January 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! Can you believe it.... January 2014 begins on Wednesday, so the time to be planning on joining the new monthly challenge is here once again! It is the first month of 2014, and the brand new beginning of an exciting new year for us walkers!

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop in the player will help us become or stay strong and fit as we walk into 2014.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk on, join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome!

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the January 2014 challenge together!

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2014 as we walk our way toward our fitness goals in 2014 :drinker:

Replies

• keepcalm2014
    Options
    I'm going with 60 for the month :)
  • bflogal854
    bflogal854 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I got a couple Leslie Sansone's DVDs for Christmas and can't wait to use them. I'd like to join this challenge and am going to try for 60 miles.

Deb
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thank you my very dear friend for keeping this going every month - :flowerforyou:

I have fallen off the wagon and desperately want back on! This challenge worked for me in the past and I have to get committed again. I met some of my best MFP friends here over the past few years and looking forward to adding some new walking buddies in 2014.

So, lets tie up our shoelaces, get some water, pop in that DVD and start walking!

I am in for 50 miles this month.

Happy New Year !!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! Here's to a healthy year????

1st) 45 min Leslie Sansone Sculpt & Burn with Walkblaster ramp and vrs size of weights. & 15 min elliptical ~ 11,811 steps
    2) 30 min elliptical & 30 min Pilates ~ 10,515 steps
    3) 40 min strength training/wgt training & 2.5 mi Walk/Jog PM: 45 min (elliptical, hula ⭕️, dancing ????) 11,508 steps
    4) 3 mi elliptical am & 1 mi elliptical & dancing 11,515 steps
    5) Rest Day from planned wo 1.85 mi walking 5,000 steps
    6) 30min cross training /2.32 mi~5882 steps
    7) 3 Fast Mi 3.56 mi ~8819 steps
    8) 10 min HIIT, 30 min Barre mat wo, 3 mi elliptical ~11,309
    9)65 min kickboxing & elliptical~10,648
    10)4Mi Super Challenge & 1mi jog & 1mi elliptical~6.6 mi ~15,778
    11) 30min strength training & 3.1 mi 5K w/Twist ~11,525
    12) REST DAY 1.35 mi~3444
    13) 3mi 5 Day Slim Down, 4.39 mi~10,857
    14)1mi walk & firm 30 & 20 min ellipt. ~10,329
    15)3mi HIIT walk to the hits, 1mi wlk ~9914
    16) 5mi Advanced Walk, 2.1 mi walk~17,245
    17)5mi walk it off/tone it up 5.54 mi ~13,887
    18) 4mi elliptical, 2mi outside ~15,444
    19)4 mi outside wlk 10,273
    20)30 wgt train & 30 min cross train, pm mile 5.57 miles~13,771
    21)5k w/twist 3.1. ~5.43 miles 13,404
    22)4mi fast n firm 5.5mi~12,034
    23) 60 min am wgt training & cardio, 1mi LS walk, 1 mi elliptical ~10,723
    24)4 super walk ~4.66 mi 11,034
    25)REST 1.17mi ~2,940
    26)32 Wgt training, 39 min interval cardio & 60 min outside walk ~15,364
    27) 45 min 3 miles 3.36 mi ~8282
    28)30 min upper body, 3mi walk~4.81 12,050
    29)30 mat wo, 2mi walk ~6mi~15,236
    30)3mi walk, 15 min walk dog, 30 strength train~6.71 mi 17,058
    31)3mi ~6.6 mi ~15,256
    Yay!!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this challenge. I write my workouts down in my log, but it's great to post here too! I'm proud of myself for going over 150 miles this month, but for January I'm going to aim for 125 miles. More if I can (planning on lifting more next month).

Happy New Year!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in 54 miles in December but only planned for 40 miles. I started a week late on the December challenge. I had the last week of December off of work so I got in some good long (4-5 mile) walks in that allowed me to go over my goal. I think I'll plan for 2 miles a day so that would be 62 miles goal for January!

