Any feedback on diary?? New to ketooo

Options
Hi guys,
I'm new on keto and having some troubles making a good diet plan. I kinda eet a lot (really a lot) of nuts and dont know if there keto friendly. when i first started this week i was really motivated and felt the weight faling off. And now just feel big and heavy.
Feel free to check my diary for any helpful tips!!

Replies

• allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I only looked at one day of your diary, but I noticed a lot of carbs coming from those Keto muffins. May I ask what is in them, as it seems high carb for a low carb diet plan. Looks like you're eating healthy, but still higher carb. Have you tried adjusting your macros for a more keto friendly approach?
    Usually about 80% fat, 15% protein, and 5% carbs. This may help you out to see where each of your macros are being hit or not hit.
    Also, not sure if you're tracking water or not ( I do rarely on MFP) but you should get like 100oz of that a day.
    I too am new and struggling. A lot of the Keto peeps here are so great though. Hope you make it!!
  • Eva1991H
    Options
    Hi Allison,
    Thank you for the help! Yes I made them this morning fresh. There made of only home made almond flower (plain almonds), eggs, very little bit milk, few blueberrys, coconut oil and baking soda. That's pretty much it.
    I really believe that lots of these foods should be in diet, but just small portions. Is it possible to eat nuts and still be on keto?
    Or is it just green veggies, eggs, meat and fat? Complicated in the beginning!! ;-)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have been eating nuts like a madwoman. I realized that my favorite ones are high in carbs (cashews), so once I finish eating them (I'm not wasting food no matter what!) I'm going to stick to Macadamia nuts, as they are one of the lowest carb nuts. Almonds are good because the carbs are mainly fiber, which is a net carb (OK to have, needed for digestion etc). I ate a ton of peanuts and hazlenuts this weekend, like a whole bag of them. Each. oops.

I am interested in finding out how dairy fits into people's keto world.
    I love cheese, milk, etc and it's low carb and high fat, however, it's got lactose in it (natural milk sugars). I have read that some people do not do well with dairy on Keto because of this. I know that any dairy you do consume should be full fat (I've never been one to drink whole milk, and now I love it, so rich and yummy).

Hopefully someone can give a better answer to the nuts on keto thing!
    UPDATE: Just found this, may help: Nuts are also a good source of fat and other nutrients. However when it comes to nuts it is important to remember that not all nuts are not good as keto food. Some examples of good nuts to eat are Brazil nuts which have a low amount of carbs and Brazil nuts also contains a high amount of selenium. Macadamia nuts have a very high amount of fat and contain iron and B vitamins. Hazelnuts contains a lot of vitamin E and they also only contain 3.4% carbohydrates. Almonds contains a lot of vitamin E, iron, zinc and calcium. They however contain about 6% carbohydrates which is a little high percentage.

Remember that Peanuts are not a nut but a legume. It has a high carbohydrate percentage at 10% so you should try to avoid peanuts. Cashew nuts are also very high in carbohydrates with a 18.7 percentage so also try to avoid the Cashew nuts.

This was from a site called www.dietketo.com. Have never seen the site before, not sure how reliable it is, but I mean, it's pretty basic.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    10 almonds as a quick snack is my limit on nuts! i LOVE nuts but i find them too easy to go overboard with. Same with Blueberries.. man .. if i open a packet of those thats them as good as gone. Things that you can mindless pick up and chomp on are a no no for me personally.!

RE milk, try unsweetened almond milk... very low in carbs and calories and leaves a delish nutty flavour in coffee.. But try to move to cream as the fat will keep you fuller for longer and go towards making your macro % correct. Some people find they cannot loose with a bunch of dairy.. others can its really personal and you will need to experiment.
    If you are finding it tough to loose reduce the cheese you ingest and go from there
  • DavePaulson
    DavePaulson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can eat both nuts and cheese in moderation. Milk has a lot of sugar and should be avoided. Eva I noticed your diary settings have not been changed to reflect a keto diet, to do this go to My Home > Goals > Change Goals Button > select the Custom radio button > Continue > then change the percentages of fat protein and carbs to what you want. I use 10% Carb 25% protein 65% Fat.