Replies

• dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm Starting from today.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Awesome -- I will send you a friend request. It'd be good to be doing it "with" someone.
  • Preciousone86
    Options
    I just finished my first week today and tomorrow is my "Rest" day (I'm not following the right schedule because I just wanted to get started), I would love to do it with you guys. I started it early in the Spring but I never made it past week 3, hopefully some other ppl will help me hold myself accountable. Lol.
  • SherylMary
    SherylMary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I completed 1 round of JMBR last fall and then did Focus T25, along with training for my first half marathon. I just started my 2nd round of JMBR this past Friday. Today was W1D4, workout 1. I'm subbing her cardio 1 workout for one of my Focus T25 workouts or running or another Jillian workout.
  • pplf2001
    Options
    I'm adding both you ladies as friends. I just finished W1D3 - the Cardio excercise. I can see why some of the other threads were complaining about the running man!

I also have a 5K coming up on 12/21 - weather permitting. Also will have an 8K in early march.
  • SherylMary
    SherylMary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add! It's always nice to have support from others who are also going through JMBR. The running man is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!! :) I plan on subbing some T25 workouts along with running and even Zumba for my cardio days. Good luck with your races - you're going to do amazing!!

Registration opens in mid-December for the half marathon. Last year I registered right when it opened because then it gave me a solid goal to train for. I'm going to get as far as I can with JMBR and then I'll start focusing on training for my half in mid to late January.

****UPDATE - 4 days in and I'm already down 1.8 pounds!! I'm so happy to finally see the scale start moving in the right direction!! :)
  • tfire77
    tfire77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    would love to join you on this journey. I am on week 2 day 3 so a little ahead but not by much. So far loving the fact that it is 30 mins so I can fit it in even on the crazy days.
  • karrindrwd
    karrindrwd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started on the 30th. I'm so surprised at how much I improved after doing the cardio workout. Don't skip it! It really helps.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I am starting this again. I got as far as week 6 a few months ago and then stopped and went with a more conventional lifting routine. I too am training for a half marathon and doing stronglifts 5x5. Looking forward to seeing everyone's results. How was T25 been looking at this and insanity for a while not sure which to go with.
  • pplf2001
    Options
    Excited to see all these others grouping up here -- I'm sending a few more friend requests out to the new posters! I had to take yesterday off because of travels - but started on Sunday, so I think I'm back on the same schedule as those who started Monday!
  • pplf2001
    Options

****UPDATE - 4 days in and I'm already down 1.8 pounds!! I'm so happy to finally see the scale start moving in the right direction!! :)

AWESOME! Keep it up.

I'm so impressed that you're training fora half marathon... maybe once we get out of snow season I'll train for a longer race too...
  • pplf2001
    Options
    How's everyone doing after week 1?
  • amynoelhall1
    amynoelhall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started this week, and I'm on day 4. I just finished her Ripped in 30 program, so I was worried that the first JMBR workouts would be too easy. HA! I'm doing the "advanced version" of many of the moves and I'm so sore!

I really haven't exercised regularly in the last two years (high-risk pregnancies, followed by having a newborn), so even after RI30, I still feel like I'm pretty out of shape. I have a long way to go with the planks, push-ups and cardio. I'm so in awe of you ladies that are training for half-marathons. That is awesome and I hope I can get there one day. :-)
  • tfire77
    tfire77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started this week, and I'm on day 4. I just finished her Ripped in 30 program, so I was worried that the first JMBR workouts would be too easy. HA! I'm doing the "advanced version" of many of the moves and I'm so sore!

It always surprises me that I am got this! Or it isn't so hard and then the next day I am oye ohh ehh I am sore.
  • LittleMissFit24
    Options
    Are you guys still at it? I just finished week one of phase 2!
  • latasha712
    Options
    I'm new to this and starting today! I hope that we can still encourage each other!