Symptoms

Options

Replies

• _DoingMe_
    Options
    With my first, my nausea would come and go. It would be bad one day and barely there the next. Let us know how your appt goes, I sure everything is fine.

I'm feeling like that now. With my first, it was everyday in the afternoon. This time around, it's all over the place. Yesterday I was tempted to leave work early and today I've been fine.

I'd like to add heartburn to the list. It's was really, really bad last night.
  • LuluA85
    LuluA85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So I've felt nauseous, on and off, pretty much all day for the last couple of weeks, but this morning I was actually sick for the first time.

It was so bizarre as I wasn't feeling sick at all, I just didn't really fancy my breakfast. And then it was like something out of the movies and I had to run to the bathroom with no warning or icky feeling at all.

Nice! Now, do I just log my breakfast as usual even though most of it came back up?

Hope all you other ladies aren't feeling too grotty?
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same experience last week, lulu. I woke up feeling sort of okay. I thought maybe the nausea was over! Then I ate 2 bites of oatmeal and I had to run to the toilet.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified to eat anything, I'm only eating things that will not hurt coming back up. Lots of malt o meal:) I throw up on average 3 times a day (which is still better than my first pregnancy) and I've lost a pound. I read somewhere that week 10 is the height of morning sickness. Lord help me...
  • LuluA85
    LuluA85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ahh good to hear I'm not alone Lady Lamb! Oh dear MAMA...looks like I've got more to come then. On the plus side.....lunch stayed down!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty lucky.. I only had about 2 weeks where the nausea was pretty bad, but it's not been bad since then. I'm mostly just insanely tired, and now it's starting where I am feeling faint if I get too hungry. I have horrible food aversions (to everything!) but not really nausea.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Oh no! If it gets worse at week 10, I am scared! I am 9+ weeks right now and I dont know if I can handle worse.
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I am Sonali,currently at 7 weeks+2 days.The first feeling when I saw this group was wow,I would have pals by my side in this journey who are in the same boat.Must say It’s an awesome feeling and we have been waiting for sometime for this news.

Started with my weight loss with MFP last Dec and lost around 9kgs.Gained around 2 of them back,when we were planning.Have been monitoring myself and have almost stayed on prepregnancy weight till date.Luckily haven’t been hit by morning sickness yet,but generally feeling tired by EOD .Have been eating healthy all these 7 weeks by focusing on 6 small meals a day and doing moderate exercises 3- 5 times a week(30 mins brisk walk on treadmill coupled with 10 mins stationary bike).Plan to start with prenatal yoga post my first trimester.Infact I would have a better plan of action after my first scan which is due this Saturday.Hope everything turns out to be fine by god’s grace.

I work in an auto MNC and have planned to reveal this info in Jan to my bosses.Shared this with my parents,inlaws,sister and best friend.

Regarding workouts,just wanted to understand if you guys have incorporated any kind of exercise in your routine?I am currently at 179 pounds(height-5ft 6”) and really worried on putting on unnecessary weight which might harm my baby.My plan is to stay on same weight till first trimester and then end up gaining max 8 kgs by end of pregnancy.

Looking forward to all of your support and lets experience this cloud nine together!
  • usernameMAMA
    Options
    Welcome to the group Sonali and congratulations! I haven't incorporated any exercise yet as I am either too tired or too sick. I do plan on starting to use my elliptical as soon as I start to feel better. I lost 30+ pounds since the beginning of this year and I don't want to put it all back on again. So far I have gained and lost three pounds this trimester so I'm pretty much at the same weight as before I got pregnant. I'm at 10 weeks:)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I'm at 10 weeks too. :) I try to go for a lot of walks, but it's been so rainy here that that hasn't worked out to well recently.

Other than that, I just try to remain active, but not excessively so. I had a bit of spotting after playing squash, so I don't think I'll be trying that one for a while.... Ice skating was fine.

I believe you can get some good prenatal yoga DVDs that should be safe too. I've been thinking of trying one of these workouts out, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. http://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga-beginners

(We should make a "workouts" thread?)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    I could curse myself about saying I haven't been nauseous. Just as I hit 8 weeks, i've been feeling deathly. Getting through work is miserable and I have to pretend I feel okay. Luckily it's a desk job and it's not anything more demanding than that. UGH.
  • usernameMAMA
    Options
    Desk jobs aren't that easy when you're pregnant. I also have a desk job and I find if I don't move around that much the bloating at the end of the day is almost worse than the nausea. Also, I've read that the flicker of a computer monitor makes sickness worse.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I think I just got super smell!
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    HUNGER!!!!!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I think I just got super smell!

I have had the heightened sense of smell since week 3! It was one of my first symptoms. I have to take the garbage out before it is even full now because the smell begins to bother me.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Oh the super smell started at week 4 for me. It's been HORRIBLE. Coffee is one of the worst. I almost spewed when hubby stopped into a starbucks a few weeks ago.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    lol, I actually like the smell of coffee. Not the taste though. Cigarette smoke is awful, I have always hated the smell but when pregnant the smell makes me hurl! Oh, and fingernail polish remover - that smell makes me sick every time.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Thankfully nothing has made me feel sick yet, but its weird to be the only person who is like, "What's that smell?" and everyone just gives me this look that clearly says "Really? Are you really asking that?" haha!

And yes, the hunger! I eat a sandwich before going out for dinner because I just can't wait that long!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I'm crying my eyes out at work...

Any suggestions to cover it up? It's lunch break now....
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    JustAnotherGirl- I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I never get on MFP anymore. I'm sorry you were crying. Was it just a pregnancy thing? I seem to cry at the strangest times and it's quite embarassing! I hope you are feeling better now!