Low Carb Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes

Options
MermaidTX
MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
I made these tonight after perusing recipes all afternoon & put together what sounded good to me based on what I had on hand. I reeeeally like the way they turned out, they were so fluffy & tasty!

2 medium (or small) eggs
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
2 tsp sugar free maple syrup
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Pinch (or 2) of ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup + 1 heaping tsp Almond meal/flour
Coconut oil for your skillet

Mix wet ingredients thoroughly (eggs, pumpkin, syrup)
Add spices & baking powder to wet ingredients & mix thoroughly
Add Almond meal/flour to wet ingredients & mix thoroughly.
Let pancake batter sit for 10-15 minutes

Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat & add coconut oil to coat (1-3 tsp depending on size of skillet)
Spoon in batter to make pancakes about 3 inches wide (they need to be small so you can flip them. Don't crowd the skillet because you'll need extra room to maneuver these to flip)
Cook until the bottom gets golden brown
Flip & cook til brown
Serve with your favorite LC toppings (butter, SF syrup, berries, almond butter, etc)

I made 7 small pancakes. Here's the scoop (includes the coconut oil for cooking):

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
Batch
Total: 501 8 44 17 3
Per : 72 1 6 2 0
Pancake

I was out of vanilla which is why I used the SF maple syrup. I didn't want these to have an eggy taste & they didn't. They tasted more like a whole grain type pancake but not overly strong pumpkin either.

I had fresh yard eggs which were on the small side of medium. If you have large eggs might want to tweak the recipe.

Replies

• confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yum! To cut cals I'm gonna try this with coconut flour.. will report back! :happy: Thanks, OP!
  • simplypanda
    simplypanda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So... I printed this recipe to try a while back and recently tried them for the first time and so far... I've made them 3 times this week! They're awesome! Thank you!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this over the weekend - the recipe I found online and tried...well they were more like...scones. LOL

@thedealonketo, I usually mix coconut and almond meals 50/50 when I bake. I tend to like that, it doesn't have too much of either flavor.

@MermaidTX, what is the purpose of letting the batter sit for 10-15 min? Just curious. :)
  • karolinagirl72
    karolinagirl72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing! I have all of the ingredients, so I think I'll be making these tomorrow morning!

:happy:
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lol - I'm eating a batch of lc pancakes as I'm reading your recipe. Thanks, I'll give it a try. The one I'm eating has almond flour, 2 eggs, salt, sweetener, water and I added cinnamon. Topped it with some berries I had in the freezer and s/f syrup. Your recipe sounds delish!