December chat and general stuff!

Options
1235»

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Just ordered this wrist wrap, thanks girlie100 for the recommendation. i also thru in the grip lotion, cause it was cheap, and the weights are starting to get heavy which makes my hands sweaty. and it's can't be as messy as chalk, i hope its's effective though.

dsc_5436.jpg
    038.jpg
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Looking fab Mrs Woodroff!!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That app looks cool, I do love a bit of fitness geek technology :bigsmile:
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Lifting shoes have been ordered :bigsmile: going for the bright green Nike Romeloes 2 just because they are bright green lol ready for some new year Olympic lifting yay!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all and your nearest and dearest a peaceful healthy and happy Christmas! Lydia xXxX
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Lifting shoes have been ordered :bigsmile: going for the bright green Nike Romeloes 2 just because they are bright green lol ready for some new year Olympic lifting yay!!

This alone is why I want Adidas or risto. Lol.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to check that app out. Thanks for posting it.

I really need a rack... I don't know that I will ever get to add weight to my squats. I was going to buy a cheap squat rack in the new year, but my phone isn't working right and I need a new one. They are so expensive, so I will have to wait on the rack.

Merry Christmas! And Happy Holidays to those that don't celebrate Christmas!
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It seems I took a week off form working out this holiday season. I was tired and meant to just take 2 then I got sick and then today (7 days after my last lifting session) the gym was closed! Okay, okay I am going after work but still I got up at 5am and the gym was closed. My gym is up by my work so I had to drive back home and shower and change for work because the drive back to my house took enough time that I could squeeze in a workout and get to work on time.

I really wish I had room for a squat rack in my house. The basement is just a smidge to short for me to do OHP properly and the 2nd bedroom upstairs is well upstairs and I don't know that it could handle all that extra weight. I don't need weights crashing into my living room. The last place is the garage but it is already crowded and hubby has his workstation out there (though he doesn't use it much). I might re-visit the garage if I think we could re-arrange stuff so he had his little workstation and I could have my rack (if I find one I like).
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Vendy, we have the same problem with our basement. I wish the ceilings were just a bit higher, it would be perfect. I'm using the garage and my husband has his work out there so it's crowded, but it works. But in this cold, it is way too cold out there. It warmed up a bit so I was out there again after over a week off. But then it has been so cold again so I haven't been back out since the weekend (also so busy with the holidays).
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    So, did most of us survive the holidays? I did - barely.

Who got cool fitness stuff from Santa? I got a Fitbit Flex, but I already have a Zip. I don't really want to wear the bracelet style and I'm happy with my Zip, so I think I'm going to return it. I also got some workout pants and top. I bought myself some new bright purple Chuck's I found on sale, when I was Christmas shopping.

I envy you people with basements. That's not something we have in Houston.
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Basements are nice but when they start to leak they suck (we temporarily fixed the issue but have to save up to really truly get the crack in the foundation fixed).

I did see a rack for $200 the other day on craigslist. I'm weary of buying anything until the hubby has a job.

I'm jealous of the purple chucks!! (mine are blue)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Nor in my part of NYC :laugh:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    nor in most of the UK...

Nor in my part of NYC :laugh:
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So... I ended up getting quite sick and have been 'out' for the better part of a month. I had a URI, which set off my asthma, which set me up for bronchitis. It took 2 courses of antibiotics and finally steroids to get me on the mend. I'm finally getting better, but...

I tried lifting on the 3rd and the 10th and did ok with the Wendler basic lifts (no accessories) with pretty good strength maintenance. I skied a couple times when my asthma was under better control, but otherwise have been 'down'.

So...what would you do and how would you decide?

Stay with Wendler and decrease the max used to calculate my weights based on how much strength I think I lost... OR
    Go back to SL for 5x5 or 3x5 to build back up on the compound lifts and get back into it?

Just curious and am trying to decide...
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Hubby did ask me what I needed for a home gym so he can start looking around for stuff to purchase off craigslist for me! :D I think we will just use the garage as my gym because he said the space heater gets it pretty warm (our garage is really tiny. It was more meant as a storage unit than to park a car in because not even a mini cooper could fit in our garage).

So I'm asking you ladies that have home gyms what do you have and where did you find it all?