Diet -- I can't do those dinners!!

Options
kwoww9797
kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
I'm getting ready to start this program. I'm excited and hope I can stick with it. Friend me if you'd like... I need encouragement!

So reading thru the book I'm looking at the diet. I think I can do the breakfasts, snacks, and lunches for the most part. I'm gonna try to buy cottage cheese and try it, I could never eat it before because of the way it looks, but I'm determined to try it. :tongue: Those dinners are too much for me. I don't cook like that. Does anyone have alternatives they could offer me? Friend me is I can see your food diary and get some ideas....please!!!

Anyway, my real question is, what's the most important part of the diet? It says something in the book about consuming 30% of your intake as protein, so where do the other 70% of calories come from?

Thanks for your help! I'm starting today!

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've never actually made anything in the book. I"m eating more or less the same and adding a bit more protein. :) Good luck!
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've just finished NRoL4W and am about to start Supercharged and I've never made any of the dinners out of the book either (the mexican tuna salad in the lunch section is one of my favourites though), but I do keep to the 30% protein rule, the other macros equal out at 40% carbs and 30% fats. Basically the recipes are just suggestions on how to maintain the 40/30/30 plan, they don't expect you to eat only those meals. You're welcome to check out my food diary if you're in need of ideas, I eat lots of different types of foods.
    Hope you enjoy the program as much as I did!
  • kwoww9797
    kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I couldn't find the 40/30/30 anywhere.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You don't have to follow the eating plan. I'm carb-cycling while lifting (just started stage 2 on Monday) and am having awesome results. Just saying.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I dont' follow the diet plan much either. I still do TDEE (same thing that the book has you do) but I don't follow the 40/30/30, because it isn't what works for me. I prefer 45/25/30 or 50/25/25 because of my running (yes I still do my cardio). But that is what works for me.