PR Board

Options

Replies

• Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You have just reminded me to ask my friend to record me squatting tomorrow, as I am not yet good/experienced enough in order to judge accurately if I am getting truly parallel or not.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You have just reminded me to ask my friend to record me squatting tomorrow, as I am not yet good/experienced enough in order to judge accurately if I am getting truly parallel or not.

Great idea. I know many of us have done that and have had each other check our form. It's always helpful so you can see where you need to work.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a good idea- I was lifting with my friend actually and I videoed him even though I was standing there TELLING him what he was doing. Sometimes it's really good for you to just see it for yourself- gives a much better idea of the mechanics that go into. :)
  • Kestrelwings
    Options
    Well my video was disappointing but useful, my squat at BW is not 'quite' parallel, back to practice practice practice!
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ^^^LOVE THIS. I'm not competing with anyone but me!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Here is my PR! i'm so excited i had to call all my friends and tell them, but none of them know what i'm even talking about.

Six weeks ago i set a goal that i wanted to bench a set of 135 by today. And I did it! I was hesitant to try, since i was only doing sets of 125, but my lifting partners and coach encouraged me to at least try since it was my written goal. So i tried it and i actually did it! Two full size big boy plates!!! I love my crew, they remind me that this is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical challenge. And my spotter was so nice, i told him keep his hands ON the bar at all times, and he did but he kept them about an inch away so i could see that he for sure wasn't helping. I love getting stronger and seeing real proof of all my hard work. and i love my endorphin rush!!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Well my video was disappointing but useful, my squat at BW is not 'quite' parallel, back to practice practice practice!

You can do it!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Here is my PR! i'm so excited i had to call all my friends and tell them, but none of them know what i'm even talking about.

Six weeks ago i set a goal that i wanted to bench a set of 135 by today. And I did it! I was hesitant to try, since i was only doing sets of 125, but my lifting partners and coach encouraged me to at least try since it was my written goal. So i tried it and i actually did it! Two full size big boy plates!!! I love my crew, they remind me that this is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical challenge. And my spotter was so nice, i told him keep his hands ON the bar at all times, and he did but he kept them about an inch away so i could see that he for sure wasn't helping. I love getting stronger and seeing real proof of all my hard work. and i love my endorphin rush!!

Wowza!!!! I'm not using the big boy plates quite yet. Got to use the 35s on my squats and felt damn proud of that.

Current PR for me on squat is 125 (my current weight!) x4x5.
  • Kestrelwings
    Options
    A bench of 135??? WOW! I am on half that, so can only imagine the guts it took to do it. Well done!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    New pr's on bench, squat deadlifts!!
    Bench: 35 kg 3x5
    Squat: 50kg 3x5 (lagging behind on squats cause it took me ages to get the right form)
    Deadlifts: 75kg 3x5

I weigh 71 kg so it's not that much more than my body weight but I'm happy :) and as I changed my rep range I will go even higher next week :)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Excellent work, Nunu!!! I'm hoping to PR in OHP tomorrow and bench next week!
  • Kestrelwings
    Options
    OK, so this is not a lift - but what the heck: Plank for 3 minutes with 10kg stacked on my lower back.

Jeez but I was glad when that 3 minutes was over! :laugh:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    OK, so this is not a lift - but what the heck: Plank for 3 minutes with 10kg stacked on my lower back.

Jeez but I was glad when that 3 minutes was over! :laugh:

bam, that's pretty impressive!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Love all these. Here's mine,

Squat: 143 10x3 (bear with me if these don't sound correct, I'm converting from kilos)
    Bench 77 x3
    OHP 71 x1
    DL 176 x3 (haven't trained these for 3 weeks, did some on Sunday and this is what I managed)

Hoping for 154 (will count this as BW) 10x3, on squats, on Tuesday.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Managed 70 kg squat today :) (or 154 lb)

Not great by everyone else's standards but I'm chuffed.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Managed 70 kg squat today :) (or 154 lb)

Not great by everyone else's standards but I'm chuffed.

WOOT WOOT nice nice!!!! :)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I just did squats @ 100lbs 3x5! Might not sound like much but to me this is a HUGE accomplishment! I loathe squats, they are by far my worst lift. Never thought i'd actually be able to get to 100 but I did it! Yaaaaaaay!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I just did squats @ 100lbs 3x5! Might not sound like much but to me this is a HUGE accomplishment! I loathe squats, they are by far my worst lift. Never thought i'd actually be able to get to 100 but I did it! Yaaaaaaay!
    WOOT WOOT!!!
    throw your hands up-- oh wait no- don't- keep squatting!!! :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That's an awesome milestone! Well done!