January 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!! I hope everyone's dreams come true this year. :)

Jan 1 - 5 Miles - 3 mile Burn Body Fat and Sculpt Your Arms & 2 mile Super Walk

Total Miles: 5 miles
    Goal: 125 miles
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan — 2 Miles

Total: 2 miles
    Goal: 30
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. I will start tomorrow ! My goal for January is 50 miles!!
  • barneygirl
    barneygirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I read how many miles people are going to walk this month and I dont know how. I have lost 80 pounds in the last few yrs. but I do not work out, I feel like I have lost all my muscle and I want to get some back but I can only do I mile a day. So I guess that is where I will start at so that is only about 20 miles a month, maybe I need a trainer. WHY AM I SO WEAK and lazy? I am angry at myself.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for January: 112 miles
    To date: 5 miles
    Left: 107 miles

This month:
    I'm doing Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits Mon-Fri = 69 miles
    I'm doing a mile on the treadmill at the gym after weight training Mon-Fri = 23 miles
    I'm doing Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk Sun = 20 miles

I got to the gym too late today to hit the treadmill, I only had time to lift weights since they closed so early. So I did the 5 mile walk instead of the 3 mile plus treadmill. So I'm up a mile! :happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I read how many miles people are going to walk this month and I dont know how. I have lost 80 pounds in the last few yrs. but I do not work out, I feel like I have lost all my muscle and I want to get some back but I can only do I mile a day. So I guess that is where I will start at so that is only about 20 miles a month, maybe I need a trainer. WHY AM I SO WEAK and lazy? I am angry at myself.

Don't waste time and emotional energy beating yourself up. It won't help you to lose any weight nor will it help you to get stronger. Just start where you are. Do just a mile every day for 5 days. then on the 6th day, do a mile and a half. Do that for 10 days. then on the 11th day, do 2 miles. and so on. Before you know it you will be able to do at least 2-3 miles in a row easy peasy. You can increase your strength and stamina. YES, you can. :flowerforyou:
  • barneygirl
    Options
    sounds like a plan Supplemama (love that name) I will give it a try . Thank you
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    sounds like a plan Supplemama (love that name) I will give it a try . Thank you

barneygirl, you go girl!! Yes Supplemama hit it right on the nail.

Just jump right in and do what you can do and don't look back, nor sideways to the next walker. Step by step will eventually = mile by mile. I could hardly do a mile when I started back in 2012.

Also do not compare your goals to anyone else' goals. These are everyone's individual personal goals. The point is to do the best that each of us can, and to challenge ourselves to go the extra mile sometimes. Trust me it is all good - no matter how, or how long, you walk!

Walk strong!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Wednesday (New Year's Day):

3 miles: DVD 5K with a Twist, 3.1 miles

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for January: at least 50 combined miles

So far: 3 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    A big WELCOME to all the new walkers joining us for the first time :happy: .

I am so delighted to see so many new walkers here as well as some more veteran monthly challenge walkers coming back to walk the challenge again :heart: . I am pleased as punch to see such wonderful response ..... and we are on page two and it is still the first. How cool is that :glasses: ?
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been very lax with my walking lately, so now i am going to get back into it full on .
    My goal this month is 150 miles .x
    Good luck to everyone .
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! What a super group this month! I love reading everyone's posts and knowing I am not alone:).

1/2 - 3M Walk off 10 lbs

Have a great day and get your walk in!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in 54 miles in December but only planned for 40 miles. I started a week late on the December challenge. I had the last week of December off of work so I got in some good long (4-5 mile) walks in that allowed me to go over my goal. I think I'll plan for 2 miles a day so that would be 62 miles goal for January!

1/1: 2 miles
    1/2: 2 miles

4/62 miles complete.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options

Congrats on your successful weight loss????.

Don't worry on how many miles people do. You go at your pace and add strength training as well. I don't worry about what others do, I only compete with myself ????. Leslie Sansone has plenty of videos on utube:). Wish you the best and feel free to frnd me if you like:). Here's to a strong year.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    We had atrocious weather in UK for New Years day but today I got 4 miles done outside. still cant do Leslie with my knee problems. was surreyhills

exercise.png
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks Texasgardener for being getting us started again!

New year new challenge = great health! :happy:

I'm in for 60 miles this month. Like 2essie, I want to concentrate on strength training a bit more this year.

Good to see all you "frequent" Leslie walkers as well as a lot of new faces.

Sending motivational vibes out to everyone...

Annofb

Oops, forgot to say:

Jan 1, 2014 (wow, 2014 already)
    1/1/2014 3 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options

Don't waste time and emotional energy beating yourself up. It won't help you to lose any weight nor will it help you to get stronger. Just start where you are. Do just a mile every day for 5 days. then on the 6th day, do a mile and a half. Do that for 10 days. then on the 11th day, do 2 miles. and so on. Before you know it you will be able to do at least 2-3 miles in a row easy peasy. You can increase your strength and stamina. YES, you can. :flowerforyou:

"Just start where you are." Excellent advice. Don't look back, the past has nothing new to say to you. You can do it one day at a time. It's never too late to be the person you want to be.

There's a wonderful spirit of encouragement and strength here. I give it a lot of credit for helping me reach my goal. Good luck to you on your quest.
  • barneygirl
    Options
    Thankyou all for the encouraging words, I feel so much better now. I am going for a walk in the great outdoors. Have a great day all.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    * * * 60 Miles in January * * *

1/1/2014 3 miles
    1/2/2014 3 miles

Walk Strong Everyone!
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into the groove of things and will aim for 65 miles this month.