I now have 6 Leslie Sansone videos to choose from so I can really mix it up now! Passing my old (and the original) 1, 2, 3 mile walk DVDs with weighted balls to a new family that said they would be interested in trying. I bought my first then Walk Away program from an infomercial and the workouts were on VHS tape! She has really improved the routines since those old tapes.
  • luiescott
    luiescott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl that NEEDS accountability, and groups like this TRULY help me so much! I've fallen off the wagon, and don't want to make the mistake of being "all or nothing" again, so I'm going to take it slow and shoot for 30 miles, along with other types of exercise, such as water aerobics and Zumba. I look forward to "walking" with y'all!
  • ddeiser
    ddeiser Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to take this challenge. I am going to walk 50 miles in January. Strap on those shoes!:bigsmile:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I am so excited about the response for the January challenge thus far!

Welcome to ddeiser, luiescott, keepcalm2014, bflogal854, to the walking challenges :flowerforyou: .

Princess!!! Oh, I am so happy that you are back again. I have missed you dear one :heart: . And yay for our walk buddies who are coming back for more, so pleased to see everyone (who signed up so far and will continue to sign in) again. If it weren't for you all faithful walkers that walk the many miles each month these challenges would definitely not be as much fun as they are :smile: .

In 2013 we have seen thousands of miles walked, injuries healed, health restored and many different sort of challenges tossed into our lives and paths, but together we have so often picked up the pieces of our lives along with our feet, and together with God's grace, as well as the friendships and encouragements within this LS walking group we are back to do it again in 2014. Step by step and mile by mile.

I wish each one of you who join us this this month and this year a Happy and Healthy 2014 :drinker:

Blessings and Happy Hugs,
    texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    thank you dear texasgardener for keeping this going. I am in for 65 miles again this month, mainly by the sea I expect!

was 'surreyhills'
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join in! :-) I'm a busy nursing student so Leslie's walking videos are perfect because they're quick and you get a good burn just from walking. My goal for January will be small- 30 miles. If I accomplish it, then I'll set another. :-)

Looking forward to this challenge! Challenges motivate me to push harder!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in 54 miles in December but only planned for 40 miles. I started a week late on the December challenge. I had the last week of December off of work so I got in some good long (4-5 mile) walks in that allowed me to go over my goal. I think I'll plan for 2 miles a day so that would be 62 miles goal for January!

1/1: 2 miles

2/62 miles complete.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for January: 112 miles
    To date: 0 miles
    Left: 112 miles

This month:
    I'm doing Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits Mon-Fri = 69 miles
    I'm doing a mile on the treadmill at the gym after weight training Mon-Fri = 23 miles
    I'm doing Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk Sun = 20 miles
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    First, a blessed, healthy and prosperous New Year to all my Leslie Peeps!!!:drinker: :heart:

Second, thank you to Texasgardnr, Dudagarcia, and Princess f1 for keeping us walking...

I have no idea how many miles I'm going to walk this month, but it could be anywhere from
    31 to 124, depending on how I feel as the month progresses.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Happy new year to everyone.

I am cutting my target in half this month because I want to do more kettlebells. If I find I will be overtaking my target I will up it a bit.

Good luck to everyone. Have fun
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Thank you for keeping this challenge group going.
    I woke up with a cold yesterday, so as soon as I feel better, which I hope is soon, I will get back walking.
    I wear a Fitbit and I average about 6000 steps per day. I want to push that along to 8000 for the month of January.
    Thank you, and Happy New Year everyone!
    Yvonne

BTW, do I post my achievements on this thread daily? Thanks.
  • ccsimoneu1
    Options
    Gonna think big here and go for eighty:laugh:
  • lolomama_
    lolomama_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wear a pedometer from the time I get out of bed until I go back to bed. Some days I get 10000 steps in and other days only 4000 but I average 6000 steps. Those steps include Leslie DVDs as well as the treadmill or several laps around the mall. My goal for January is 8000 steps per day. Day 1 so far, 4000 steps.
  • shelly0318
    shelly0318 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone. I would like to join. My goal for January is 60 miles. I have 2 of Leslie Sansone DVD. I will also go on Comcast On Demand and walk with them. I'm setting my goal low but aiming high like 120. I am also going to get in some Zumba.

Thanks in advance for the support!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    3.46 miles walked today

Goal 75 miles

Thank you for doing this again. It keeps me going