Foods you find you eat too much of?

Options
dreja89
dreja89 Posts: 18 Member
I am finding myself eating so much ham, cheese, eggs, mayo and guacamole that it's unreal. Are any of these going to screw my diet up big time? (LCHF) I know I should be varying things, and I am putting cream in my coffee and trying to eat low-carb veg like broccoli as well, it just appears every meal of the day includes the above :)

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Have you tried other proteins like lamb, turkey, beef, etc

Do you like extra virgin olive oil, use it instead of mayo

Ever tried using frozen veg fried in butter, so many varieties of veg you can buy

Have you tried making soups? So many varieties there too.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had a piece of Dark Lindt Chocolate (85%) with PB and Reddi Whip for balance. I have had that everyday since I started in October except for this week because I ran out of chocolate.

As long as it fits in my macros 70%f, 25%p and 5%c and it has not interfered with my weight loss -- I indulge. :drinker:

If you like those foods then eat them, don't deprive yourself of them. Sometimes ham has sugar, and not sure what could be in the guac. But as long as you know whats in it and it fits.

Also try new things. Awhile back someone posted they use cream cheese with their bacon. YUM! Glad I tried that! So a snack can be 1 ounce of cream cheese that I roll into 5 bacon slices.
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cheeese! But I'm a cheesehead (dutch)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat foods that I find.

I do set a strict allowance for the cheese family, though. They can have $4.00 / day, and I in turn allow myself to eat four ounces of them. This is a pretty loose interpretation though... I watch my carb intake first and foremost and switch to zero carb foods like chicken if I feel that I'm getting too close to my limit.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream. I could seriously slam a whole carton in one sitting but I try to refrain myself :)