Meeting 1200-1300 Calories

Options
Hello All,

I'm new to this group. I have been reading a lot of the posts to get encouragement. Since I started trying to lose this weight, I am often having a difficult time meeting the 1200-1300 calorie count. I do the three day diet then four days I try to keep it reasonable. For some reason, the foods that I am eating don't really come to 1200-1300 calories. I try to eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. I need some helps coordinating daily menus that meet 1200-1300 calories without a lot of cooking.

Thank you

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Adding in a serving of nuts or peanut butter would probably go a long way. A teeny portion can have 200 calories.
  • 1NinaBerry1
    1NinaBerry1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made my diary public. Today is a perfect example of what I eat when I'm on a roll. Lunch stuff all goes in a salad. It's easy but you have to get all the groceries one day and then prep. No cooking involved...I usually chop 2-3 days of veggies and then throw the stuff together in Tupperware and off to work. I ziplock the baby carrots, strawberries, grapes or any other "snack" in advance so they're good to go when I pack my lunch! I also keep cutie tangerines, apples and bananas on hand as a grab & go. This gives me variety in my snack selection. Don't forget dairy...50 calorie yogurt or cottage chz is good protein & easy!
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nuts are diefinitely a good suggestion =]

Try adding something into the foods that you already eat?

Example: I add chia seeds to my yogurt & oatmeal for more nutritional value & it would increase your calories too :flowerforyou:
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My diary is also public, but feel free to add me anyway. If you pre-plan meals it should make it much easier.
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    on Sundays i make a soup to last me a few days ( i eat for dinner cause i'm usually starving after i exercise).

last week i made a vegetable soup because i had a lot of standard veggies leftover from thanksgiving.
    i sauteed (1 cup of each) chopped onions,bell pepper, celery, carrots, asparagus, zuchinni, yellow cherry tomatoes, and 2 cups of cabbage in 2 TB of olive oil.
    Added garlic salt, pepper, talian spices, and one can of Rotel Tomatoes with mild green chilies, 2 cups of fat free chicken broth, and 2 cups of water. simmered for 20 minutes. serves 6 good sized servings. about 100 calories per serving.
    I like sandwiches in the evening with my soup. I have a different soup every week; make it on sundays.
    It works for me. I do measure and add all the calories in a recipe and then divide by 6 to get an idea how many calories i'll be eating per serving or how much i can eat to stay in my goal.
    I like to focus on very clean breakfast (200 calories) i eat lunch at a restaurant, and always eat clean dinner at home. It keeps my calories 1200-1300. If i eat out 2 meals a day, my calories are way over 1300 calories and i hate myself. So i try to eat just one meal out. hope my info helps a bit. i learn from others too. Love MFP!