Mino Aanji Bimaadiziwin

Mino Aanji Bimaadiziwin is an Ojibwe phrase meaning good changes for life. Since we are half way thru this class, what good changes have you made, as a result of being in this class? (think of your progress in the cardio cage, any new knowledge about American Indians culture, diabetes, food and nutrition choices, pop v water, weight loss or muscle gain, trying new foods...)

Replies

• Ever since I join DETS I have learn way more about diabetes than before as well as what pops can do to your body.I also became healthier and stronger due to the food that we ate because I usually don't eat that much vegetables in a day.
  • I BEEN MORE ACTIVE CAUSE WE GO TO THE GYM ON TUSDAY AND THURSDAY.
  • ive been doing better in the cardio cage and ive been mre active ever since i found out i wasnt in the top 5 for the winning prizes.
  • I've noticed that I've been drinking more water and way less pop than before I started this class.
  • Joining this class helped me remember the basic facts about preventing diabetes and is helping me now to improve my knowledge on diabetes. I have gotten stronger from the cardio workouts that we have been doing for the last few weeks. Although I dont drink pop i still continue to drink a lot of water.
  • Ever since i joined DETS i learned many things about diabetes. On the days we go to the cardio cage i run laps and ride the bikes. This class is fun because i have friend in this class the more friend the more fun i'll have.
  • Joining this class help me a lot because it helps me with what food should I avoid eating and the food I should be eating. The one big thing I like about this class is cardio cage and other exercises that helps me promote good heath. But one thing that really interest me was that Native American, they have the most diabetes.
  • every since joining DETS i have learned more about the native american culture like the Dakota 38.i alos get to try new foood that i know i wouldnt try if i want in this class
  • TM9nh
    TM9nh Posts: 6
    Joining this class has made me more active because when I leave school, I don't do anything else then eat and sleep.
  • WHEN I JOINED THIS CLASS I CAN GO TO THE GYM EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY AND PLUS WHEN I GO HOME I GO TO THE GYM EVERY TUESDAY AND MONDAY SO I GO TO THE GYM WAY MORE SINCE I JOINED THIS CLASS!!!
  • I am happy to be in this class again because i get to see the same people as last year and i like to watch others play the xbox and we play cards. Danielle is cool too :P.