Consult with surgeon cancelled - bah!

Options
adiggs2777
adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
I was supposed to meet my surgeon today. This afternoon at 3:30pm CST. But I got a call at about 10:45 this morning and they had to cancel as he had an emergency. I'm so bummed. I was quite looking forward to it. The next available appointment is in January. Anyhow, I just wanted to whine and be all "sad Andrea" for a minute. I'm hoping this doesn't make my insurance angry since they want me to have monthly appointment and this was supposed to be my December monthly appointment. Is the surgeon just going to go over what I can expect in my surgery?

In other news, I re-lost all my thanksgiving weight, and bought a kettlebell so I can do kettlebell swings now at home. :) My gym doesn't let you use the kettlebells unless you are with the personal trainer.

Replies

• kimk1999
    kimk1999 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear. I meet with my surgeon tomorrow morning for my pre-op appointment. I'm scheduled for surgery this coming Monday. I have not heard if my insurance will approve or not, so that's my scary thing and I can understand your worry. My only real scheduled monthly appts was with the diet doctor. Good luck. Maybe call them back often and ask if they had any cancellations.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that BCBS doesn't need me to have a visit this month. So I am going to reschedule for next month. I feel like meeting with the surgeon makes this all more real.

Also, I like your tiny, tiny cat.