For anyone that uses a Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hey Everyone!

So I just got my first heart rate monitor yesterday (Polar FT4). I know that some of you use a HRM while doing Jillian's Body Revolution workouts. I know that everyone's calorie burn is different, but I'm curious to see what everyone else burns while doing her workouts. If you don't mind letting me know, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

P.S.
I'm only interested in the strength training workouts, not really the cardio ones. Thanks :)

Replies

• PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    mine is due to come in tomorrow, ive been chomping at the bit since i ordered it! when I log circuit training in MFP it shows up as 274 calories burned, i'm curious to see how acurate that actually is...
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use one. Usually the HRM says between 290 to 320 at the moment and I'm on 11, 12 and cardio 3. Early on in the program it was as low as 260 sometimes but it's stayed above that mostly, even though I've adjusted my weight a couple of times.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I already completed the program and used the same HRM. Most all the strength programs I burned around 230-250 calories, but I didn't get discouraged at such a low amount because of the continuous afterburn. Your burn will obviously be affected by age, weight, and height. I am 42, 5'6", and 165 pounds.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Generally high 200s to low 300s for me.
  • kelbelll83
    Options
    Thanks guys! When I used it yesterday for workout 11 it said I burned 354 which I thought was a little high. I have to figure out the whole heart rate zone thing lol.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1=305
    2=303
    3=290
    4=368
    5=381
    6=371
    7=368
    8=300
    9=329
    10=326

cardio 1= 305
    cardio 2= 303
    cardio 3= 316

I burned more on the first workouts but the numbers are when I went back and did each one again as I let my shoulder heal before hitting 9/10. I strained it using too heavy a weight lying on my back with my butt up in a bridge and you were to bring the weights over your head and then back down to your hips and then back over your head. Jillian said to use heavy weights and it was too much for me. I don't remember which workout that was on. Anyway, my first time through I burned atleast 350. This shows how much I improved going back down.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    and my numbers go down again at workout 8 because I started having to modify a lot of the moves from there on....
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    For the 1st week of each exercise my hrm said I burnt 230ish on second week it always drops to around 180-210 depending on how much jumping is involved. I always deduct 10% when I log it too.
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got myself the same HRM - Polar FT4 and used it for the first time today, while doing cardio 3. I burnt 339kcal. That's a bit more than I thought I normally burn, so happy bunny:)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The early weeks were around 250 from what I remember. The last weeks I was between 280 and 310.
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So how are you liking the HRM? I love mine, but i noticed a big difference between the cardio burn and the strength burn. Over 100 calories more with cardio. I guess that makes sense tho cause you're jumping around alot with the Cardio.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I would burn in the low 200s in Phase 1, 250s in Phase 2 and 300+ in Phase 3. I think as I got stronger, I went harder which lead to a higher burn.

My FT4 isn't picking up a signal now (keeps reading 0) - I need to get the battery replaced.