Need to figure out maintenance

Options
MzYoga
MzYoga Posts: 21 Member
I've had a slow, steady weight loss of about 14 pounds, and now I'm ready to switch to maintenance. Aside from eating slightly more, are there other practices that have proved successful over time? MzYoga

Replies

• zumbgurl
    zumbgurl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I still log everything and watching my Carbs and Sodium a little closer thanks to my online trainer who is very invested in my success since she is the one who signed me up over a year ago when I joined the gym. My trainer wants me to eat 1500 calories per day for all of the intense workouts that I do. Try upping your workouts along with your calories and see what happens.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    keep up with the logging, keep up with the exercise!

maintenance is great, you can eat all the food!
  • MzYoga
    MzYoga Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting to do maintenance for a couple of weeks( through Thanksgiving). I do not find that I can eat anything and everything without gaining. I have a target weight and I weigh daily. When I'm over, I cut back. Perhaps that's the best I can do during the holiday season.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting to do maintenance for a couple of weeks( through Thanksgiving). I do not find that I can eat anything and everything without gaining. I have a target weight and I weigh daily. When I'm over, I cut back. Perhaps that's the best I can do during the holiday season.

Weight fluctuates, you need a weight range not one number, to account for this....
  • WendyGr8
    WendyGr8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been at maintenance stage since about July, but it wasn't until Thanksgiving weekend out of town with family that I really went up in weight to a point that I was out of my preferred range. I have realized that now trying to drop back down, I have really gotten lazy about the good habits that had gotten me where I needed to be at the beginning of the year. Now, of course, its all holiday parties & treats & eating other people's menus - so, I am having a hard time of it. But, in a couple more weeks everyone will be resolving to get healthier & I won't be the odd woman out any more (for at least a month or so ;)