Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• hollylouisa29
    hollylouisa29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Holly and I live in Penzance. I'm 22 and trying to lay off the KFCs!! My boyfriend is a veggie-phobic junk food addict so I need all the support I can get! Check out my profile for more info about me and feel free to add! xx
  • mrsgrumpypants
    mrsgrumpypants Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Anne, I live in Plymouth and am permanently losing and regaining that last 10lb. I'm 53, married, one child still at school and the other one already left home. I need some support to finally lose the weight and keep it off!

My main motivation is that all my wardrobe is the same size, and I don't want to replace it. Hate shopping and like what I have!:smile:
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Im Heather from mid devon (middle of nowhere!) and Ive got a couple of stone to loose:-( Smallholding, horses, baby twins & a 5 yo - my maine issue is lack of time for excersise! Ive been on here for a couple of years on and off so this is my latest push!
  • katwal87
    katwal87 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Katrina, I'm 25, married, mum of a 7 year old and a 2 year old and I live in Kingskerswell.
  • Rssblade
    Rssblade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The name's Ross,
    Live in Cornwall, just outside Redruth, my interests are Horses ,Motorcycles and exploring,(also Pasties, hence the problem) need to lose seven stone, but very unfit and I am gently walking my way upto health before going Jillian Micheals on my *kitten*.
    Using a FitBit bug and an Aria scale to track my progress through MFP and Runkeeper android phone application to track my mileage and cal progress. (all online)
    So if you need a walking Buddy and don't mind being seen in the company of a 59 year old lunatic Biker then contact me or just want to chat and exchange notes please do so.
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    Hi everyone. You can probably guess from my user name that I live in Helston and I'm called Sonia!

I work for the council which means I spend most of my time sat on my backside eating whatever cakes come into the office. I'm also a little too fond of wine and cheese. I've got about 2 1/2 stone to lose which I want to do by the end of June when I hit my 40th birthday!

My boyfriend chops down trees for a living, so can eat all the calories he wants and get away with it. It doesn't make it easy on the willpower when he comes home and says 'I fancy pizza and chips for dinner tonight, washed down with some cider'...
  • JannerTone
    JannerTone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello chaps and chapettes, I'm Tone from Plymouth, Just got back on after my laptop had a meltdown and I used that as an excuse to not keep going.
    I am 48, morbidly obese and have messed up knees due to arthritis, (aren't I the man of your dreams ladies....lol)
    I have about 8 stone to lose but cannot run so will be using the Scott Hospital Heart Beat gym to shift some of the flab and speed things up.
    If anyone wants to meet up occasionally to give more incentive to lose weight then let me know.
  • beckster1001
    beckster1001 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Kinda new to here, been using MFP just to log calories but nothing more than that, ive lost about 78lbs so far I think, I have a long way to go yet, and im struggling with motivation currently and I need to start exercising more - ive only done walking previously - I need to tone up and get fit ( currently very unfit lol ) im 27 and live in mid devon with my partner, work as a support worker and find time to exercise difficult plus I need motivation!. would be good to speak to you all and hopefully have some inspiration from you guys to get me moving lol.
    Becky
  • msclairuk
    msclairuk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm from and live in a seaside town in North Devon. *Waves to everyone else. I only came across this site just over a week ago and so far it's been great. I've logged in everything and lost 5lbs in my first week. I've got a lot to go as I want to loose another 61lbs to get to my target. I want to be healthy and confident. I'd also love to finally wear some nice clothes rather than clothes that just fit and cover up! Good luck everyone else in Devon. x
  • mattslater2014
    mattslater2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello again!

I'm back for the start of another year. Heavier than ever! I'm determined to get rid of this weight before I turn 40 so this year has to be the year to do that.

I live in North Cornwall with my 3 kids and wife and write music for a living, which isn't a particularly active job :)

I've done well on this site before so come and say hi for a final push to living a better life :)

Matt
  • Livybell69
    Livybell69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. I'm Marci, an American (with Brit citizenship as well) living in Plymouth for the past 10 years with my Brit hubby (recently retired from the Royal Marines after 27 years), and our two daughters who are almost 5 and 9. I only joined MFP a few weeks ago, and have been doing fairly well so far. I turn 45 this October, so hoping to get most my weight off by then! Came across this group and thought it would be a good way to meet local people using MFP as well. XX
  • mavimelek
    mavimelek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Janna, I live in Callington, Cornwall.
    I started seriously trying to lose weight in September 2013, I was 127 kgs (19.9 stone?)
    As of today, Feb 1st 2014 I'm 112kgs (17.6 stone I think?)

I have a fitbit flex, which pushes me to do more than I was, I got it second week of January.
    I'm still to big to run, I do Jessica Smith's and Leslie Sansone's walking workouts on youtube, LOVE THEM!!

Add me if you like, I log EVERYTHING!! :P
  • Pixiemite
    Pixiemite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm 42, married with 2 kids and 2 stepkids. Living in East Devon, but originally from Berkshire. I've been attending Slimming World for 4 weeks. I've just started this app. I'm disabled due to a chronic hip problem, so I struggle to do much exercise. Looking to make new friends for support and encouragement.
    Best Wishes,
    Nicky
  • Defnas
    Defnas Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm from Rural Mid Devon and also looking to lose a bit of weight. Thanks to a combination of the Hairy Dieters cook books (great, real tasty food and low cal), MFP, my Fitbit Charge HR activity tracker, and the FitStar web & iOS apps I've lost nearly 3 stone since the start of May. Another 2 to go to get me back into a normal BMI range. I work in Exeter/from home, the usual office job which makes getting those active minutes and steps harder to attain. But the dog is always ready for a walk, and there's always a bit of chasing around after the kids (3 year old twins and a third due next week!!!).

Steve
  • msclairuk
    msclairuk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just reread this post and noticed I commented back in 2013! Well since then, I've lost some lbs but still want to loose another 4st to get to target. Although I started slimming world last year and I've lost almost 3stone. Feeling better but I have a long way to go. I'm 40next March so I really am focused on reaching target before then. Clair
  • johnderobeck
    johnderobeck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Not quite 40 yo Dad from Penzance here. Moved t the county about 4 years ago and would love to connect with any MFP'ers from the SW. My big goals are to make sure that I keep myself fit enough to enjoy life, have real fun with the kids and look good for my lovely wifey!

John.
  • karlinab1807
    karlinab1807 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Karlina , I'm 35 and live in torquay, Devon , used Fitbit for years but new here, I'm looking for friends for fitness fun and support, I walk a lot with my dogs, horse ride when I can, I work long night shifts as a health care assistant for elderly with special needs so struggle to eat healthy and work out , love to find others to challenge possibly meet ,
    Xx