store to buy suckers for my 6th period class. I was so tempted to buy a chicken and cheese crispito because I LOVE them but instead I chose to stick with my crunchy granola bars. Whew...man, this is HARD! Haha!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Dec. 02

Just raided the fridge for a snack, I was starving after my swim this morning. We still have turkey and I really wanted 1/2 of a sandwich but settled for just 1.5 oz of turkey instead and a cutie tangerine.
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My healthy choice will be to not eat all the carbs in sight when i get off my 12 hour shift today! (its what I do, but not any more!!!) :smile:
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    No milk in my morning cuban coffee. I will do this for the rest of the month.