looking for CrossFit women pals

Options

Replies

• rachelannecraig
    Options
    I have been crossfitting for over a year now. I totally love it. My focus is weight loss as I am very over weight. I have found that cross fit gives me confidence and courage to try new things. There are many things in cross fit I struggle with, so having more support would be a great thing.

Feel free to add me!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. Hopefully will be able to start tonight. I purchased a deal on LivingSocial to the box I visited a couple months ago. My gym had a fee based program training program (and some of the instructors incorporated some crossfit elements) they ended at the end of September and I've been a bit lost since then. I figured I'd give this a month to see if I like it as well as work on the budget to see if I can swing it.

How did it go? :smile:

It was wonderful. We went over some of the lifts (which were very hard to do w/just a PVC pipe) and did a workout incorporating a warm up, row 500m, and then did a 5 minute AMRAP of 10 wall balls, 10 kettlebell swings (american style), and 10 abmat situps (I was 5 situps shy of 4 rounds :grumble:), it felt awesome to get back to what was working for me for 10 months. We also did some flexibility exercises for our shoulders that I thought for sure would aggravate the shoulder I tweaked in Tough Mudder 2 weekends ago and surprisingly the shoulder feels better today than it has in 10 days.

Needless to say, if the rest of this month goes the way last night did, I will be signing up.
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm CFing since July, you will be addicted in no time. Feel free to add me :-)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I went to my first intro class today and was humbled! The competition team was getting their workout down as we were signing in and getting stated. They were AMAZING!! Crazy fit. Crazy strong.

We had a little intro chat then

AMRAP 10 minutes - 15 squat, 10 pushups, 10 situps

then 2 minute burpee cashout.

It was fun but my arms are jelly. I was good with the squats, even the sit ups were OK, but the pushups were killer. I can run marathons but I cant do pushups! I went to a fancy food store on my way home and dropped a jar of $$$ pasta sauce and it shattered! Thats how wrecked my arms were.

I have another intro session tomorrow?!?! At another box.

I could totally get into this! ROWWWR!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've been Crossfitting for almost 1 year, I can't even believe it! Always looking for more CF friends!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just started officially a month ago and i'm hooked! I love where I go because our coach incorporates a lot of heavy weight training into our WODs. Today we did Box squat with chains and bands (45 degrees), triples up to a single heavy, then some thrusters, good mornings and then a quick AMRAP of 10 KB swings and 10 toes to bar or leg raises for a 6 min cap. Some hamstring curls with bands to end it.

Tomorrow we're doing Jackie.

I'd love other CF people to add me. I'm still working on the eating part of it and I'm following the Eat to perform facebook page for inspiration and info.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEE. I literally thought I was dying yesterday (First intro session was last Saturday). My abs were so sore it hurt to sit or stand up straight. I also suffered so GI issues. I was miserable. Today I am ok though! Whew.

So how long can I expect to feel absolutely terrible after work outs before it starts getting better? I can deal with soreness but this was on a whole other level!! Ouch.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add ALL Of your because Ive been looking for CF woman friends for the past 2 months.
    Im still a newbie but the kool aid is deliscious
  • figpies
    Options
    Could I be added too? Did my first session last night and it was definitely a humbling experience, but oh so fun (in a masochistic way!)
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad I found this group...I just started to use MFP again a few months ago, and just started Crossfit two weeks ago and totally obsessed with it already, but I have no one to talk to about it! Feel free to add me, and I'll be sending FR's for sure!
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Been crossfitting for about a year on and off, feel free to add!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    been doing crossfit since July! love it! Feel free to add me!
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been doing crossfit for three months and I love it! I'll start tracking again in January and might do the whole life challenge. Feel free to add me!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Been crossfitting since July
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Started last year at one box, and wasnt in love with it. Turns out i was at the wrong box for me. Tried a living social deal at another place and Joined officially in October at a new box and LOVE IT. My coaches are great, even gave all the ladies socks this week.

They are hosting a co-ed lifting competition in 3 weeks and i am so excited to give it a go!

Feel free to add!
  • chatty826
    Options
    Jan 7 makes my 1 year anniversary and I LOVE CF. Please feel free to add me. For the newbies.

It doesn't get any easier but you do get better and stronger.

Remember to rest. Unless you are a hardcore fitness person CF 3 days a week is a good start.
    Be active on the other days and make sure you sleep. Also take about a week off every few months.

Remember you can't out train a bad diet.

Write your wods down. Buy a fancy journal or just buy a cheap notebook...right the date and copy the wod and your results (what youd write on the white board) On the first page or inside over make a list of every lift you do and any of the bench mark wods then write the date and score of every PR. Then you can easily track your progress plus when you go in and it says find your 1RM you remember where you were at last time.
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1.5 yr crossfit addict who just got back into the swing of things here on MFP. Feel free to add me! Always excited to talk to CF ladies!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I've been loving CF for almost three months now!
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Add me to! Ive been doing crossfit since last July x
  • McFelix57
    McFelix57 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I've been doing CrossFit for 2.5 years now.