January Whole30

Options
Lizzard_77
Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
I will be doing my second W30 in January and a few of my buddies are as well. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else was and if there would be interest in a separate Jan W30 group? If folks are interested in joining and having a group I can create one. Also anyone who would like to become friends and have that added support structure, feel free to send me a request.

I am beyond excited for my second one and it will be desperately needed after the holidays at my in-law's house where healthy, esp primal/paleo healthy, is not in their vocab!

Replies

• Mrs_Vad3r
    Mrs_Vad3r Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am down. When i did the whole 30 last summer i lost 15 pounds in 1 month, i loved it. Felt great and looked great. Then i fell off the wagon, i need to get back on and lose the weight. Feel free to add me!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am reading the book now and was planning to give it a whirl in January. I would be interested in any support I can get! I did something similar in August to kick off a change to paleo/primal, but have been backsliding a bit during the holidays. It will be nice to start fresh. Thanks!
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it another go in January too! I was very pleased with the way my body responded to the last one I did and I felt better than ever, so I think after the Christmas goodies (which aren't even that much) I will still need to do it for my sanity.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't need a special group as Whole30 is more and more becoming my regular eating pattern (slightly modified). I will likely be back on the Whole30 in January, but probably not January 1. I'm having holidays from Dec 19 through Jan 5 so I'm going to enjoy a couple of weeks with cheese, cream and other naughties (never cheat with wheat!) before getting back on track. But I'll let everyone know when I'm back at it and I will offer as much support (and passion) as I can!
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my first Whole30 so super excited! Not looking to lose weight but just wanting to kick off the year by eating 100% healthy so that it can become a pattern for the rest of 2014.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in, a group to check in with would be great, supportive, and informative. I'm not back in town until the 3rd but will join then. I'm already picking out recipes and making note of what I have in the freezer. Great idea!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think I'm ready to do a Whole30 - it will be my first one. I've been practicing and thinking about what I'll be making and eating. I've also told my husband of my intent so that he's ready for me to be making more whole food meals (and also not eating everything he cooks!) So.... I'm in!
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and created a group for the Jan W30. Feel free to join up. I'll try to get some good info posted over there in the next few days. We can all do this together and make it our most successful Whole30 yet!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18029-whole30-january-2014
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I am in this will be first whole 30 excited but slightly nervous.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    ME!!!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have a group of 9 people locally who are going to do the Whole30 with me this time :D I did my first one just last month, but am ready to go at it again!
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Definitely going to join the group. Looking forward to a Whole30 to start the year off right!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely be down for it! I'm in the same situation....holidays getting the better of me and for lack of a better term I honestly feel like a can of busted biscuits right now. A Whole 30 sounds like just the ticket!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing a W30 after the holidays, so I'm in!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in. This will be my second W30 and looking forward to joining the group .
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    I'm in - this will be my third, and will appreciated having a support group of like-minded folks to tough base with!
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    Count me in - thanks!
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    New here but I'm in too if that's ok? Seem to have hit a plateau already, even though I have lots of fat/weight to lose. Hoping this will kickstart things again.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    IN!!