Rollcall for current and active Aussie MFPers

Options
Titanuim
Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
Seeing as it is start of a new year and there is bound to be an influx of new members or old members looking to get started again I thought it would be good to start a new list of current and active Aussie members so new members can find people in the same time zone and use the same measurements (which is not always easy).

I am planning on being on mfp for 2014 even though I am at goal weight, what about the rest of you?

Replies

• rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm here. I've just started running with Zombies, Run and that's quite interesting... I got an iPod touch for Christmas, so excited!

Anyway, I'm 88 kg, hoping to get down to 52 though I'll be happy anywhere under 58. I'm 21, and I'm in Adelaide. If you match any of these (roughly), send my a friend request :flowerforyou: Double points for cute guys who want to run together :drinker:
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm here - started in Jan 2013 and intend to be here in 2014, I travel a lot for work (50% of my time in Asia). I do all sorts of stuff to mix it up - Pump, pilates, cardio gym, cycling, running, walking, rowing, kayaking and a hell of a lot of dancing round the house!

Also a Fitbitter in case you want to add me there.

Not in to diets, I cook and I eat and I drink. Whatever I do has to fit with an unusual and very unpredictable lifestyle on account of my work.

Happy to help keep the networks of Aussies here going strong! :)

I'm Donna ..... :)
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Still logging after almost 2 years. At goal but still like the accountability. Always happy to have new friends.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Been here for 10 months and 14kg and expect to be here for all of 2014. Live in sunny Perth, and walk and do dvds etc for fitness. Not into dieting, rather find balance in my life. Always happy for additional aussie friends on here or fitbit
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am here. I had hoped to lose about 20 kg in 2013 but then my 17 yr old daughter was diagnosed with hodgkin Lymphoma. After a long year of chemo and radiation, she is finally finished her treatment and awaiting clearance from the doctors. So as long as all goes well for her I am now dedicating 2014 to getting myself back to being healthy and fit. I have signed up with a brand new gym just up the road from my house on the north side of Brisbane. It doesn't open until Feb so I am concentrating on getting my diet right and getting out for walks while I am waiting. When you see somebody so close to you fight cancer, you realize how precious life is and how important it is to be healthy.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, have no plans on going anywhere for a long time. Rest of my life, really.

I'm half way to goal - it's been a long, slow process. Sometimes it gets frustrating but mostly it's far easier emotionally and physically to be able to eat more along the way. Crash dieting sucks *kitten*.

Feel free to add me, if you like. Here's to a leaner 2014! :smokin:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!

I am present and accounted for. Been having a bit of a week off, but back on track (more or less) today and will be back in full swing next week.

For any newbies, I am 45, live in Sydney, at goal weight but will still be here in 2014 to continue to improve my physique and fitness goals. I lift weights 4 times per week, do a bit of cardio, not much though apart from walking. I log on every day, drink alcohol, have almost eaten my body weight in chocolate over the last 4 days but usually believe protein is king when it comes to macros.

Feel free to add me if you like, but please send a message saying that you found me here :) thanks and welcome newbies to MFP. If you make a plan and focus on your goals, you can and will achieve them!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Still here, not logging much but I am planning on sticking around
  • serotonin11
    Options
    I'm still here and don't plan on leaving. :D
  • squid1979
    squid1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for about a year. Prior to that I tracked with CalorieKing. Just starting to get the hang of the message board thing.

I'm starting Insanity on the 1st of January, and joined a group on here to help track my progress.

I'm 35, from Adelaide. I'm at my target weight (could possibly gain a bit) but would like to be more athletic and reduce my body fat a bit. I do mainly HIIT, free weights, cycling, running, and yoga. I record it all on Endomondo. I'm a non-drinker and mostly clean eater.

In addition to starting Insanity, I've also made a New Year's resolution to do at least 30 minutes of yoga each day in 2014.

I'd like to have some people to share stats with, so feel free to add me.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be here for 2014! Adelaide gal here
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I plan on being here for good...I want an awesome streak.

Anyway I am Melbourne here. 38yo Female. 57.9kg down from 95kg in Feb 2012. Got to my goal weight of 65kg 7 months after starting.... but I swear now it was September 2012 so that makes 5 months. 159cm tall (or short)

I want to get to 55kg just cause it means I am smack bang middle of my BMI.

I run, I zumba, I walk an insane amount daily & I'm a Fitbit fanatic.

I work in Bakers Delight & despite working there I have still managed to lose weight. Olive Pane Di Casa is my weakness & will devour a whole loaf a day....

I fast 3 times a week for 40 hours each time & eat nothing at all in those times. So I fast for 120 hours a week. That way I can eat my bread :blushing: I do a 4:3 fast... but then also I don't eat till 3pm on normal days so I'm also doing 16:8 as well. OMG I fast most of the time. I'm only eating 32 hours a week..... :noway:
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Still here after almost a year & 25kg down but still have a long way to go - so I'm here to stay :) Have given myself Xmas off but will be back into it properly soon.

Good luck to everyone for 2014 in reaching their goals! :smile:
  • traycharry
    traycharry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will be here in 2014. 30kg down so far and about 10 to 15 to go.

I'm in melbourne and would love some more Aussie friends.

Please add me so we can do this together!!
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes, I plan on staying around. My health is a life long project.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in weight loss mode, having spent the last year being quite lazy and allowing the weight to pile back on. I'm about 10kg from my top goal weight, with a few extra kilos I'd like to lose to take me a little below that. I allow myself a range of about 5kg to fluctuate. But I allowed it to get out of hand and I have to deal with it.

I did manage to get down to my ultimate goal weight a few years back, so I know what to do.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Anyway I am Melbourne here. 38yo Female. 57.9kg down from 95kg in Feb 2012. 159cm tall (or short)l

Really freaky - you're nearly my twin. I'm 39, 159cm, got down to about 57 when I was being good, and want to get down around there again!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    I'm around, joined MFP in January but I've been losing weight longer than that. I've lost 52kg, I want to lose another 20 - 25 and I'm a Kiwi living in Melbourne :) I should get to goal in 2014.
  • merse81
    Options
    Hello. I'm in the far far eastern suburbs of Melbourne, after relocating from down town CBD to the sticks.
    After a year of eating too much and wimping out at the gym, I need to get back on track :)
    Need all the motivation I can get!!

:)
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Still about after two years .... derailed a little recently when my wife walked out but getting back on track now.

Melbourne bloke 43 - currently around 85-87kg want to get back to 80kg.