Like Minded Lushes December 2013

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Gary that is just wrong wrong wrong in so many ways. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, men and their balls...with 3 boys I know how sacred they can be...I say, be glad that's the only thing you guys have to worry about. Those bladder sling commercials are note worthy for us gals.

Robin, enjoy the girls and the vacation...much needed I am sure

I just got home from Japanese steakhouse with friends...Time for bed...it's my weekend off so I am sure to be :devil:

5 drinks tonight - moderate by my standards!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Robin I applaud u...im my opinion I'd much rather spend time then buy gifts...len and I haven't done gifts in years....we treat ourselves all year. I love that u go out and visit and do the important things all year long!

today I started drinking at 11:15....gotta love beer events :bigsmile:

that said almost time to head home and continue on!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays to all!

Back at it, again. After 3 weeks of pure laziness, and eating food I normally never, ever eat I am promising myself I WILL LOG ALL CALORIES. <Repeat to self> 15 lbs came on just that quick. :sad:

Friday Lots of tequila and dt 7 up
    Sat 12 Natural Lights
    Sun ? Rest of the tequila?

Started a new job now. The old one was 5 months and that ***** manager was plain evil. I'm glad to be rid of that. It was just crazy, the tension and degrading comments unreal. I see how I react to that.... !

Looking forward to the new year. :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Glad you got out of that crummy work situation Cat!!!! Happy holidays to you :flowerforyou: good to see you around these parts again!

So husband left for London last night and as always I was anxiety ridden until he landed. Of course I couldn't even calm my nerves with wine this time and only had one glass of the faux stuff so it was a looooong night. He finally texted me when they landed which was about 4:15am our time. After that I finally went to sleep and am much better now. It being Sunday means football all day with housework at the commercials and thanks to my dear friend Eve I now have plenty of my faux bubbly to sip =} It may not be the real deal but the simple act of sipping faux champagne out of a nice glass is still pretty relaxing :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Holidayworkout_zpsb62f1f4b.jpg
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes! I am proud to say I actually moderated very well this weekend. Stayed in Friday because of the snow and had 2 glasses of wine and 2 cocktails. Saturday had a party and drank probably 4 glasses of wine and a cocktail, 1 more when we got home and went to be dearly again. Since I was so good both days, I had about 4 glasses of wine at family birthdays yesterday. I had a small glass while I was cooking in the afternoon. Then I had a cocktail when I got home. I was never hungover this weekend and I slept great every night. Now if I could just always drink like this.....catch a buzz, and stop before I get drunk.

M - 0
    T - 0
    W - 3
    R - 2
    F - 4
    S - 6
    S - 5
    TOTAL 20

I doubt I'll drink tonight, although I do have a little ginger beer left in the fridge. I've been drinking dark and stormies lately. Dark rum with diet ginger beer and a lime. I love them. I actually find that I drink liquor slower. I nursed a cocktail at the party Saturday for about an hour, then downed 2 glasses of wine in about 30 minutes. Damn wine.....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Friday drank more than I should have....1/2 goose island bcs and 3 cocktails! Damn cherry vodka is too good :wink:
    Saturday-Len and Isplit about 4 beers at the beer event then came home and split a growler...stayed up too late, considering we started at 11am, oh well. Didn't feel too bad yesterday.
    Sunday-1 egg nog and dark rum
    Not sure what the week will bring. Might stop for some wine tonight??!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Got all the decorations done...the tree we will get sometime this week. My shopping is done...so I basically am ready for my baby to come home on Friday! His last final is today but because of his job as a RA he has to stay until the dorm closes. He also has to head back early...I love how much his job saves us in $$ and how grown up its made him but I do resent the time it takes away from him being home. :grumble: I know I should just be grateful for any time he's home..soon enough he'll be out on his own completely.

I got into the whiskey Friday night..had about 3 or 4 so I kept it to a zero on Saturday. I drank wine Sunday while I decorated...3 glasses.
    Probably more wine this week. The pounds are slooooowlyyy coming off. II'd love to drop 5 before year end.

Have a good week everyone! :drinker: :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My weekend was pretty lushie, see if I can remember
    Hoiliday party Friday-I had a vodka tonic, glass of wine and then 2 or 3 beers
    Saturday my husband had a set at comedy works and I went to that, I had 7 beers
    Sunday-friends' party, I had three beers and three glasses of red wine

This week, I plan to drink tonight but I don't know about the rest of the week.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes! Sounds like most of you had pretty great & lushy weekends! :drinker:

My weekend was pretty good...

