i have no idea how to log what i just ate!

Options
lebowski8
lebowski8 Posts: 55 Member
so, it was a homemade recipe. i just made 4 pounds chicken wings on the grill. i made homemade wing sauce. i made homemade blue cheese dressing. I ate about half the wings. But that isn't 2 pounds of meat.

The problem with wings is that the Nutrition Data on the package tells you the totals for the meat. Of which there is very little, because wings are mostly bone. The wing sauce didn't coat the wings very well. I'd say 75% didn't stick. It was hot sauce (1/2 cup) and butter (3 tbs) and coconut oil (1tbs). But that was for the whole 4 pound batch.

The dressing was measurable -- 2 tbs ranch dressing, 2 tbs mayo, and 2 tbs blue cheese crumbles. I ate about 3/4.

Any ideas??

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I enter my stuff like that in recipes. Then you can decide how many servings you think you actually ate. I always have trouble with the sauces for the same reason you're talking about. Ex. If I use 1/2 a stick of butter in broccoli and I see some in the bottom of the pan how much is actually on the broccoli I ate?

Eta: even if the nutritional data is for the meat, it should give you serving amounts too. It'll take a little math but you should be able to get a close estimate.
  • lebowski8
    lebowski8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    well, there was an entry for meat removed. so I could count the wings. close enough!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Enter everything separately! I do that as well when I can't find it. I also sometimes calculate myself somewhere further in the diary and then just add the meal myself.
  • Ninanator
    Options
    Oh my, I know your frustration lol. I rarely eat out, or eat prepackaged meals. I use the recipe tab. It can be time consuming, but worth it if you frequently eat that meal. I find now though, that I just eat simpler things because I don't want to create anymore recipes lol. Getting lazy I guess!