BODY REVOLUTION

Options
LeggzLea
LeggzLea Posts: 1 Member
Hey everyone !!!! its JAN 1 2014 and today I am starting BODY REVOLUTION .. I have done almost every other JM video and I love her. Was just curious roughly how many calories are burned during each workout in each phase... Just looking for a rough estimate .. also how are the results and how is this program compared to her other videos?

Happy New Year and Cheers

Erin

Replies

• minijag06
    Options
    I love Jillian workouts too! I did Hard Body this morning. Did Body Revolution last year and lost 30 lbs! Have about 10 more to go. I'm not sure how many calories are burned. I'm sure we would need a fit bit to really know?
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Really Depends on your height and weight. I love my Heart Rate Monitor! It was a great investment to my weight loss. I burn anywhere from 200-360 calories depending on the video and how hard I push. I had great results from two rounds and then a round of insanity, feel free to look at my profile pics. I am doing another JMBR round along with T25 right now! Hoping it has great results
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Fitbit would do nothing for this type of exercise. Not even sure how accurate the HRM is since I have read that is supposed to be for constant cardio. I still use mine though and in the early DVDs I was around 250 usually, by the last phase between around 300.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I definitely suggest using a HRM for any and all exercises. No, it doesn't measure how much fat you've burned, but I do believe the calories are far more accurate than the counters on a machine or even the estimate that MFP will give you because the HRM has your settings of height, weight, intensity, etc. I was excluding the warm up from my counter, so I usually averaged about 10 calories per minute with BR, so I was around 300 calories for the 30 minutes of the workout and cool down. I was around 230 lbs and I lost 20 lbs on this program.
  • sajero2
    sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got a HRM and am almost done with Body Revolution, but in the last phase I burned about 250-300. The cardio was the most at 315 or something, but workouts 9-12 were always under 300. It doesn't burn a lot, but it's a great workout. For reference, I am 5'6.5" and about 146 right now. Someone who weighs more than me will likely burn more, if you weigh less you might burn less.