Friday night - dinner with hubby & a bottle of wine & a few beers;
    Saturday - went to hubby's friend's surprise party in Manhattan...which was quite possibly the WORST party I've even been too. The wife (who I do not like) didn't invite many of his good friends, mostly his work friends...and it was just awkward. Thankfully the one person who showed up who my hubs & I knew had us leave with him at 11pm (when the party was over..WHAT?!?)...and we went to the bars & had an awesome time. LOTS of drinks were had :bigsmile:
    Sunday - ZERO! Way too tired & just wanted lots of sleep.

Tonight I have to go grocery shopping after work (it's like 17 outside, but with the wind...feels like 5 GREAT!)....and then I hopefully will get a super quick workout in...or I'll just have a couple of the blue moons that are in our fridge & call it good. LOL. I deserve that for grocery shopping in freezing cold weather...right?!?! I think so! :laugh:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kat! Appreciate it! This job will be nice....albeit no benefits. argh. Sounds like you are doing good with mama hood....soon, sooner than you think, that bundle of joy will be here. :smile:

Sunday: was a ? rest of the tequila. Oh no, just two Big Gulp size wines, sangria; and THEN a couple of stiff tequila and 7 ups. hehe But I counted every calorie.

Monday: two Big Gulp size wines. sigh
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Went with a rare zero last night!

I am "working from home" today because we r supposed to get 3-7in of snow. Soooo I'll keep an eye on my email and make those fruitcakes I was supposed to do sunday. I see a cocktail or two in my future!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    0 for me last night too. We've got snow in KY, enough to close the public schools, but apparently not enough to close day care, so no snow day for me. Boo.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 2 drinks
    Fri - 4 drinks
    Sat - 5 drinks
    Sun - 2 shots whiskey
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Woke up to 33 degree temps...I know you winter snow birds are used to those temps but this SoCal girl froze her *kitten* off this morning!
    More wine last night. Usual.
    Maybe I'll shoot for a zero tonite..not sure I will have time to exercise today..carpets are being cleaned then I'm off to the salon to get pampered. Can't mess up the highlighted hair after that :laugh:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Oh Sydney...33 degrees? It was 9 here. LOL. But yes, I am a Kansas girl & used it to!

Last night ended up being 0. I went grocery shopping after work (and they were out of stock on so many things!), so I was upset. I stopped at Chipotle on my way home since I didn't want to cook, and then I ended up going to bed super early! Didn't workout though :( I have my gym bag in my car, but my hubby may have the flu so I won't be too surprised with myself if I go straight home to him if he stays home from work so I can make him soup for dinner. Or I may just go to the Y for like 30 minutes. I'll see how I feel later on.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning lushes. I was really shooting for a zero last night, but after a really crappy day I told myself if I went to the gym and still feel like I needed a glass of wine, I could have one.

Turns out the gym was just as crappy. Everything (equipment) was taken, people were getting in my way and I just wanted to scream at everyone! It took me almost 10 minutes to find parking, which is unusual for my gym and I almost turned around and went home. GRRR. Some idiot guy was standing at the squat rack loaded with like 250 lbs and could barely move it off the rack. When he finally got it off the rack, he did like a 1/4 squat all while grunting insanely loud and rested for another 2 minutes before attempting one more.. :grumble: Ok, rant over.

Hoping to really make it a zero tonight, but we'll see how the day goes :)
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Ram..I really hate when I've have a crappy day and go to the gym (despite not wanting to) to blow off steam...and just get more pissed off!! I can totally related to that!! There have been nights that I've driven all the way to the gym, couldn't find a parking spot ANYWHERE...and just go home cause I'm so pissed off by that point. LOL. Seems to happen a lot in January....HAHA.

Hope you're having a better day today!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Snowing here in CT today!!! First real snow and it looks so beautiful outside :bigsmile: So the babes and I are all snowed in and luckily we have power today. We lost it yesterday for whatever reason but luckily it wasn't for too, too long. Just wish husband was home, snowed in with us but he'll be home tomorrow night :smile: Only to pass out from jet lag and then have to spend Thursday in New York, my business man is a busy bee but hopefully Saturday after some rest we can have a nice dinner together :heart: